Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Memphis Grizzlies Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   What A Worthless Team (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=151967)

Interminator 11-03-2009 02:02 PM

What A Worthless Team

Maybe its just the first 4 games, but this is really the most worthless Grizzlies team I have ever seen.

They are playing exactly like I thought they would on offense with OJ, Rudy, and ZBO only looking to score the ball and taking bad shots in the process while playing almost no defense.

Why is DeMarre Carroll even receiving 20+ MPG? He flat out sucks on offense, but hes been given an opportunity to take shots.

Hasheem Thabeet is horrible, Me & Kebab agree 100% on that and have agreed on it for awhile.

Marc Gasol is having a great season so far, and I once again see no reason for us drafting Thabeet.

I was wrong about 30 wins this season, another 20-25 win season is on the horizon as we score a lot of points but give up even more.

gasolina 11-03-2009 05:44 PM

Re: What A Worthless Team

The Thabeet pick look like a real bust. We couldn't be worse off with picking Rubio. At least we won't be baying him.

Let's see, who's gonna drop their season high against the grizz next? Hamilton, Bosh, Melo, K-Mart.. who's next?

Interminator 11-03-2009 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gasolina
The Thabeet pick look like a real bust. We couldn't be worse off with picking Rubio. At least we won't be baying him.

Let's see, who's gonna drop their season high against the grizz next? Hamilton, Bosh, Melo, K-Mart.. who's next?

Anyone can.

This is the worst Grizzlies team I've ever seen, and thats sad to say because we have talented players. Probably 4 of the Top 50 players in the NBA.

None of them play defense, Rudy has absolutely no heart, ZBO plays no defense, Iverson has no more opportunities elsewhere, and OJ loses focus when we aren't winning.

I wish we had traded Rudy to Phoenix for Amare, and drafted James Harden at #2.

derf 11-03-2009 09:47 PM

thabeet = science experiment i love gasol s game if zbo can put some effort on defense he will be fine same for oj conley looks a lot better this year and i like rudy but he wants mj money but hes a pippen type player.iverson is not the right veteran for this team i still think he will never want to come off the bench or be happy being a point guard.hollins has to get these guys not caring about stats but about winning.If iverson starts to complain cut the loses and send him home.

BALLin01 11-04-2009 11:04 PM

Well it hasn't looked good so far. Hopefully Iverson can learn to accept the bench role and get more minutes. The Starting line up looks good, but our bench is just atrocious.

gasolina 11-05-2009 09:06 AM

Did anybody get to see last night's game?

As usual we come out guns ablazing in the 1st quarter only to fall flat in the next 3. Iverson should take over as starting PG next game.

Among all of them, he was the only one who showed that he is willing to pass the ball

derf 11-05-2009 12:14 PM

offense not the problem we are terrible on defense

JerzeyBlaze 11-05-2009 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Interminator
I wish we had traded Rudy to Phoenix for Amare, and drafted James Harden at #2.

Send Gay to NJ, well glady take em over there cause he have no scoring.

Interminator 11-05-2009 05:21 PM

Quote:

Did anybody get to see last night's game?

As usual we come out guns ablazing in the 1st quarter only to fall flat in the next 3. Iverson should take over as starting PG next game.

Among all of them, he was the only one who showed that he is willing to pass the ball

Its so pathetic watching these games.

We literally play no defense. We could beat a college basketball team, but we'd still allow at least 110 points.

jailer 11-05-2009 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Interminator
Its so pathetic watching these games.

We literally play no defense. We could beat a college basketball team, but we'd still allow at least 110 points.

I understand your frustration, I feel it too. But there is no reason for this negative thread. What good is it to have a thread with all this bashing. Its still early in the year. They will figure how to win keep faith.

Interminator 11-08-2009 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jailer
I understand your frustration, I feel it too. But there is no reason for this negative thread. What good is it to have a thread with all this bashing. Its still early in the year. They will figure how to win keep faith.

Nah.

I can't understand why these guys have no heart and play no defense, we need a new coach IMO.

gasolina 11-08-2009 03:07 PM

I just don't get it with this team. THe Pistons learned their defense with Carlisle and kept it with LB. The Rockets learned their defense with JVG and kept it with Adelman.

As awful our team was on the offensive end last year, we were a pretty good and scrappy defensive team. WHy none of it translate this year boggles me.

jailer 11-09-2009 03:12 PM

Quote:

I just don't get it with this team. THe Pistons learned their defense with Carlisle and kept it with LB. The Rockets learned their defense with JVG and kept it with Adelman.

As awful our team was on the offensive end last year, we were a pretty good and scrappy defensive team. WHy none of it translate this year boggles me.

Only six players from last years team are on this current team. PLus were playing three rookies as our key players off the bench

SoCalMike 11-10-2009 12:33 AM

Quote:

The Thabeet pick look like a real bust.

Bigs take the longest to develop... its wayyyyy too premature to say he's a bust.

There is talk of bringing in Kareem to work with the Memphis bigs.. and that could help in their development.

:pimp:

gasolina 11-10-2009 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jailer
Only six players from last years team are on this current team. PLus were playing three rookies as our key players off the bench

But of those 6 players, 4 of them play like 32+ mpg. Btw where the hell is Darrell Arthur?