Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Toronto Raptors Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Pape Sow (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1064)

bk15 06-10-2006 09:02 PM

Pape Sow

What Yall think about him??
Keep?
Trade?
His Contribution to the team next year

mkvli 06-10-2006 09:10 PM

useless, along the lines of michael bradley. thats how bad he is. hes nothing special whatsoever. stop overrating him.

Pistol Pete 06-10-2006 09:12 PM

Pape Sow is definately a keeper, he will probably be our 2nd or 3rd center depending on the acquisitions we make this offseason. He probably will not contribute much on the offensive end of the ball, but his hustle and presence on the defensive end will be worthwhile. He also has tremendous potential, he is still very raw but there is no telling how good he could be.

GoRapz 06-10-2006 09:26 PM

he's a hustler, hard worker. He might not score double digit points a night but those are the kinds of guys you need to keep on your team.

Chamberlain 06-10-2006 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mkvli
useless, along the lines of michael bradley. thats how bad he is. hes nothing special whatsoever. stop overrating him.

I'm sorry but you really couldn't be any more wrong.

1. Useless - He's an energy guy who everyone (coaches, fans, even himself) knows won't need the ball to be effective. He's effective getting rebounds, running the floor, playing defense and setting screens. To say he may be the second coming of Ben Wallace is probably an overstatement (although it has been said), you can't deny the fact that he has the tools to be a great energy/defense post player in the league.

2. Michael Bradley - Bradley doesn't belong in the league, honestly. I've never met him but I've seen him in interviews and whatnot and I have nothing against him at all, he just isn't that good. And to compare Pape Sow to him is like comparing apples and oranges, they play completly different games and have completely different futures.

3. Nothing Special - You may be right. But as of now he's still a young guy who seems to have a bright future. Even if his level of play doesn't improve, he still has some value to a team.

4. Over Rating - I haven't seen anyone on these boards over rate him. Everybody knows he isn't going to be an all star and might never crack a starting lineup for a permanant basis.

Not trying to hate on you, I just think your wrong, and these are my opinions.

GoRapz 06-10-2006 11:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chamberlain
4. Over Rating - I haven't seen anyone on these boards over rate him. Everybody knows he isn't going to be an all star and might never crack a starting lineup for a permanant basis.

Not trying to hate on you, I just think your wrong, and these are my opinions.

good thing you said these boards as in the new boards. On the old one he was being referred to as the Pope and everyone was hyping him up cuz of his performance at the NBDL. It was pretty cool actually.

Chamberlain 06-10-2006 11:49 PM

Yeah I was only referring to the new boards, I wasn't a part of the old boards. I kinda like that nickname though.

Tips4 06-11-2006 02:52 AM

Quote:

useless, along the lines of michael bradley. thats how bad he is. hes nothing special whatsoever. stop overrating him

How dare you talk about Pop like that :mad: Hopefully Pop doesnt know about ISH messeage board or else he make us all pay the terrible price for talking about him like that!!!:bowdown:

lollol604 06-11-2006 06:28 AM

pape sow should only be used next year if bosh/cv3 humpries our number 1 draft pick if (PF/C) is in mad foul trouble

T-Low 06-11-2006 12:41 PM

Last year was Pape's real rookie season. I know he was drafted a couple years ago but this is the first year he got playing time. He has a good work ethic, he wants to go somewhere (like any other player) and he enjoys to play the game. Unlike a lot of other players, it is all about the money. The only downside to Pape's game is the foul trouble. If he works on his game, he could become better...put on a little weight to.

bk15 06-11-2006 12:57 PM

i would use Pape sow before Kris humphry

Unregistered 06-11-2006 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bk15
i would use Pape sow before Kris humphry

I read all these messages and this one is the worst of them all. Pape before Humphries is unbelievable. Pape is ok, 3rd C at best on most teams, and wouldn't make a number of teams. I know we're all raps fan and optmistic, but lets be realistic also.

bk15 06-11-2006 01:52 PM

thats just my opinion buddy:applause:

Bourne 06-11-2006 02:28 PM

pape is a center, Mr. Unregistered, and would play there before humphries would.

T-Low 06-11-2006 02:41 PM

Isn't Humphries a Power Forward? I think he would be at the Power Forward position backing up 2nd or 3rd. Sow is totally different style of player. he is complete Center in my opinion.