Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Philadelphia 76ers Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   if Philly trades Iverson and Dalembert... (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1104)

IGGYIVERSON 06-11-2006 11:28 AM

if Philly trades Iverson and Dalembert...

could we be potentially looking at the next Bulls?

trading Iverson and Sammy in separate or combined deals would no doubt bring in some draft picks (they'll have at least 2 lottery picks this year guaranteed) and "starting" calibur players....

Philly'06 was basicallly a bunch of young guys with 2 "old" men (Webber and AI).

do u feel its a smart move? im very weary of young teams (its the old ones who always win titles).

2 lottery picks, iggy, hunter, korver, willie green, webber does not look like a playoff team, but Philly would have made a huge jump in rebuilding and they'd have some cap space.

i would still hate to lose Iverson tho. we'll never win one with him but there's almost a weird pride factor involved when u have the guy. i dont know its confusing.

geeWiz15 06-11-2006 11:45 AM

The Bulls are a very, very lucky and special group that did absolutely everything right to get in the great situation they are in. This kind of thing might never happen again in the NBA. But I think the Sixers have a shot to be close. What about Webber's contract though? And really, for all the talent you guys have, you don't have anybody as good as Hinrich and you don't have the promise of Chandler and Curry waiting on the frontcourt... you have Steven Hunter. You'll need three teams all with gigantic expriers and good first round draft picks who are willing to take on your terrible contracts. Good luck getting rid of those deals and getting beneficial stuff in return. Bulls never had to do this. They gave away Pippen, MJ retired, and really that was their roster right there. Then they sucked for like five years, got the three Cs, and slowly but surely made their cap and youth situation perfect given immaculate luck. Sixers probably won't see the same fate. Most teams don't. Bulls are the prototype for perfect long-term rebuilding.

DirtBag 06-11-2006 11:56 AM

By webber and AI you mean Cwebb and Iggy right?

GOBB 06-11-2006 12:19 PM

I would keep AI, Iggy, Willie Green and then throw everyone else on the table and see what you can do. Maybe Sixers can move up by packaging thier pick and a player. But trading Dalembert is gonna be interesting considering they have no Center. Maybe they are targetting someone in the league or draft? :confusedshrug:

420puffer 06-11-2006 12:27 PM

AI doesnt play old, only CWebb does. But still, its time for 76ers to part with AI. He has taken them to the Finals 1 time & thats the furthest they will ever go with him. Keep the young core together- Korver, baby AI, Dalembert. But give one of them up if they can rid Cwebbs massive contract along with it.

GOBB 06-11-2006 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 420puffer
AI doesnt play old, only CWebb does. But still, its time for 76ers to part with AI. He has taken them to the Finals 1 time & thats the furthest they will ever go with him. Keep the young core together- Korver, baby AI, Dalembert. But give one of them up if they can rid Cwebbs massive contract along with it.

Glad you're not the GM. :violin:

Unregistered 06-11-2006 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GOBB

PG/PF/Athletic SF

Unregistered 06-11-2006 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered
PG/PF/Athletic SF

What?

craigthomasb 06-11-2006 04:37 PM

if the xsixers were going to a clearout, i would trade webber and ai. but i would definatley keep dalembert, young double double centres who block a tonne of shots a game are a very rare comodity

TheReturnofCed 06-11-2006 04:47 PM

This is easy.

Iverson to Atlanta for Marvin Williams, Zaza Pachulia and Pick 4 (and future first rounders)

Dalembert to Chicago for pick 15 (?) and Chris Duhon.

Webber to New York for Jalen Rose and David Lee

CT: Pachulia/ Hunter
PF: Lee/ ?
SF: Williams/ Korver
SG: Igoudala/ Rose
PG: Duhon/ ?
Pick 4, 13, 15.

Capspace galore.

TheReturnofCed 06-11-2006 04:53 PM

^Thats quite a shit team IMO.

What was I thinking? :confusedshrug:

420puffer 06-11-2006 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GOBB

Whats wrong with that? If you another team is giong to take C-webb, theyre going to expect someone with that package to sweeten things up.

GOBB 06-11-2006 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 420puffer
Whats wrong with that? If you another team is giong to take C-webb, theyre going to expect someone with that package to sweeten things up.

Korver, Iggy, Dalembert as the foundation? And packaging one with Webber to get a sweet deal? Dog poo.

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheReturnofCed
^Thats quite a shit team IMO.

What was I thinking? :confusedshrug:

As usual you wasnt. Atleast you recognized it. :applause:

Unregistered 06-11-2006 06:49 PM

i dont think Webber is going anywhere. his contract is way too hard to move (especially for someone his age).

if Philly does go towards the all out youth movement they're hinting at, at least Webber will be their anchor.....gotta have at least one old vet starting.

my guess is that Dalembert and Iverson are gone. hopefully in separate deals too. Philly just needs some new DNA.

kentatm 06-11-2006 07:07 PM

Quote:

The Bulls are a very, very lucky and special group that did absolutely everything right to get in the great situation they are in.

if you call trading Artest, Brad Miller and Elton Brand for bags of magic beans doing everything right then I have a business deal to propose to you.