Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   NBA Draft Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Where did you watch the 03 lottery, a nite that forever changed NBA history (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=132327)

TheBynumProject 05-19-2009 09:05 PM

Where did you watch the 03 lottery, a nite that forever changed NBA history
 
Where were you when Cleveland won the 2003 lottery? Who were you rooting for to win it? How did you feel watching Jerry West as the envelope containing the #2 pick was being opened? If you recall, the Grizz had to give their pick to Detroit UNLESS it was the #1 overall pick. This meant that West was either going to get LeBron James or he was going to get nothing. LeBron or NOTHING. Im suprised West didnt have a heart attack. How did you react when the envelpe with Detroit's logo was revealed, meaning that Cleveland had won the top pick? What were your emotions, your reactions? Did you realize at the time how significant an event that was?

For the record, I watched it in my friend's basement, while eating Domino's thin crust pizza. I was rooting for Denver to win.

Sriracha 05-19-2009 09:06 PM

Re: Where did you watch the 03 lottery, a nite that forever changed NBA history
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheBynumProject
Where were you when Cleveland won the 2003 lottery? Who were you rooting for to win it? How did you feel watching Jerry West as the envelope containing the #2 pick was being opened? If you recall, the Grizz had to give their pick to Detroit UNLESS it was the #1 overall pick. This meant that West was either going to get LeBron James or he was going to get nothing. LeBron or NOTHING. Im suprised West didnt have a heart attack. How did you react when the envelpe with Detroit's logo was revealed, meaning that Cleveland had won the top pick? What were your emotions, your reactions? Did you realize at the time how significant an event that was?

For the record, I watched it in my friend's basement, eating Domino's thin crust pizza. I was rooting for Denver to win.


If the Grizzlies won Lebron, he would be on the Lakers with Kobe Bryant by now.

Zak 05-19-2009 09:10 PM

Re: Where did you watch the 03 lottery, a nite that forever changed NBA history
 
i was 9 at the time, didn't watch it lol.

TheBynumProject 05-19-2009 09:11 PM

Re: Where did you watch the 03 lottery, a nite that forever changed NBA history
 
I also remember that the hype around Bron was so great that instead of ESPN, the lottery was actually live on ABC that year in prime time.

Rake2204 05-19-2009 09:44 PM

Re: Where did you watch the 03 lottery, a nite that forever changed NBA history
 
Upon seeing Detroit gaining the number two pick, I high fived my friend on the couch as we knew Darko Milicic would be the piece of the puzzle to lift the Pistons past the Eastern Conference Finals.

Hotshoot 05-19-2009 09:51 PM

Re: Where did you watch the 03 lottery, a nite that forever changed NBA history
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rake2204
Upon seeing Detroit gaining the number two pick, I high fived my friend on the couch as we knew Darko Milicic would be the piece of the puzzle to lift the Pistons past the Eastern Conference Finals.

If only if they had traded down and picked up Wade

NastaMaverick 05-19-2009 09:58 PM

Re: Where did you watch the 03 lottery, a nite that forever changed NBA history
 
I was 10 at the time. I dont remember the lottery, but I remember the draft when LeBron got drafted. I remember explaining to my friend who was in 2nd grade at the time that he was gonna be the next Kobe lol. His reponse? "I thought Kobe already played in the NBA." weird I remember that, this thread triggered the memory.

Rake2204 05-19-2009 10:06 PM

Re: Where did you watch the 03 lottery, a nite that forever changed NBA history
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hotshoot
If only if they had traded down and picked up Wade


The sad truth is, at that time, I wasn't even giving Dwyane, Bosh, or Anthony a look at the 2nd pick for Detroit. It was Darko all the way. LeBron surely dominated the majority of the hype, but nestled a safe distance behind was this guy every media outlet seemed to be hailing as a 7'1'' Dirk Nowitski with post moves and a mean streak. I bought into it 100%.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:15 AM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy