Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Fantasy Basketball Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   fantasy sports tools - any suggestions? (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11433)

soultronix 09-19-2006 02:05 PM

fantasy sports tools - any suggestions?

hey all, some friends and i have put together a bunch of tools for fantasy basketball (we're rolling out to the other major pro sports soon). i want to ask all you fantasy sports experts out there: what kind of tools would you want to have a competitive edge over your competitors? what would you need to put you over the top?

tell me how we can help you win. :)

check out what we have so far on www.fantasymoneyball.com... it's super easy to register and best of all, it's FREE!

a few of the tools we have thus far (just in time for the upcoming season!):
  • 2005 NBA Players Stats complete with multiple ranking systems, trends charts tracking over their entire career and comparison graphs against other players in their position
  • Draft List Creator Tool you can maintain multiple draft lists of players by using our drag and drop tool.
  • Custom User Rankings create your own ranking system by "weighing" certain categories' importance over another so that it'll be specific to your fantasy league.
  • Draft Tracker Tool a tool you can use while your live draft is happening so that you can track your team's stats against all the other teams in your fantasy league as you pick each player.

i could write pages and pages about the tools, but it won't do any good unless you try it out yourselves. this ain't automated spam... i'm just spreading the word to all the other fantasy ballers out there... feel free to tell your friends about it.

and no.. there is NO catch.. it really is FREE.

SRZ66 09-19-2006 02:52 PM

wow that actually is a sweet site, thanks

adamcz 09-19-2006 03:04 PM

Check rotoguru for an example of what you can do.

soultronix 09-19-2006 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adamcz
Check rotoguru for an example of what you can do.

thanks for the suggestion adamcz! hmmm... it looks like rotoguru is more of a strategy site and not one that helps with analyzing player statistics:

What you will not find at this site:

In general, this site is devoted to the quantitative or technical aspects of fantasy sports strategy. It will not help you assess player talent. That is your job as a fantasy sports manager.

our goal with fantasymoneyball.com is to create a suite of tools that will allow its users to analyze player stats any way they want.

for example, if you're in a rotisserie league, and you're behind on rebounds and assists but you can afford to give up a little on points, you can fudge with the sorting model to rank the players who are strongest in rebounds and assists and not as great at scoring points.

another great option is in the draft tool where it will calculate on the fly which categories you are strong in and which ones you're weak so when it's your turn to draft again, you can make an informed decision.

adamcz 09-19-2006 03:55 PM

That draft tool sounds pretty useful. Rotoguru seems to be custom designed to help with the games at SportingNews. Seems like your site is more for Yahoo-type drafting leagues. I play both types most years, so maybe I can use both cheat sites.

SRZ66 09-19-2006 03:55 PM

i liked your site, the rankings are a little tweaked though.... ray allen #3? chris bosh in the 60's or whatever he was.... im pretty sure those need to be fixed as well as several others

*edit* i see that is a list comprised of other users rankings....?

soultronix 09-19-2006 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SRZ66
i liked your site, the rankings are a little tweaked though.... ray allen #3? chris bosh in the 60's or whatever he was.... im pretty sure those need to be fixed as well as several others

*edit* i see that is a list comprised of other users rankings....?

These rankings are all based on the 2005 season and derived using pure mathematical statistical models. Taking a quick peek, Bosh only played 70 games last season so based purely on numbers he may not have had as strong of a statistical performance as someone who isn't as good of a player but played more games.

Our FMB ranking is based on an average of 3 statistical models: Average Deviation, Maximum Percentile, and Summation. Go to the "Players" link under the "Basketball" tab. There's a little description on top of each table. You can also see how a player ranked in each model.

There is also the Moneyboard Rankings (which you referred to in your edit) that you see on the user homepage (after you log in). This is based on an average of all the draft lists created by users of FMB. So the more people who join and use FMB to create their draft lists, the more accurate the Moneyboard Ranking will be. This ranking is based purely on the users and has no mathematical basis.

soultronix 09-19-2006 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adamcz
That draft tool sounds pretty useful. Rotoguru seems to be custom designed to help with the games at SportingNews. Seems like your site is more for Yahoo-type drafting leagues. I play both types most years, so maybe I can use both cheat sites.

I've never heard of the SportingNews game.. how's it different?

SCdac 09-19-2006 04:40 PM

www.basketballmonster.com

I use this site religiously lol, but really it's a great site for fantasy basketball... Player Rankings (Cumulative, Per Game, Per Minute), Team Analysis, Trade Analysis, etc. The projections aren't free though.

SRZ66 09-19-2006 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SCdac
www.basketballmonster.com

I use this site religiously lol, but really it's a great site for fantasy basketball... Player Rankings (Cumulative, Per Game, Per Minute), Team Analysis, Trade Analysis, etc. The projections aren't free though.

that trade analysis tool is pretty nice