Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Toronto Raptors Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Nash to T.O (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=105500)

kmart 10-11-2008 03:20 PM

Nash to T.O
 
http://www.globesports.com/servlet/s...rtsBasketball/

could nash end up in toronto about two years from now

YaoMing4MVP 10-11-2008 03:49 PM

Re: Nash to T.O
 
He will only come if TO is a championship calibre team, the reaso is that he hasn't won it yet.

You wouldn't want him anyways. He will be way passed his prime. I think we should just focus our efforts on re-signing the likes of Bosh and other big name free agents in 2010.

Jalen5 10-11-2008 04:00 PM

Re: Nash to T.O
 
U can't say he won't come, who's to say what 's going to happen in 2 years.

Dr.Funk 10-11-2008 05:04 PM

Re: Nash to T.O
 
I see Nash retiring as a Raptor after playing one season here.

keantona 10-11-2008 05:37 PM

Re: Nash to T.O
 
I'd love to get Nash into the organisation as his career winds down and then keep him as an assistant with a view to him becoming head coach if it works out (I could possibly even support the gamble of making him head coach immediately after he retires). I suspect his vision would transfer very well to a coaching role if he wants it.

kmart 10-11-2008 05:57 PM

Re: Nash to T.O
 
two years from now if were not a championship caliber team we lost bosh. i think nash is saying this assuming the raptors are a championship caliber team at that time because the suns are gonna suck

YaoMing4MVP 10-11-2008 06:23 PM

Re: Nash to T.O
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by kmart
two years from now if were not a championship caliber team we lost bosh. i think nash is saying this assuming the raptors are a championship caliber team at that time because the suns are gonna suck


That's exactly my thought as well. I don't know if we will be by then. However, if Phoenix wins a championship before Nash's contract is over, I think he will come, because then he's got nothing left to prove.

I know all of us Canadian fans want to see Nash here for a season. However, think logically. He won't be all that good in 2 years. I don't think BC will sign him just to entertain the fans. Remember the mistake we made with Hakeem Olajuwon. Sometimes, you're better off letting a player retire.

b4ball 10-12-2008 11:24 AM

Re: Nash to T.O
 
With S. Kerr as the GM in Phoenix, the Suns aren't going anywhere.

RAPSCANWIN 10-12-2008 07:59 PM

Re: Nash to T.O
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by keantona
I'd love to get Nash into the organisation as his career winds down and then keep him as an assistant with a view to him becoming head coach if it works out (I could possibly even support the gamble of making him head coach immediately after he retires). I suspect his vision would transfer very well to a coaching role if he wants it.


That actually makes sense, maybe not a head coach right away, but a player coach, asst coach and then coach. Your right, Nashs player credentials would give him instant respect. As well, he's a very smart guy and seems to be a good communicator, so it seems likely that he'd be a good coach.

YaoMing4MVP 10-13-2008 05:59 PM

Re: Nash to T.O
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by RAPSCANWIN
That actually makes sense, maybe not a head coach right away, but a player coach, asst coach and then coach. Your right, Nashs player credentials would give him instant respect. As well, he's a very smart guy and seems to be a good communicator, so it seems likely that he'd be a good coach.


He would make a great assitant coach and eventually a great coach. In that case, have him as part of the coaching staff after he retires. I don't want to see him play when he's got nothing left, and he won't have anything left in the thank in 2 years.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:00 PM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy