Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Denver Nuggets Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   May 13: Mavericks at Nuggets Game 5 (Round 2) (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=131584)

insidehoops 05-13-2009 05:46 AM

May 13: Mavericks at Nuggets Game 5 (Round 2)

Coming into this game Denver leads 3 games to 1. Mavs have to win or they're eliminated. Discuss the game!

Dallas at Denver, 9 p.m. ET
-- The AP reports: The Denver Nuggets returned from Dallas with a bad taste in their mouths and it had nothing to do with Chris “Birdman” Andersen’s nasty case of food poisoning. Andersen said between bites of mashed potatoes Tuesday that he’s recovered from his sour stomach that kept him out of the Nuggets’ 119-117 loss to the Mavericks the previous night... They’re upset with the way their families and friends were treated Monday night at American Airlines Center, where fans hurled insults at Kenyon Martin’s(notes) girlfriend, rap star Trina, and where Carmelo Anthony’s(notes) girlfriend, LaLa Vazquez of MTV fame, was removed from her seat by security guards for her safety.

Micku 05-13-2009 05:48 AM

Re: May 13: Mavericks at Nuggets Game 5 (Round 2)

This series has been a drama show lately.

Silverbullit 05-13-2009 05:52 AM

It's the 100st Maverick's playoff game in Dirk era (record: 47-52), I except to celebrate it the right way. :D

If the Mavs somehow squeeze out a win this series could easily go to 7.

I know, most Nuggets fans have checked this series, perhaps the players have too.

Dirk will see more double teams than in the first games, I hope his supporting cast will step up.

w00terz 05-13-2009 05:57 AM

I'm glad Bird will be playing in this game. Let's go Denver.

OneMoreSucka 05-13-2009 12:17 PM

Nuggets by 29. I feel sorry for the Mavs, they're going to be playing a very angry Nuggets team.

Silverbullit 05-13-2009 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OneMoreSucka
Nuggets by 29. I feel sorry for the Mavs, they're going to be playing a very angry Nuggets team.

Angry doesn't necessarily mean good/sucessful.

Matthew87 05-13-2009 12:55 PM

Feel sorry fro Mave They must win this game , otherwise they will elimated Dirk got 44 i last round ,Don't know whether he can played as the last game Difficult to say.

OneMoreSucka 05-13-2009 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silverbullit
Angry doesn't necessarily mean good/sucessful.

Ask the Hornets how they did after they beat the Nuggets.

NuggetsFan 05-13-2009 02:26 PM

Really hope Nuggets can close the series out tonight. Hopefully all the drama hasn't hurt there focus and motivated them.

I'm feeling confident, hopefully Dirk doesn't go off like usual.

Younggrease 05-13-2009 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silverbullit
It's the 100st Maverick's playoff game in Dirk era (record: 47-52), I except to celebrate it the right way. :D

If the Mavs somehow squeeze out a win this series could easily go to 7.

I know, most Nuggets fans have checked this series, perhaps the players have too.

Dirk will see more double teams than in the first games, I hope his supporting cast will step up.

I agree with this...the Nuggets are a team that can easily collapse.

Mile High Crew 05-13-2009 05:12 PM

It's gonna be a blowout, with Birdman back and the whole team is energized to get back at the Mavs for what they have done to their family.

No more easy layups for JJ Barea now that the Birdman is back!

Go Nuggets!

D-Rose 05-13-2009 06:03 PM

hope denver blows em out.

MeloMike 05-13-2009 07:53 PM

Missed last game and just got home, but I caught the highlights. Looked like we led most of the way till the end and Dirk hit alot of shots. Gotta give props to Dallas. I hope Melo goes for 40+ again and Denver gets the game 5 win. I fully expect us to close it out tonight. If not, I will be scared. This is the game you need to win, otherwise you gotta go back...then...if you dont win that, you got game 7. Lets just end it now. Birdman back will help alot.

I hope the fans come out pissed off along with the team after the stuff that went on in Dallas involving the player's family members.

bagelred 05-13-2009 08:34 PM

Does anyone else think it would be awesome if Mavericks win this series? Kenyon Martin would probably go thug wild.

w00terz 05-13-2009 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bagelred
Does anyone else think it would be awesome if Mavericks win this series? Kenyon Martin would probably go thug wild.

Does anyone else think it would be awesome if you stopped posting? ISH would probably go troll free.