Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Fantasy Basketball Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Dropping Troy Murphy and Adding Chris Wilcox (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12455)

Darsh 10-02-2006 09:31 AM

Dropping Troy Murphy and Adding Chris Wilcox

i think im smart!

should i have any second thoughts? Any info that i dont know that might negate the brilliance of this move?

Hawker 10-02-2006 09:31 AM

NO!!!!

Troy Murphy is one of the most solid double double players out there dont do it!

Darsh 10-02-2006 09:44 AM

True, but wilcox was massive at the end of last year.

had a 20 20 game and came close a few more times. If he carries that form into this season he will be a great addition

PacerRaptor 10-02-2006 09:45 AM

ya man, dont drop Troy Murphy, hes a guarenteed 10 points and 10 rebs a game, atleast. And he'll throw in a few 3 pointers

Silent Mav 10-02-2006 11:13 AM

Is there someone else you can drop and keep both?

thejoyofsobe 10-02-2006 03:17 PM

Don't drop Troy Murphy if you don't have to. But if I were forced to choose, I would take Wilcox this year. I don't think Troy Murphy will be shooting as many threes this year at center, especially after Nelson gave that chucking ultimatum. Wilcox was great at the end of the season and will be the uncontested starter at his position. Plus he's been working on his shot-blocking in the offseason.

Ghost_Delay 10-02-2006 04:35 PM

I picked up Wilcox this year, there is not a single other big on the Sonics that can average over 7 points a game, so he'll be the first option whenever they pass it inside + he gets to live off Allen & Lewis misses.
As for Murphy, I doubt how much energy he'll have left after fighting off opposing centers all the time and having to run with Davis & Richardson.
It's your bet, are you feeling lucky?

Darsh 10-02-2006 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ghost_Delay
It's your bet, are you feeling lucky?

im feeling VERY lucky

AIR SETH 10-02-2006 09:16 PM

Don't Drop Murphy!!! It Is A Mistake!!! Drop Someone Else!!!

GoDuke 10-03-2006 05:01 AM

there has to be somebody else you can drop for Wilcox, unless it's a very shallow league... Wilcox has more value/upside/potential right now, but Murphy's is an underrated double-double machine...

J-Smoooth 10-03-2006 08:12 PM

Not Unless wilcox starts shooting the 3...tmurph is a Center come 20 games in

MoBSTa_69 10-07-2006 08:58 PM

Troy

Well I like the Name Troy, Going into Battle with me, Read a few Books, and if troy plays Center and don't shoot 3's that will be just fine with me, cause he will be the best Center in the league at FT% and the kid can play with his back to the basket, he is young and I see his numbers rising this year, I believe they will use him outside as Much as Okur and Gasol play's. As for wilcox he made a statement, But I'll take a 10-10 80% Center all day. I can't wait to see PF-C Beside his name in Fantasy.