Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Golden State Warriors Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Jax fined for trade request (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=146909)

jbot 09-16-2009 02:59 PM

Jax fined for trade request

man, talk about the league being money hungry. dude gets fined for requesting a trade. i guess there's worse things to get fined for and he knows it.

from nba.com:

http://www.nba.com/2009/news/09/15/j...ine/index.html

Brujesino 09-16-2009 09:16 PM

Re: Jax fined for trade request

well iam glad it was the league and not the warrios that would have made us look even worse

hope he stays here though and we win some games to satisfy him

coachhzl 09-16-2009 09:27 PM

I don't think he'll be satisfied... and I feel for the Warriors on this one... they had no choice but to "support" him..

Everyone loved the 2007 Warriors... it's a shame what's happened since.

I think the main reason he got fined was because he mentioned potential teams to go to... (like Cleveland etc.). No one else in recent memory has done that.

www.twosidesofthehoop.com

jbot 09-16-2009 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coachhzl
I don't think he'll be satisfied... and I feel for the Warriors on this one... they had no choice but to "support" him..

Everyone loved the 2007 Warriors... it's a shame what's happened since.

I think the main reason he got fined was because he mentioned potential teams to go to... (like Cleveland etc.). No one else in recent memory has done that.

yeah, i can see that then. i'd like to see him stay since i've liked him since his Spurs days (basically coming out of nowhere and being a contributor on a great team). i also enjoyed him as a Pacer but i'm not sure he'll stick around w/ his current frame of mind. it can't help team morale any.

coachhzl 09-16-2009 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbot
i'm not sure he'll stick around w/ his current frame of mind. it can't help team morale any.

I couldn't agree more unfortunately...

I think he definitely wants out and the $25k? Well, he'd be happy to pay that to get the leverage he's now got over the Warriors to move him.. eventually.

It's sad in this day and age that players get to decide what a franchise does from a personnel standpoint. Because ultimately, imho, the Warriors will get 75c on the dollar for him if this drags on...

I just think back to all of those yellow shirts in Oakland in that series against the Mavs and then the Jazz in '07. It's a shame..

ZeN 09-17-2009 06:54 AM

wow this is surprising.. i hadnt heard about this fine..

I hope he gets an exit to another team.. maybe a new location will revive his moxy

bdreason 09-17-2009 01:28 PM

Requesting a trade publicly only lowers your value and makes it harder for the team to trade you.

Of course, I wouldn't expect someone like SJax to understand basic logic.

Undisputed 09-17-2009 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bdreason
Requesting a trade publicly only lowers your value and makes it harder for the team to trade you.

Of course, I wouldn't expect someone like SJax to understand basic logic.

Could've been a last resort for him. Maybe it was talked about internally and was shot down somehow.

coachhzl 09-17-2009 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Undisputed
Could've been a last resort for him. Maybe it was talked about internally and was shot down somehow.

I've been thinking this myself actually...

I guess we will never really know what happens behind closed doors.

Great talent... but not a "leader" imho.

El Kabong 09-18-2009 09:54 AM

Quote:

I've been thinking this myself actually...

I guess we will never really know what happens behind closed doors.

Great talent... but not a "leader" imho.

Isn't he a Captain on the Warriors?

ihatetimthomas 09-18-2009 03:42 PM

Quote:

The fact that he came out and said who he wants to play for really kills any type of leverage the Warriors had. Now teams that would have considered him really wont want to try to acquire a guy who doesn't want to be there. Its the worst thing you can do for yourself and your team. When you let it be known who you want to play for, the ball is no longer in your court

crisoner 09-29-2009 01:45 AM

Captain Jack backed up what he said today and even stated he doesn't understand why Kobe didn't get fined a couple years ago.
I also think if he didn't mention the Cavs and other specific teams he wouldn't of got the fine.

I'm real disappointed in the dude....but really all this fall out crap has much to do with the Warriors front office. Horrible.

Brujesino 09-29-2009 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crisoner
Captain Jack backed up what he said today and even stated he doesn't understand why Kobe didn't get fined a couple years ago.
I also think if he didn't mention the Cavs and other specific teams he wouldn't of got the fine.

I'm real disappointed in the dude....but really all this fall out crap has much to do with the Warriors front office. Horrible.

iam pretty sure he will be traded by the trade deadline

but what he said is true kobe goes on and crys for a whole offseason about wanting to get traded,while jack said it once and very calmly and gets fined :hammerhead:

i agree front office is horrible,they have been saying monta and curry can play together and that everyone is on the same page then monta comes out and says that he doesnt want to play with him cuz thats not how to win games

for once i agree with monta