Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   NBA Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Wizards Fire Coach Eddie Jordan; Tapscott Takes Over (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=110665)

gotbacon23 11-24-2008 09:43 AM

eddie jordan fired

http://www.insidehoops.com/blog/?p=2477

Wow. The team was just 1-10, which is awful. But they were also injured this whole time and a few players were underperforming.

What do you think?

2LeTTeRS 11-24-2008 09:45 AM

Re: eddie jordan fired

Damn sorry to see Jordan go, he's a quality coach. With the fact that the Wiaz are noamlly slow starters and he's proven himself to be able to win in spite of injuries I expected them to give him a little time to try to right the ship. He'll get another shot at a head coaching job soon.

Dasher 11-24-2008 09:53 AM

Eddie is another coach that should be on OKCs list. The Thunder have horrid ball movement, and a move to his modified Princeton could solve the ball stopping problems that Kevin Durant has.

gotbacon23 11-24-2008 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dasher
Eddie is another coach that should be on OKCs list. The Thunder have horrid ball movement, and a move to his modified Princeton could solve the ball stopping problems that Kevin Durant has.

agreed. jeff green would also benefit a lot from eddie jordan as the offense would be similiar to what he played in under JT3 at gtown. eddie is a good coach but with that roster the wiz weren't going anywhere so unfortunatley he got the blame.

Mississippi 11-24-2008 09:59 AM

WTF? Why? It's not his fault the wizards suck and that they went out and spent over a 100 mil on an injury prone guard. Hope it's not true.

gotbacon23 11-24-2008 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mississippi
WTF? Why? It's not his fault the wizards suck and that they went out and spent over a 100 mil on an injury prone guard. Hope it's not true.

fans call for a change when a team starts off 1-10. the easiest change to make is firing the coach- whether or not its justified.

Seņor Cedric 11-24-2008 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gotbacon23
fans call for a change when a team starts off 1-10. the easiest change to make is firing the coach- whether or not its justified.

They should have shipped out Jamison, and actually tried to get a point guard. Re-signing Arenas was a huge mistake.

This team will be screwed for years

gigantes 11-24-2008 10:05 AM

jordan has done a great job for years with a very flawed team.

i'd love to have him back on the nets, altho he's prime head coach material IMO so it prolly won't happen.

gotbacon23 11-24-2008 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seņor Cedric
They should have shipped out Jamison, and actually tried to get a point guard. Re-signing Arenas was a huge mistake.

agreed but its easier said than done. jamison has great value to a contending team but that value goes down after each year. since the wiz were a 40-44 win team the last several years, they should have traded him to a contender and get some good value.

Dasher 11-24-2008 10:10 AM

Antawn Jamison

to the Bobcats
for

Raymond Felton
Jared Dudley
Sean May

The Wizards get from under Jamison's contract, and a PG insurance policy for Gilbo.
The Bobcats get frontcourt scoring to compliment Emeka Okafor, and another Tar Heel connection to replace Felton and Buffet.

Mississippi 11-24-2008 10:11 AM

Not many point guards available besides maybe Raymond Felton, Kirk Hinrich and maybe Stephon Marbury. They could use a center as well. JaVale McGee still has alot to learn. He can score, but his defense is pretty crappy. I saw him get dunked on numerous times the other night against the Rockets. I think the Wiz should go after Brad Miller.

2LeTTeRS 11-24-2008 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seņor Cedric

Actually just allowing the team to suck for the year could be the best thing to happen for this team. They are a rugged inside player with scoring ability away from being a very good team. I'd take it slow with Gil (hell if he says he's healthy in January, I still wouldn't play him til mid- February) and keep racking up the Ls.

A core of Gil + Butler + Jamision with a player like Blake Griffin could be dangerous.

LJJ 11-24-2008 10:18 AM

Good move. Jordan is not the right coach for this team.
He didn't seem to have any authority over this team, and that has been the case for seasons. Butler, Arenas and Jamison just always have been able to keep the Wizards a decent team, but strictly due to their individual class.

vinsane01 11-24-2008 10:32 AM

WTF? why would they do this? I actually think eddie jordan, if given quality players, can lead this team deep in the playoffs, if not just simply enter it...

sucks for washington.. guess gilbert was right about his prediction.

Valliant13 11-24-2008 10:36 AM

I feel bad for the guy...but the team was clearly not responding to him anymore. He`s not a bad coach, but once you lose the locker room it`s time to go.