Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   NBA Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Kings sign Ime Udoka (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=152185)

insidehoops 11-04-2009 06:08 PM

Kings sign Ime Udoka

The Sacramento Kings today signed guard-forward Ime Udoka to a contract, it was announced by Kings’ President of Basketball Operations Geoff Petrie. Per team policy, terms of the deal were not disclosed. “We’re excited about the addition of Ime to the Kings,” Petrie said. “He is experienced, a tough defender and has the ability to help space the floor at the offensive end.” InsideHoops.com

QuebecBaller 11-04-2009 06:32 PM

Re: Kings sign Ime Udoka

Udoka is a small foward right?

So Nocioni, Mason, Green, Casspi and Garcia (when he'll come back) wasn't enought SF for this team? Udoka can do good thing on the court, but I don't think he will have enough playing time to show it. And did he bring something better than the other SF?

insidehoops 11-04-2009 06:52 PM

He's the height of a SG but with the weight/strength of a SF

G-train 11-04-2009 07:07 PM

There was a rumour that Westphal doesn't like Nocioni as a player offensively - that he tries to do too much. Which is why he said preseason that Mason would start.

I won't be surprised if Udoka takes alot of Noc's minutes, as he keeps it simple, he will play off Martin/Evans/Thompson, play hard defensively and will hit open shots.

Sometimes Noc jumps in and tries to take over offensively. Udoka will know his place and plays winning bball (Spurs bball really).

If he can play decently, look for Noc to be traded I reckon.

Maga_1 11-04-2009 07:14 PM

i think that Nocioni will play overseas again

qrich 11-04-2009 08:16 PM

Damnit. I was hoping the Clippers would just cut Rush or Ricky Davis and sign Udoka. :hammerhead:

spursdynasty420 11-04-2009 09:07 PM

man ime pissed me the **** off when he was with the spurs. hes an above average defender I guess but he cant hit his shots when hes open and he cant really do anything else. hopefully he fits in with the kings I always liked him

BlazersDozen 11-04-2009 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spursdynasty420
man ime pissed me the **** off when he was with the spurs. hes an above average defender I guess but he cant hit his shots when hes open and he cant really do anything else. hopefully he fits in with the kings I always liked him

Really? Complete opposite in Portland.

Ime always hit his corner threes and was a decent passer for his position. I didn't see much of him in SA.

This is a good pick up for the Kings. Finally somebody who can play some defense.