Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   NBA Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Kelenna Azubuike seriously injures his left knee (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=153508)

Brujesino 11-15-2009 03:08 AM

Kelenna Azubuike seriously injures his left knee

Quote:

Warriors swingman Kelenna Azubuike suffered what the team called a “left patella tendon injury.”

Azubuike drove the lane with just over nine minutes left and wound up falling on his back hard. He tried to jump towards the basket but his knee gave out. He immediately reached for his knee and stared at it in shock. From the courtside media view, it looked like his knee cap was off to the side (which suggests a dislocated knee cap).

Azubuike had to be wheel-barreled off the court, his hand shielding his face. The somber of his teammates confirmed the severity of the injury. Azubuike did not go to the hospital. He had his knee imaged at the Bradley Center. It has not been determined how long how long he will be out.

Quick research online shows that a dislocated patella takes about 3 to 5 months to heal. If Azubuike ruptured his patellar tendon, which is the ligament that connects the quadriceps to the shin, he’ll need surgery to repair it. According to some related Web sites, his knee would be casted for six weeks followed by weeks of rehab.

man this sucks buike was our most consistent player and was having a great year one of my favs too:cry:

get well soon buike

ihatetimthomas 11-15-2009 03:33 AM

Re: Kelenna Azubuike seriously injurys his left knee

That's a shame. You really hate to hear about guys hurting their knees bad. I have always liked his game. Nothing spectacular, but overall solid. Hope for the best

w00terz 11-15-2009 03:37 AM

:eek:

Hopefully he can bounce back from this, I've always liked his game.

MeLO MvP 15 11-15-2009 10:29 AM

That sucks, i always thought he was the kind of player that would shine on a contender like cleveland, boston or denver... get well soon dude

KelticForce1349 11-15-2009 11:57 AM

Re: Kelenna Azubuike seriously injures his left knee

One of my favorite players, I was hoping the Bulls would send Tyrus off in exchange for him. I hope he gets well soon, he is a terrific young player.

DuMa 11-15-2009 01:36 PM

i saw the injury on replayed highlights. a fall like that during mid-air jump does not look good at all. hope he recovers well.

Ian 11-15-2009 02:47 PM

Yeah, saw this happen live. Did not look good. You hate to see players go down like that. I've never seen someone carted off like that in a long time.

Wish him all the best.

Thunderstruck 11-15-2009 02:55 PM

I'm assuming Anthony Morrow will get a ton of minutes from now on. How do you think he will perform?

Rafael Delagetó 11-15-2009 03:06 PM

God damn, this team just got even smaller...

Bodin 11-15-2009 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thunderstruck
I'm assuming Anthony Morrow will get a ton of minutes from now on. How do you think he will perform?

Who knows with Nellie... This guy has 6'3 Acie Law as the back up SF (As per Rotoworld - Oct 25th). You would think Jackson, Maggette, and Morrow would get the bulk of the minutes.

TheAnchorman 11-15-2009 03:41 PM

This is bad for hte Warriors. Hope he gets well soon, this injury has more of an effect than people in general think.