Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Phoenix Suns Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   All This Talent And Can't Win! (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=118803)

Domingo84 02-01-2009 10:42 AM

All This Talent And Can't Win!

The Suns went 7 wins and 8 loses in January! This was a disaster month for the Suns! With all this talent why, is this team so, bad! There as bad as the team when we had Marbury! Is it Porters system? I really like the idea that he wants them to play defense but, look at the squad they have! There not a defensive team! The best defender the Suns have is a 36 year old Grant Hill! He's our best defender! I think they should just run and gun again! Scrap this half court, dump the ball into Shaq all the time system! Suns atleast won games and looked good out there! I think if, the Suns still the 8th seed by the trade dead line Amare, Shaq or Nash is gone!

drummer44 02-02-2009 09:47 PM

Re: All This Talent And Can't Win!

I think the problem lies within a few things.

Too many offensive players can be bad. Every team needs 3 go to guys in the starting lineup. We have 5. Nash can defer, but on this team should he?

Every team should have two role players that are a defensive stop in the middle and a defensive stop on the perimeter. We have Shaq in the middle who is adequate defensively, but he's getting older and not the stop he use to be. We have zero perimeter D. Shaq can only do so much. This team has no role players other than Hill and Lou. I'm not sure Hill should be a role player. He seems to be the only consistent player we have on both sides of the floor. We need players that play roles of defensive stoppers, rebounders and energy. We have plenty of scorers. We need players to accept their roles and play them to the fullest. EVery team needs a defensive stop, someone to crash the boards and someone that dives on the floor. We have Lou, that's it.

Front line isn't deep enough. Shaq and Amare play too many minutes. Not getting the rooks in there is a mistake. If we get zero from both of them, our starters will have dead legs come playoff time. If we can't get to the playoffs without fresh starters, we're done anyway so what does it matter. Get your rooks in there as much as possible. If the still suck next year, get rid of them. These two rooks were suppose to be our future. How can you tell what moves to make if you don't even give them a chance? They each should get ten min.a game. If you're not going to play them, send them to the D league. NOW.

Why can't the suns pound the ball in low early on in games, then run and gun when Shaq is on the bench? We should play Shaq ball for 28 min. and run and gun with Amare being the focal point for 20. It's not rocket science. Try something different, what they're doing isn't working.;

mamba24 02-03-2009 01:12 PM

Trade Amare for Bosh...Bosh can defend...he can play on the perimeter...and he'd thrive off nash...hes also a great passer...

I think Amare's attitude is getting to the team...they need to get bosh ...its equal value and bosh is a better fit.

Amare is an offensive WMD...but bosh is an all round better player...

drummer44 02-03-2009 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mamba24
Trade Amare for Bosh...Bosh can defend...he can play on the perimeter...and he'd thrive off nash...hes also a great passer...

I think Amare's attitude is getting to the team...they need to get bosh ...its equal value and bosh is a better fit.

Amare is an offensive WMD...but bosh is an all round better player...

I like Bosh, but isn't he injury prone? I'm sure they're looking at it cause Colangelo is in Toronto. Amare also has older knees as well.

That's a huge decision. I wouldn't want to make it.

bassy500 02-04-2009 03:40 AM

nah we dont want bosh, and we sure as hell dont want bosh thriving off nash. because we want nash to be gone with amare. nash is an even worse defender than amare and is far to one dimensional is how he plays. but morely hes way to bigger liability at the perimeter as a defender.

But we dont want bosh either, id rather see them load up on talented draft picks maybe not to the extent okc did but yeh a top 4 draft pik and then few veterans and maybe a player whos an under rated all star would be better than blowing a huge portion of our cap space on bosh

Finn T-Mac 02-05-2009 07:17 AM

The suns should trade STAT for Marion. Barbosa for Bell and get Kurt Thomas back. :applause: And finally get a goddam backup PG