Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Toronto Raptors Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   mo pete trade? (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1073)

Unregistered 06-10-2006 10:48 PM

mo pete trade?

who else agrees with me that with the play of mo pete this past season that the raps should trade him because this type of year is not going to happn again from him and his value is high right now so y wait and hes a f.a in 07 trade em???

Chamberlain 06-10-2006 10:56 PM

Mo Pete is the kinda guy you want on your team. He doesn't give up, and we dont know for sure if he'll have another year like this year. His stats may not show it every year but he is one the most important pieces to our team. He plays hard night in night out, he loves the team and the fans, and as far as him bein a free agent in 07 goes, I think it's safe to say he'll return unless a serious contender makes him an offer.

lollol604 06-11-2006 06:35 AM

i would love to see mo pete come back, but at a reason price say 5-6 mill tops. that means a 1-1.5 mill raise, i think he deserves that. he is pretty streaky but we don't need him to put up 20 a game just 10-15 and play good D. plus he is a fan fav.

GoRapz 06-11-2006 11:09 AM

I want Mo Pete to retire as a Raptor. He's been here for us through the bad and the good times and has never complained about anything.

T-Low 06-11-2006 12:02 PM

I want Mo Pete to stay for 2 reasons. His dedication to this club and also his spectacular defense. I don't know a guy that game in and game out will take a hit under the net for his team. This guy is dedicated to get the team back to the playoffs. But one thing I would rather have with Mo Pete....bring back the Cornrows!

albertpujols 06-11-2006 03:54 PM

Again, hard worker, good attitude, solid player. Even when dealt with a rebuilding team, he keeps his head up and plays his best. I definatly would not trade him.

craigthomasb 06-11-2006 04:35 PM

if we can get mo pete to sign a deal next summer for around $5 million a season for another 3-5 years, he will again represent great value

Bourne 06-11-2006 05:34 PM

Imo he is worth 6.5-7 a year. He has earned it this year. He deserves a good raise.

Dr.Funk 06-12-2006 11:46 AM

I expect Mo to have an off season this season as per usual with him. It wouldn't kill me to see him traded but I would still be happy if he was still here next season. I see him as our Raja Bell.

T-Low 06-12-2006 12:51 PM

Mo Pete has the potential to keep this team going. He is one of the original players from the Playoff squad that almost took us to the finals a few years back (Other than Williams). This team is an incredible squad when he is in the lineup. And also....HE IS THE IRONMAN OF THE LEAGUE at this very moment. Why get rid of a guy that has value. If we were going to make a trade, I don't like saying this, but have it include someone with value like Bonner. He is a great player on the offence but when it comes to the defense he loses his player to easily. But who knows, it might change.

bonez26 06-12-2006 12:53 PM

You have to keep MO..IMO...however if he is the deal breaker in a Blockbuster you may have to give him up for a year and try to re-sign him

23jordan23 06-12-2006 02:12 PM

I just feel when Mo Pete trys to play a more overall game meaning a balance shooting ..driving hes a pretty good player...but theres times when he gets frustrated and just wants to settle for his 3's which turns him into a one dimensional player.

Lightemup43 06-12-2006 02:16 PM

Mo Pete is the Paul Pierce of the Raptors... I have never heard so many trade rumors involving any other players. They have been on the block for years, I kinda feel for them

AKADS 06-12-2006 02:37 PM

I would love for Mo Pete to end up on any of my favorite teams. He is a solid 2 gaurd. He is a good shooter, good defender, decent passer, can get to the hole. He plays hard and hasn't missed a game in yrs. Mo Pete is one of those great 3rd or 4th option guys. He doesn't whine about not getting the ball or his shots an doesn't force shots for his own stats.

Bourne 06-12-2006 03:09 PM

He'd surely help out in Cleveland. He is a good three point shooter that does things other than annoy people (damon jones)