Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Sacramento Kings Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   bonzi fires agent (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10771)

Perezident 09-10-2006 04:34 PM

bonzi fires agent

hey guys i'm back ..... but i came back with some interesting news.... bonzi wells fired that jack of an ass called his agent today.... is this some indication that is leading him coming back to the kings uniform..... because it was he that caused bonzi not to take the money we offered him...... now it looks like to me that geoff must have still want bonzi back so maybe i thinking .. that geof told bonzi that if u firstly fire that moron we could start considering u comin back again....
but look for some key trades first for cap room and roster spots...hence jason hart and corlioss williamson to bobcats for future 2nd round draft picks...or potapenko to the blazers for a 2nd rounder cuz they are looking for more big bodies imo...... whats your take on this whole senario/situation

Buck 09-10-2006 07:11 PM

Since the beginning of free agency, Musselman (who has had a long history working with Bonzi at Portland and Memphis) has shown zero interest in having Bonzi return to the team. Plus, our new coach has been in close contact with K. Martin regardfing how to make the most of Kevin's skills in the new offensive scheme, at the #2 position.

What I'm s saying is, "The Kings are no longer interested in Bonzi's services."

I agree with Geoff Petrie--Hang on to those expiring contracts (Hart, Williamson, Potapenko) and be in a position to take advantage of opportunities in the free agency and draft in the next off season.

Targus™ 09-10-2006 07:13 PM

forget bonzi, i dont want him back. Let K-Mart start, it's his time to shine.

bigboi_baller 09-10-2006 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck
Since the beginning of free agency, Musselman (who has had a long history working with Bonzi at Portland and Memphis) has shown zero interest in having Bonzi return to the team. Plus, our new coach has been in close contact with K. Martin regardfing how to make the most of Kevin's skills in the new offensive scheme, at the #2 position. .

Where is your information coming from?
I still think the kings should try to sign and trade bonzi, but I would be open to keeping him only if he accepted a Bench role

mariodeathgrip 09-11-2006 12:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Perezident
hey guys i'm back ..... but i came back with some interesting news.... bonzi wells fired that jack of an ass called his agent today.... is this some indication that is leading him coming back to the kings uniform..... because it was he that caused bonzi not to take the money we offered him...... now it looks like to me that geoff must have still want bonzi back so maybe i thinking .. that geof told bonzi that if u firstly fire that moron we could start considering u comin back again....
but look for some key trades first for cap room and roster spots...hence jason hart and corlioss williamson to bobcats for future 2nd round draft picks...or potapenko to the blazers for a 2nd rounder cuz they are looking for more big bodies imo...... whats your take on this whole senario/situation

That's good for Bonzi to fire his agent, I think Bonzi can do good in Sac, Artest said he wanted him there, but most kings fan don't. Mabe a sign and trade is possible. I believe that could make the team a-lot better, depending who they trade for. As for your trade rumors ?:confusedshrug:
With the lost of Bozi, I thought the King were screwed, but if he returns or a sign or trade happens, new life for the Kings. I see not only a play-off spot but above a 7th or 8th.

Perezident 09-11-2006 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck
Since the beginning of free agency, Musselman (who has had a long history working with Bonzi at Portland and Memphis) has shown zero interest in having Bonzi return to the team. Plus, our new coach has been in close contact with K. Martin regardfing how to make the most of Kevin's skills in the new offensive scheme, at the #2 position.

What I'm s saying is, "The Kings are no longer interested in Bonzi's services."

I agree with Geoff Petrie--Hang on to those expiring contracts (Hart, Williamson, Potapenko) and be in a position to take advantage of opportunities in the free agency and draft in the next off season.

i agree wit u bigbboi where is this info coming from?????
u guys are really starting to bug me now with this bonzi situation honestly because u guys forgot who helped us not get sweep???? it was bonzi...i heard announcers calling him a "beast" it wasnt his fault that the money was turned down it was his stupid agent....whom bonzi strongly trusted to getting a good deal done thats all.... thats y his ass was fired... kevin martin isnt ready to be a high allstar vet which we need now....
it almost sounds like u guys dnt wanna win now but are looking 5 yrs down the line to win..... i'm like ron artest I WANT TO WIN NOW! and the only way that can happen if we sign bonzi or sign trade bonzi to get some role vet/players......lets stop being ignorant now and holding grudges for nuttin. if we can package our 3 expiring contracts and a second rounder for lets say a melvin ely plus we bring in bonzi....for a 1/2 yr contract we could be very well championship contenders and we''ll be a deep team ...think about it

bigmeace 09-11-2006 04:10 PM

Bring Bonzi Back

I agree with you prez (Big Time) both bonzi and martin should get equal time at the 2 spot but i think if we want to win, we need bonzi back cause when bonzi and artest is on the floor together there is no other 2 & 3's that can stop them

Targus™ 09-11-2006 09:04 PM

i don't agree with that. let's say we DO resign bonzi somehow, that doesn't automatically make us a championship contender. by the time this team develops and gets great chemistry, bonzi will be 32, 33 years old. yeesh. that is taking a lot of time from Kevin Martin, who deserves a starting role. now if he don't resign him, hey it might hurt us in some areas next season, but for the long run it's a good move. Kevin Martin will get to develop into his full potential, which is the most important thing I want to see for the kid.

lakerfreak 09-11-2006 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Targus™
i don't agree with that. let's say we DO resign bonzi somehow, that doesn't automatically make us a championship contender. by the time this team develops and gets great chemistry, bonzi will be 32, 33 years old. yeesh. that is taking a lot of time from Kevin Martin, who deserves a starting role. now if he don't resign him, hey it might hurt us in some areas next season, but for the long run it's a good move. Kevin Martin will get to develop into his full potential, which is the most important thing I want to see for the kid.

Sure it might not make you a championship contender but there is noone else thats really better than bonzi right now in free agency.

He was dominant against the spurs...

Targus™ 09-11-2006 10:29 PM

yeah, he played great, I'm not saying his absence won't hurt us. it will. why sign bonzi when we're loaded with gaurds? what Petrie needs to do is keep those expiring contract and then make some good acquisitions next free agency. for now, we need a big man.