Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Memphis Grizzlies Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   FREEEEEEEEE OJ Mayo !!!!! (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=153506)

lilojmayo 11-15-2009 02:22 AM

FREEEEEEEEE OJ Mayo !!!!!
 
What was Mike Heisley thinking. Rudy Gay was cancering Mayo enough. We didn't need to add more ball dominate players to take away Mayo's shots. Which sadly has happened.

With guys like Tyreke Evans, Brandon Jennings showing what they can do when their cancers are injured ( Kevin Martin, Michael Redd), I just can wait when Gay leaves this summer ( he will, FA, we didn't extend his contract :rockon: ). The terror Mayo will start doing to every single team in this league. Mayo's 40 point game 17-25 shooting was just a small fraction of his potential. He didn't even get his enough shots up that game because Gay was chucking not passing Mayo the ball. Fire Hollins also. Until we get rid of Conley, Gay, Hollins all we can say is.




The Mayo fans please Rock this caption image on every post from now on.

noob cake 11-15-2009 02:23 AM

Re: FREEEEEEEEE OJ Mayo !!!!!
 
You get rid of the tumor known as Gay, what do you do with that Cancerous ZBo?

Al Thornton 11-15-2009 02:27 AM

Re: FREEEEEEEEE OJ Mayo !!!!!
 
hilarious, apparently any player who takes lots of shots is a cancer on ISH

Rafael Delagetó 11-15-2009 02:28 AM

Re: FREEEEEEEEE OJ Mayo !!!!!
 
I love that the term "cancer" can be used as a verb now.

lilojmayo 11-15-2009 02:30 AM

Re: FREEEEEEEEE OJ Mayo !!!!!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by noob cake
You get rid of the tumor known as Gay, what do you do with that Cancerous ZBo?


I actually like Zbo. I know he can't stop anybody on the defensive end, but he has been knocking down his jumpers and hasnt really been ball hogging that much. It is Gay, he is playing for a contract now, so he is trying to not give Mayo the ball on time down. I kid you not Gay probably averages 2 passes a game to Mayo. And they both play 35-40 minutes a night.

B-Easy 11-15-2009 02:32 AM

Re: FREEEEEEEEE OJ Mayo !!!!!
 
we know Mayo can score, hes proven it. What about the other areas of his game? cant blame Gay for everything... Mayo needs to step up his defense, his playmaking.

As it stands right now, what makes him so different than the rest of the players on the Grizzlies? hes proven he can score 1 on 1 and make open shots, and hes shown nothing on defense and nothing outside of scoring. And im saying this as a fan of his from watching him at USC when he was locking people up and showing good playmaking.

lilojmayo 11-15-2009 02:41 AM

Re: FREEEEEEEEE OJ Mayo !!!!!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by B-Easy
we know Mayo can score, hes proven it. What about the other areas of his game? cant blame Gay for everything... Mayo needs to step up his defense, his playmaking.

As it stands right now, what makes him so different than the rest of the players on the Grizzlies? hes proven he can score 1 on 1 and make open shots, and hes shown nothing on defense and nothing outside of scoring. And im saying this as a fan of his from watching him at USC when he was locking people up and showing good playmaking.


Mayo is just tired of the loosing and just isn't given the effort. I don't blame him, they aren't putting a watchable product on the court. I have a hard time watching the garbage I am seeting form this team.


To answer the question B-Easy. It is the system that is shackling Mayo. Hollins is a Conley Man. Basically Conley dribbbles for 20 seconds half the time going no where. Then Hollins makes Mayo stand in the corner, while Mayo is folding his arms. Mayo should have the ball every possession to try to make a play. There is a reason he was the #1 ranked HS player for his class since he was 13. And his assists numbers are quite skewed. The reason Randolph, and Gasol are putting up big numbers is because of OJ Mayo. He is the only Grizzlies trying to feed them the ball on a regular basis down on the post. It takes both Gasol and Randolph 10 seconds to make their move so Mayo never gets credited for the assists, and that's why the Grizzlies have the lowest assists per game in the NBA. It really isn't as much one on one play as ppl like to make it out to be except for Gay he is just playing for stats so he can get his 60 million dollar contract this off season



Istealfrombums 11-15-2009 02:50 AM

Re: FREEEEEEEEE OJ Mayo !!!!!
 
A 50% shooter is a cancer right....... Rudy Gay has hits a higher % of shots both this season and last season over OJ Mayo while averaging less turnovers. :applause:

824 11-15-2009 02:52 AM

Re: FREEEEEEEEE OJ Mayo !!!!!
 
Do you think the Grizzlies' management is going to see your cute little jpg and take your advice? I don't get it.

Ramza 11-15-2009 02:58 AM

Re: FREEEEEEEEE OJ Mayo !!!!!
 
Someone's jealous.

zabuza666 11-15-2009 03:40 AM

Re: FREEEEEEEEE OJ Mayo !!!!!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by lilojmayo
What was Mike Heisley thinking. Rudy Gay was cancering Mayo enough. We didn't need to add more ball dominate players to take away Mayo's shots. Which sadly has happened.

With guys like Tyreke Evans, Brandon Jennings showing what they can do when their cancers are injured ( Kevin Martin, Michael Redd), I just can wait when Gay leaves this summer ( he will, FA, we didn't extend his contract :rockon: ). The terror Mayo will start doing to every single team in this league. Mayo's 40 point game 17-25 shooting was just a small fraction of his potential. He didn't even get his enough shots up that game because Gay was chucking not passing Mayo the ball. Fire Hollins also. Until we get rid of Conley, Gay, Hollins all we can say is.




The Mayo fans please Rock this caption image on every post from now on.


Isn't Gay shooting a higher FG% then Mayo? :confusedshrug:

GoldMedallist 11-15-2009 09:22 AM

Re: FREEEEEEEEE OJ Mayo !!!!!
 
Only Randolph and Gasol are doing a good work for the team. Let Mayo start playing well this season before asking him to be freed.

ukplayer4 11-15-2009 04:03 PM

Re: FREEEEEEEEE OJ Mayo !!!!!
 
seems like the term cancer is being used on here by people for every single player in the nba who isnt one of their favorite players ....utterely pathetic. that word has lost all its meaning along time ago.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:51 AM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy