Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Toronto Raptors Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Bargnani at SF next year? Again? (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=102548)

brwnman 09-10-2008 03:36 PM

Bargnani at SF next year? Again?

Quote:

Raptors president and general manager Bryan Colangelo mentioned on the FAN 590 Tuesday that Andrea Bargnani might see some time at small forward this season in a gigantic starting lineup with Chris Bosh and Jermaine O'Neal.

http://blog.canoe.ca/courtside/2008/...hree_your_take

Maybe this will work better short term when the SF blows by him, JO and Bosh can protect him. BUT that just means, our bigs will get in foul trouble early...

T.O.RAPS 09-10-2008 03:41 PM

Re: Bargnani at SF next year? Again?

Better at PF, and put Bosh at SF if you gonna do that...Bosh is much quicker then Bargs..That could be interesting to watch tho if they would go through with that line.

Qwyjibo 09-10-2008 03:48 PM

This would be a disaster just like it was in the playoffs.

- Moon is a better SF than Bargnani
- Kapono is a better SF than Bargnani

Are the Raptors trying to win or do everything possible to cater to their 1st overall pick? If this happens then it's a last desperation attempt by Colangelo for ANY signs to validate choosing Bargnani at #1.

RAPSCANWIN 09-10-2008 04:13 PM

I hope they experiment with this in the pre-season games and not the regular season.

cause if Moon has worked hard in the off season and improved his game at all, then he should be our starting SF.

bballnoob 09-10-2008 05:08 PM

Why can't BC just admit Bargnani isn't working out on this team instead of continuing to pound the square peg into the round hole.

One of the positives the aqquisition of O'Neal brought was it allowed Bargnani to go back to a role where he succeeded. What's the point of all that PLUS putting him in a big man camp when he has to learn a new position all over again?

Dr.Funk 09-10-2008 08:22 PM

Ugh!

Optimism is flying out the window.

Beebo 09-10-2008 09:17 PM

Knowing Sam Mitchell and his coaching IQ.....Bargnani starting at SF is a possibility.

danumber88 09-10-2008 09:27 PM

they want to make good use of they number #1 pivk. but this is wrong... sam made the wrong timing to test dis kid out at sf. 6th man is more like it.

new noise 09-11-2008 07:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RAPSCANWIN
I hope they experiment with this in the pre-season games and not the regular season.

cause if Moon has worked hard in the off season and improved his game at all, then he should be our starting SF.

Well said. I desperately hope the roster is set in stone before the first game, rather than after the first 20. If Bargnani can't hack it at SF in the pre-season, Colangelo needs to just swallow his pride and start playing him only the few spot minutes behind Bosh he's earned.

PS, I'd actually love to hear from Bargnani as to where he feels comfortable playing. I still don't believe he's as dumb on the floor as he looked last season - he needs to be at whatever spot feels right, and he clearly needs to be told what to do to some extent.

Sekman 09-11-2008 12:40 PM

I agree with every single comment... it is a sh*tty idea and yes we'll be burned on defence, and the bigs will pick up fouls quickly...

despite all the nays, chances are it WILL happen coz BC and SMitch will make the last call...

Sekman 09-11-2008 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bballnoob
Why can't BC just admit Bargnani isn't working out on this team instead of continuing to pound the square peg into the round hole.

I can smell a big G-Bang party in Town... involving S.Mitch, BC, Bargs and perhaps TJ flying in.. lol :banana:

CaptainOwlClub 09-11-2008 04:57 PM

why not do the right thing and trade bargnani to the nuggets?

carmelo bargnani & nene would be the best frontline in the nba for a long while & they would all complement each other perfectly- instead you stunt his growth & your teams by placing him behind your best player & ask him to play out of position? trade value can only go down (imo bargnani's trade value is still high

what would you want for him?

chucky atkins, balkman & 2 1sts?

steven hunter & kleiza?

please take iverson

Burgz 09-12-2008 01:38 AM

the site of bargnani trying to play perimeter defense haunts me to this day

Prodigy 09-12-2008 05:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaptainOwlClub
why not do the right thing and trade bargnani to the nuggets?

carmelo bargnani & nene would be the best frontline in the nba for a long while & they would all complement each other perfectly- instead you stunt his growth & your teams by placing him behind your best player & ask him to play out of position? trade value can only go down (imo bargnani's trade value is still high

what would you want for him?

chucky atkins, balkman & 2 1sts?

steven hunter & kleiza?

please take iverson

I'd do this one in a heartbeat.

Jballer 09-12-2008 04:16 PM

I just want to say....

I TOLD YOU I TOLD YOU...

No this is not a bad idea... Barges might be a defensive liab against quicker and smaller 3's but that is why we have 2 - TWO - BIG INTERIOR D STOPPERS.

Its called rotation.

I also like the mis matches it will create on the O.

3 forwards at basically 7 feet. Sounds like some easy buckets on the RB.

Mind you not for 40 minutes a game... Barges should get 10 minutes + at 3 and rotate through 4 and 5 giving both CB4 and JO rest time.