Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Charlotte Hornets Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Conference playoffs (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=133329)

onewickedlady 05-27-2009 05:24 PM

Conference playoffs

Isn't anyone following Cavs v. Magic and Lakers v. Nuggets? The games have really been exciting. For the record I predict either Magic v. Nuggets or Magic v. Lakers for the finals though I would love to see Kobe take a long, very long, vacation. I have absolutely fallen in love with Rafer Alston and Rashad(sp?) Lewis.

TarCat 05-27-2009 08:14 PM

Re: Conference playoffs

Quote:

Originally Posted by onewickedlady
Isn't anyone following Cavs v. Magic and Lakers v. Nuggets? The games have really been exciting. For the record I predict either Magic v. Nuggets or Magic v. Lakers for the finals though I would love to see Kobe take a long, very long, vacation. I have absolutely fallen in love with Rafer Alston and Rashad(sp?) Lewis.

I am watching the games. I agree with you regarding Kobe. I would love for the Nuggets to win it all.

~spectre~ 05-27-2009 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TarCat
I would love for the Nuggets to win it all.

:cheers:

I love Chauncey Billups and I've always had a soft spot for Melo.

Timmeh 05-27-2009 11:40 PM

I'm glad the refs have grown a pair and have given Kobe a few tech's for his *****ing. He needs to learn to shut up and play.

I either want it to be Lakers/Cavs, or Nuggets/Magic. And I know the NBA doesn't want the latter.

onewickedlady 05-28-2009 12:12 AM

The Nuggets were outplayed tonight. They just weren't aggressive enough. I think that they'll be eliminated.
Timmeh--why do you say that the NBA doesn't want a Magic/Nugget Finals? Is it because there won't be enough money made from that pairing vs the money to be made with a Cavs/Lakers pairing?

Talent 05-28-2009 01:38 AM

Cavs look lost, the Nuggets look to be starstruck in LA.

Timmeh 05-28-2009 03:23 PM

Exactly, plus the ratings wouldn't be there. Casual sports fans want to see Lebron vs. Kobe. And you can't say Chauncey/Carmelo vs. Dwight sounds so much more exciting.

I don't want the Lakers to make it, but it seems that they will.

rufuspaul 05-28-2009 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Timmeh
Exactly, plus the ratings wouldn't be there. Casual sports fans want to see Lebron vs. Kobe. And you can't say Chauncey/Carmelo vs. Dwight sounds so much more exciting.

I don't want the Lakers to make it, but it seems that they will.

The Nuggets could knock off the Lakers if they just had a few more tatoos.

Timmeh 05-30-2009 12:50 PM

With Kenyon Martin and Chris Anderson on one team, you've got enough ink for the whole league. I guess if Dennis Rodman came out of retirement then they would've won.

~spectre~ 05-30-2009 12:51 PM

Don't forget JR Smith.

Eh...probably destined for Kobe vs. Lebron.

onewickedlady 05-30-2009 11:45 PM

Well, I definitely believe that MJ and LB should model the Bobcats after the Magic. What a phenomenal group of players that whooped LBJ tonight.

:party:

TarHeelBorn 05-31-2009 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by onewickedlady
Well, I definitely believe that MJ and LB should model the Bobcats after the Magic. What a phenomenal group of players that whooped LBJ tonight.

:party:

Heck no. The reason the Magic work is b/c they have the most dominant, athletic big man in the game today. That's the only reason they can live by the jump shot.

Timmeh 05-31-2009 03:50 PM

If we model our team after anyone, it should be the Nuggets sans the ink and gangster attitudes.

Look at it like this:
We need a good, veteran PG a la Chauncey Billups, with a veteran backup.
We need a good shooting guard, which we have in Raja Bell, just slightly less athletic than JR Smith.
We have our star SF in Gerald Wallace, just like Carmelo Anthony, just without that game-changing ability.
We have a great PF in Diaw/Okafor, with more offense than Kenyon Martin or Chris Anderson.
However, we lack a good center, with aggresive offensive and defensive skills, such as Nene.

onewickedlady 05-31-2009 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Timmeh
If we model our team after anyone, it should be the Nuggets sans the ink and gangster attitudes.

Look at it like this:
We need a good, veteran PG a la Chauncey Billups, with a veteran backup.
We need a good shooting guard, which we have in Raja Bell, just slightly less athletic than JR Smith.
We have our star SF in Gerald Wallace, just like Carmelo Anthony, just without that game-changing ability.
We have a great PF in Diaw/Okafor, with more offense than Kenyon Martin or Chris Anderson.
However, we lack a good center, with aggresive offensive and defensive skills, such as Nene.

I can see your points, but I also think that the Cats would benefit with players like Rafer Alston and Birdman and I think that we need Okafor to be more like Dwight Howard or we need to trade Okafor. We can't settle for players less gifted and consistent than the better Nuggets and Magic players or we won't get anywhere. (I do agree that C is our weakest link).

rufuspaul 05-31-2009 09:52 PM

I have thought all year that Orlando was the best team in the East. They just have too many weapons around a superstar like Dwight Howard. Cleveland comes in a close second. I hope the Magic can give Kobe and Co. a run for their money.