Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Off the Court Lounge (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Did anyone watch Pride fighting? (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10768)

ManUtd 09-10-2006 03:15 PM

Did anyone watch Pride fighting?

Mirko Cro Cop is freakin amazing :banana:

TMacsOneGoodEye 09-10-2006 03:35 PM

Ive only seen the Silva domination. I've been looking for the Barnett fight but can't find it yet. He's unreal. Best fighter in the world right now, he's just on another level and Fedor has been out for so long that I think he's number 2 right now. know, I know, but come on. Did you see what Cro Cop did to Silva? He's in the hospital right now.

Targus™ 09-10-2006 03:39 PM

pride owns UFC, waaay more talent

eboloid 09-10-2006 03:42 PM

Does Pride have the same uncomfortable homoerotic grappling/wrestling parts as UFC does? They only show old UFC stuff over here.

TMacsOneGoodEye 09-10-2006 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eboloid
Does Pride have the same uncomfortable homoerotic grappling/wrestling parts as UFC does? They only show old UFC stuff over here.

It's called MMA and the groundwork is a big part of mixed martial arts.

DoubleTech 09-10-2006 03:44 PM

is that the same silva dude that is supposed to fight chuck lidell?

Targus™ 09-10-2006 03:47 PM

i prefer boxing, been watchin it for so long...i just want to see Floyd Mayweather lose, dude's full of himself. he's fighting Carlos Baldomir next, who isn't exactly a scrub, this guy just owned Gatti, and he can take a lot of punches.

TMacsOneGoodEye 09-10-2006 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DoubleTech
is that the same silva dude that is supposed to fight chuck lidell?

Yeah, he would have killed Chuck, but I doubt it's happening now after the beating Cro Cop gave him. He's gonna take awhile to get healthy.

ilovethemavz 09-10-2006 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMacsOneGoodEye
Ive only seen the Silva domination. I've been looking for the Barnett fight but can't find it yet. He's unreal. Best fighter in the world right now, he's just on another level and Fedor has been out for so long that I think he's number 2 right now. know, I know, but come on. Did you see what Cro Cop did to Silva? He's in the hospital right now.

Where did u see it at???

Jerm 09-10-2006 03:55 PM

Why is it called "Pride" fighting?...Is it only for homosexual men or something? :confusedshrug:

:roll:@ that pic. above, seems like it's only asians in the audience and look how they're watching with mouth and eyes wide open.

TMacsOneGoodEye 09-10-2006 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jerm
Why is it called "Pride" fighting?...Is it only for homosexual men or something? :confusedshrug:

:roll:@ that pic. above, seems like it's only asians in the audience and look how they're watching with mouth and eyes wide open.

Well, it does take place in Japan, dork.

exit 09-10-2006 04:00 PM

Quote:

hahaha you're ****ing retarded. only someone who knows nothing about martial arts would say something like this. can you even throw a punch? :no:

Jerm 09-10-2006 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by exit
hahaha you're ****ing retarded. only someone who knows nothing about martial arts would say something like this. can you even throw a punch? :no:

Nah man but tell your girl I can lay the pipe. :pimp:

hateraid 09-10-2006 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMacsOneGoodEye

TMOGE, did that just happen today?

I question your theory Silva killing Liddell. I think fighting in pride humbled him ( Liddell), and took back with him something that makes his game unstoppable, his takedown defense. I can't see Silva being as good of a striker, and Liddell is on point right now. I do think Cro Cop and liddell would be an insane blood bath.

TMacsOneGoodEye 09-10-2006 04:05 PM

Quote:

Nah man but tell your girl I can lay the pipe. :pimp:

I thought your tribe castrated every second son at birth? Don't you have an older brother?