Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Off the Court Lounge (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Gettting your permit (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=128796)

Brujesino 04-18-2009 07:04 PM

Gettting your permit

how old were you when you got your permit?

iam 22 years old i still dont even have it :lol

mostly cuz i have no intrest in driving i walk everywhere i go i live in a small town so everything is close work,grocery,walmart,

but iam gonna try and get it cuz everytime i go out with my freinds they constantly give me crap so iam just gonna go out and get it just to shut them up

Killbot 04-18-2009 07:09 PM

Re: Gettting your permit

Uh...I think I got mine at 16, but my permit has already expired. :lol
I don't plan on driving anytime soon.

Oh yeah, if you get your permit....you are not allowed to drive with your friends until after 6 months (I think).
You'll see what I mean once you get it.

i seen hippos 04-18-2009 07:10 PM

I actually put it off for 8 months after I turned 16. But I got my G2 (whatever you call your second liscence over there. Three tier system in Ontario). right away after the 8 month waiting period between G1 and G2.

Had it for 4 years. My expirey date came up outta nowhere and had to get a 2 day extension to be able to take my G test. Failed it and my temporary expired.

Had to redo my G1 a couple weeks later. Luckily there's no 8 month wait the second time around. Got my G2 a week after that (this was in January).

Now will get my G test over with in the summer instead of waiting another 5 years. lol

1~Gibson~1 04-18-2009 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brujesino

mostly cuz i have no intrest in driving i walk everywhere i go i live in a small town so everything is close work,grocery,walmart,

but iam gonna try and get it cuz everytime i go out with my freinds they constantly give me crap so iam just gonna go out and get it just to shut them up

in alabama u gotta be 15 but it varies for different states

ElPigto 04-18-2009 07:18 PM

I got mine when I was 16.

nbastatus 04-18-2009 07:19 PM

Quote:

wow. what a life =O
i got my permit when i was 17 (this year) because this city require a car for transportation.
when i used to live in seattle, i can pretty much ride the bus to everywhere.

vapid 04-18-2009 07:34 PM

I started going to a boarding school at 16 near London so I didn't get my permit (and in a couple months, my license) until I was 18.

crounsa810 04-18-2009 07:35 PM

I want mine. I can't get it though :rant

pete's montreux 04-18-2009 07:37 PM

I got it when I was 18. Like the OP, I lived in a small town, had a couple friends with vehicles so I was in no rush. Plus, I didn't have the $ for one at 16. After 18 in Massachusetts, you don't have to go to driving school, so I just took a couple lessons and passed the test with ease.

I had never driven a car in my life, and after 10 minutes behind the wheel my instructor just threw up his hands and said, "you can take the test next week if you want, you can drive." I was like WTF? Then realized he never even spoke a word to me after he said start the car, I just started driving like I had been for years. :confusedshrug: Weird. I think it was all the racing video games when I was a kid.

I took one more lesson and then took the test and passed.

Brujesino 04-18-2009 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crounsa810
I want mine. I can't get it though :rant

your mom wont let you do that either?no offense

crounsa810 04-18-2009 07:38 PM

Quote:

your mom wont let you do that either?no offense

No thats actually right lol.

Yes, pitiful, i know.

Brujesino 04-18-2009 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crounsa810
No thats actually right lol.

Yes, pitiful, i know.

:wtf:

your mom is crazy

IlliniFan 04-18-2009 07:44 PM

Permit at 15 or 16. Had my license at 17. I don't see why you would wait to get it. Who cares if you're in no rush to drive (which is weird if you ask me) you should still know how to drive and get a license.

Attila 04-18-2009 07:45 PM

Permit at 15. License at 16.

crounsa810 04-18-2009 07:48 PM

Quote:

:wtf:

your mom is crazy

Yep