Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Washington Wizards Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   Randy Foye and Mike Miller are a nice combo off a bench (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=143488)

insidehoops 08-14-2009 06:49 PM

Randy Foye and Mike Miller are a nice combo off a bench

I wonder if Miller can recover and be the player he was a few years ago, though. He sure got quiet recently.

And Foye had a bit of a breakout year, though it was on an empty, losing team

Agent_Zero 08-14-2009 06:58 PM

Re: Randy Foye and Mike Miller are a nice combo off a bench

Miller's a good shooter but I don't really see him in the longterm plan, if we even have one. He's an expiring contract as well so we'll see how we does. If anything, he will cover up the offense if Gil goes down.

I have a lot of faith in Foye, he reminds of me a really poor man's Wade, which is still something. He can play both the 1 and the 2 which is always good.

Cggamer12 08-15-2009 06:40 PM

Foye had his moments, where he looked to be Superstar potential. Other times, he just played a bit average.

If he becomes consistent, it was a heck of a pick up for the Wiz.

GiveItToBurrito 09-07-2009 07:25 PM

I think that Miller will be fine, and the team will really be able to use his hustle. The funny thing is, playing on the 2009/2010 Wizards, he won't even need to be that much of a scorer, since there are a half dozen other guys on the team who can create a shot, so it'll be good for them to have a willing passer and another good rebounder on the perimeter. Also, his length should mesh well with Flip's match up zone.

Foye is a lot more interesting, especially if we keep him beyond this year. I could see him filling almost a Delonte West-type role on the Wizards, as a tough perimeter player who can do a bit of everything while not trying to do too much. I don't really know which guard position he'll spend more time at, since Javaris Crittenton and Nick Young are both looking solid. It's weird, too, that we could conceivably bring another team's starting backcourt off the bench for us.

AmoebaD 09-28-2009 03:23 AM

tell me more, tell me more, all omniscient, omnipotent god(s) of ISH!

Agent_Zero 09-28-2009 01:10 PM

yeaaaaaaah burrito and I are pretty much the shit

QuebecBaller 01-30-2010 11:23 PM

I just saw that Mike Miller lost his long hair... when did he cut them off?