Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   NBA Draft Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Tyreke Evans declares for draft (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=126582)

Posterize246 03-31-2009 10:19 PM

Tyreke Evans declares for draft

I've been saying since last summer that he would go "one-and-done" because he himself admitted that's all he wanted to do. Surely not a surprise, especially after Calipari left.

InspiredLebowski 03-31-2009 10:31 PM

Re: Tyreke Evans declares for draft

Easy top 5? Would love for Indy to nab him.

Da Ballahollic 03-31-2009 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
Easy top 5? Would love for Indy to nab him.

Easy top 5? no way

monthh 04-01-2009 12:15 AM

I really think Evans stock is going to continue to move up. What is not to like about him right now? No one is going to plan for him to play the point, but he has that experience that will make him that much more dangerous in the NBA. I would take this guy in the top 5, but I think more likely he is in the 10-20 range. I would have said at the start of the season when I saw him that he had the talent and natural ability to be a good NBA player, but he used athleticism more than his head. By the end of the season, he was not as heady as a PG that has always played the position, but you could tell he understood the game so much better.

bdreason 04-01-2009 01:26 AM

Good move.

He'll go top 10, this draft class is weak sauce.

1manfastbreak 04-03-2009 07:45 PM

he needs work on his jumper.

he was way to streaky this year.

idizzle 04-03-2009 07:50 PM

He reminds me of D-Wade in a way. He didnt have much of a jumpshot and look at him now.

He going to be okay. I hope he goes to the Bobcats or Bulls.

Da KO King 04-04-2009 10:06 AM

Major mistake on Evans part. He will be exposed during workouts.

NY-Knicks 04-05-2009 04:20 PM

knicks should pick him if they dont get a high pick.

Undisputed 04-05-2009 11:33 PM

Tyreke seems like he could really be something in the NBA. Definitely lottery worthy. If he's not selected in the lottery, he'll be a steal.

Da KO King 04-11-2009 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Undisputed
Tyreke seems like he could really be something in the NBA. Definitely lottery worthy. If he's not selected in the lottery, he'll be a steal.

Based on what exactly? What about Evans impresses you?

IlliniFan 04-11-2009 01:25 PM

I've said this before, but I'm not a fan of Evans. I don't think he is going to be a star in the NBA. Seems like a 6th man type to me. Major bust potential if drafted in the top 10.

Blackeagle 04-11-2009 04:34 PM

If he improves his shooting, he could be a star. He's got a great touch when finishing around the basket, good handle, plays good defense, is very athletic... the only thing he is missing is a consistant 3 point shot.

Rekindled 04-11-2009 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NY-Knicks
knicks should pick him if they dont get a high pick.

why, he is a horrible shooter, which is the last thing the knicks want.

Da KO King 04-12-2009 01:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blackeagle
If he improves his shooting, he could be a star. He's got a great touch when finishing around the basket, good handle, plays good defense, is very athletic... the only thing he is missing is a consistant 3 point shot.

Evans athleticism will not be much than above average at the NBA level. Hell, it was only above average for Conference USA.