Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Oklahoma City Thunder Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Oklahoma City Thunder signs Kevin Ollie (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=141928)

RocketGreatness 08-01-2009 04:39 PM

Oklahoma City Thunder signs Kevin Ollie
 
http://www.newsok.com/oklahoma-city-...dline_nba-news
Quote:

The Thunder has signed veteran point guard Kevin Ollie.

Terms of the deal are unclear, but the contract likely is a one-year deal for the 36-year-old journeyman. The veteran’s minimum in 2009-10 for a player with 10-plus years of experience is $1,306,455.

“We are excited to welcome Kevin Ollie to Oklahoma City,” said Thunder general manager Sam Presti through a statement. “He brings experience, leadership and professionalism to our team as we continue to develop our roster on and off the floor.”

I agree, I hope he does well and teaches one of my favorite PGs Russell Westbrook something.

(EDITED: Do not post full articles. Just a brief portion of an article.)

sixerfan3511 08-01-2009 05:00 PM

Re: Oklahoma City Thunder signs Kevin Ollie
 
Good signing. He's a capable 3rd point guard and is a great locker room guy. He's been a big time journeyman for his career, but he's carved out a nice one for himself. Good for him.

RocketGreatness 08-01-2009 05:18 PM

Re: Oklahoma City Thunder signs Kevin Ollie
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by sixerfan3511
Good signing. He's a capable 3rd point guard and is a great locker room guy. He's been a big time journeyman for his career, but he's carved out a nice one for himself. Good for him.

I agree, I hope he does well and teaches one of my favorite PGs Russell Westbrook something.

Big One 08-01-2009 05:49 PM

Re: Oklahoma City Thunder signs Kevin Ollie
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by RocketGreatness
I agree, I hope he does well and teaches one of my favorite PGs Russell Westbrook something.


:oldlol: who'd wana learn from this scrub?

whats he gona teach westbrook? best way to warm the last seat on the bench?:banana:

insidehoops 08-01-2009 05:56 PM

Re: Oklahoma City Thunder signs Kevin Ollie
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Big One
:oldlol: who'd wana learn from this scrub?

whats he gona teach westbrook? best way to warm the last seat on the bench?:banana:


He's a veteran. He probably knows a thing or two, even if he wasn't particularly good at it himself.

RocketGreatness 08-01-2009 05:57 PM

Re: Oklahoma City Thunder signs Kevin Ollie
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by insidehoops
He's a veteran. He probably knows a thing or two, even if he wasn't particularly good at it himself.

Yes, he's also had Playoff experience when he played in the 76ers alongside Allen Iverson. Thunder have enough talent to make the playoffs with Kevin Durant, Jeff Green and Russell Westbrook. They'll need more big bodies, but in a few years they'll be contenders. Plus, I believe Ollie is actually a solid defender and could teach Russ a few things.

Posterize246 08-01-2009 06:34 PM

Re: Oklahoma City Thunder signs Kevin Ollie
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Big One
:oldlol: who'd wana learn from this scrub?

whats he gona teach westbrook? best way to warm the last seat on the bench?:banana:

Shooting and athletic ability held KO back from having a great career. But one of the worst parts about Westbrook's game is his turnovers, and KO is great at limiting turnovers and running an offense. He's a decent defender too, he's got a career in coaching ahead of him. He'll basically serve as a player/coach in OKC.

Lamar Doom 08-01-2009 06:34 PM

Re: Oklahoma City Thunder signs Kevin Ollie
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by RocketGreatness
Thunder have enough talent to make the playoffs with Kevin Durant, Jeff Green and Russell Westbrook.



I like the Thunder quite a bit, they were one of my favorite league pass teams to watch this season, but that's a stretch.

InspiredLebowski 08-01-2009 07:53 PM

Re: Oklahoma City Thunder signs Kevin Ollie
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Posterize246
Shooting and athletic ability held KO back from having a great career. But one of the worst parts about Westbrook's game is his turnovers, and KO is great at limiting turnovers and running an offense. He's a decent defender too, he's got a career in coaching ahead of him. He'll basically serve as a player/coach in OKC.


Agreed with all that. Really liked him in his short Indy stint.

Lamar Doom 03-14-2010 01:21 AM

Re: Oklahoma City Thunder signs Kevin Ollie
 
Re: I think the thunder could make the playoffs

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lamar Doom
I like the Thunder quite a bit, they were one of my favorite league pass teams to watch this season, but that's a stretch.



I'm a dumb ass.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:27 AM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy