Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Off the Court Lounge (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   iPhone vs G1 phone (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=123847)

kobesabi 03-08-2009 11:34 PM

iPhone vs G1 phone

Anyone here uses either one of these phones? How do you like it so far? What do you like and hate about it?

KeylessEntry 03-09-2009 12:22 AM

Re: iPhone vs G1 phone

I have an iPhone and I love it. My only two complaints are the battery life could be better, and it drops calls far too often. Aside from that its an amazingly awesome phone.

JayGuevara 03-09-2009 12:29 AM

I got a Sprint HTC Pro or some ****, which I think is similar to the two you asked, and the battery on the thing is ****in terrible.

On the plus side, it came preprogrammed with Youtube and Facebook on it, which is obviously a vital part of life that cell phones should have.

Take Your Lumps 03-09-2009 01:38 AM

I got a G1....great phone.

G2's supposed to come out around May though, rumor is that they might do away with the slide out keyboard if that's not your cup of tea.

YAWN 03-09-2009 01:51 AM

i type way too much for these touch screen things so im just sticking with my blackberry.

alot of my friends have both though and i dont hear any complaints from them. i suppose whichever you get you will become accustomed to and like it.

kobesabi 03-09-2009 02:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KeylessEntry
I have an iPhone and I love it. My only two complaints are the battery life could be better, and it drops calls far too often. Aside from that its an amazingly awesome phone.

I heard you have to commit to long contract?

kobesabi 03-09-2009 02:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JayGuevara
I got a Sprint HTC Pro or some ****, which I think is similar to the two you asked, and the battery on the thing is ****in terrible.

On the plus side, it came preprogrammed with Youtube and Facebook on it, which is obviously a vital part of life that cell phones should have.

I currently have HTC Tilt...it is ok. I got it 2 months before G1 came out. I should have waited more. No multi-touch, just plain smartphone w/ GPS. No full browser. No Youtube, facebook. Internet on it sucks over 3G despite the full bars. I have to reset it so many times about every few hour to use any web link on it, it's getting annoying. At least you Pro got something better.

kobesabi 03-09-2009 02:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Take Your Lumps
I got a G1....great phone.

G2's supposed to come out around May though, rumor is that they might do away with the slide out keyboard if that's not your cup of tea.

What do you like alot about it?

NOHCP3 03-09-2009 11:00 AM

love my iphone. Though the iternet connection in some of the applications sucks at school for some reason.. But the apps like maps,wikiamo(the wikipedia app),flixster(movies), google voice app, google earth, the weather channel, and plenty others are cool. Make life kind of easier. The bill goes up slightly because of the internet plan. Unless you already had unlimited media.
Battery life can be a problem if you dont have a car charger, and or you dont carry your laptop with you. It will freeze up every now and then. But I use it in my car to play music. Its a great phone.

HisAirness 03-09-2009 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NOHCP3
love my iphone. Though the iternet connection in some of the applications sucks at school for some reason.. But the apps like maps,wikiamo(the wikipedia app),flixster(movies), google voice app, google earth, the weather channel, and plenty others are cool. Make life kind of easier. The bill goes up slightly because of the internet plan. Unless you already had unlimited media.
Battery life can be a problem if you dont have a car charger, and or you dont carry your laptop with you. It will freeze up every now and then. But I use it in my car to play music. Its a great phone.

Wikiamo is the greatest.

KeylessEntry 03-09-2009 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kobesabi
I heard you have to commit to long contract?

2 years, just like basically every other non-prepaid cell phone service. You also have to buy the internet data package, which costs $40/month in addition to whatever plan for minutes you are using. My bill is like $80 a month for the iPhone.

BallPhunk 03-09-2009 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YAWN
i type way too much for these touch screen things so im just sticking with my blackberry.

alot of my friends have both though and i dont hear any complaints from them. i suppose whichever you get you will become accustomed to and like it.

I had a Blackberry Curve and thought the same thing. Then I made the mistake of trying my girl's iPhone. I had one within a week. The email and browser is so much better, as is the big screen and all the other cool free apps. The NBA live score update that I use everyday is worth it alone. I don't like to type on the thing, but there is a free app that gives you a wide screen keyboard which helps a lot for email. I wouldn't go back to the Curve if you paid me.

The Google G2 is getting rid of the keyboard, which was it's main benefit over the iPhone (was sort of an iPhone with a keyboard).

kobesabi 03-09-2009 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BallPhunk
The Google G2 is getting rid of the keyboard, which was it's main benefit over the iPhone (was sort of an iPhone with a keyboard).

That is a bad idea to loose keyboard. I like its QWERTY keyboard in the G1 just from reading it. It is one of the reason why I'm leaning toward G1...

wang4three 03-09-2009 10:33 PM

I'll get the iPhone once they fix the battery issues.

v-unit 03-09-2009 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YAWN

??

No iPhone for you?