Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Off the Court Lounge (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   OT:Slum Village (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10390)

GOBB 09-05-2006 09:13 PM

OT:Slum Village

Tell me what u think

Kblaze8855 09-05-2006 10:37 PM

As a freestyler hes got to be elite. Up there with MC Juice and Supernatural maybe. Snoop used to be something like that.

The Mamba 09-05-2006 10:54 PM

Im a huge fan.

JJsOneGoodDUI 09-05-2006 10:55 PM

fruity

butch mcrae 09-05-2006 11:06 PM

R.I.P. jdilla.

they put a unique detroit sound on the map, not obie, sorry buddy.

DoubleTech 09-06-2006 12:27 AM

that 1 guy is solid... but the other guy doesn't do anything in this vid... im still waiting for pattern vs style

Take Your Lumps 09-06-2006 09:51 AM

I can't watch it at work but I already know yall are talking about Elzhi. He can get nasty when he wants to. example..

These n!ggas backstab like they Benedict
Drag they face in the mud til they mouth looks like they bit a brick
Bust like magnificent seven on horseback
Unsigned, but find my rap portables in a source mag-
-azine for fiends who fiend for guillotine sword stat
My tongue is a stinger, my brain is a stun gun
As deadly as the one you put your thumbs on
And squeeze from the bottom
With fatigues but I'm hidin in the trees so high I can breath on a falcon
Jump down, sneak up on a emcee from the rear
A predator with the literature
It shows through my signature
Deliver more, did just for your click
Whats even more sick is I'm a visitor
And plus they be diggin more
Scopin the perimeter
Sneak within the floor
Terminator 2, split your brain in two
While you snore
Keep sleepin, my train of thought is heat seekin
like drippin' ink from a pen and adding Clorox
Murder emcees and leave my fingerprints on doorknobs
The court finds me guilty, might be different in the Lord's eyes
An evil genius, I play your villain in a movie
Fingertips touch from the refillin of the uzi
And its bloodsport open up my mind those slugs walk gracefully
Where your head reside is now a vacancy
Elzhi on, cut the head of a python, with a butcher knife long
When I die I want my third eye born

Milkman 09-06-2006 10:54 AM

Hey "Take Your Lumps" i got a bball related avatar that fits your name if you want to use it:

its Pipen vs heat after Zo caught him with an elbow.

playtetris 09-07-2006 12:03 AM

so as good as the original SV (i'm talking jay dee, baatin and t3) were, i kinda wish elzhi was part of the crew in those days. i mean, the emceeing on fantastic vol 1&2 sounded nice, but the lyrical content wasn't great. in fact, i'd say dilla was the best mc of the three, and he wasn't brilliant by any means. having elzhi would give the group more depth, i feel. the production is some of the best i've heard, but ehh. would've been a top 10 album of all time with better lyrics

butch mcrae 09-07-2006 12:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by playtetris
the production is some of the best i've heard

:stupid:

playtetris 09-07-2006 12:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by butch mcrae
:stupid:

fantastic volume 2?
that **** is fire. so many unbelievable beats on there.
in terms of producers, i rank dilla up there with pete rock, premo, dre, rza etc

butch mcrae 09-07-2006 12:40 AM

Quote:

fantastic volume 2?
that **** is fire. so many unbelievable beats on there.
in terms of producers, i rank dilla up there with pete rock, premo, dre, rza etc

very true, one of my favorite albums, solely on the beats alone. It's a shame, he was on the verge of breaking really big and getting national appeal. I really wanted to hear what he was capable of at full potential. His stuff on Common's album 'Like Water for Chocolate' is :pimp:

playtetris 09-07-2006 07:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by butch mcrae
very true, one of my favorite albums, solely on the beats alone. It's a shame, he was on the verge of breaking really big and getting national appeal. I really wanted to hear what he was capable of at full potential. His stuff on Common's album 'Like Water for Chocolate' is :pimp:

'thelonius' is probably my favourite dilla beat... his verse in that is great, as well.

butch mcrae 09-07-2006 10:19 AM

Quote:

'thelonius' is probably my favourite dilla beat... his verse in that is great, as well.

It's a very memorable beat. As far as his flowing, I liked his stuff on "Welcome 2 Detroit". The beats were hard and his flowing was on point. good stuff to bump in the car.

GOBB 09-07-2006 07:20 PM

Quote:

everyone who loves hip hop would automatically rank him that high. Its not even a debate, argument. Its a straight and utter fact he was one of the games elite producers. Guy produced some ridiculous tracks and i throw out another FACT. If you played songs J Dilla produced alot of people will be shocked and surprised with a "what? he did that? stop playin" or I didnt know he did that! approach.