Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Football Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   Bengals to sign LJ? (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=153786)

DC's Finest 11-17-2009 01:47 PM

Bengals to sign LJ?

:wtf:
In my opinion, this is a horrid decision..

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shu...urn=nfl,202870

Tarik One 11-17-2009 02:02 PM

Re: Bengals to sign LJ?

How is it horrid? It not surprising at all that another team would be picked up so quickly. Plus he won't be starting anyway.

mlh1981 11-17-2009 02:07 PM

The Bengals aren't asking him to be the 2006 Larry Johnson. They just want depth, and for someone to maybe tote the rock 5 times a game

I think he's an @sshole, but they Bengals signed him to a small deal, so if he causes problems, they can ship him outta town pretty quickly.

Win/win scenerio

TheGreatDeraj 11-17-2009 02:14 PM

Pittsburgh needs to pick him up ASAP. He went to Penn State, and we need a RB like LJ.

Huey Freeman 11-17-2009 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheGreatDeraj
Pittsburgh needs to pick him up ASAP. He went to Penn State, and we need a RB like LJ.

Steelers and a Lakers fan? Interesting combination.

TheGreatDeraj 11-17-2009 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Huey Freeman
Steelers and a Lakers fan? Interesting combination.

It's a very awesome combination. I was born in Pittsburgh(or close) before I moved to Georgia. Lakers were the reason I got into basketball. I'm really a Lakers/Hawks/Steelers fan :D

DC's Finest 11-17-2009 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tarik One
How is it horrid? It not surprising at all that another team would be picked up so quickly. Plus he won't be starting anyway.

I've always hated LJ. I just don't think hes wanted or needed. If they needed depth, like the article said they could've signed DeDe Dorsey, who for one knows the system, and doesn't bring any off field problems.

Tarik One 11-17-2009 10:02 PM

Well the Bengals are no strangers to picking up players with prior issues, and again he's gonna be nothing more than a backup. His distractions will be kept at a minimum. They'll probably make a big fuss about it this Sunday on the pregame shows, but it'll simmer down after that.

Huey Freeman 11-18-2009 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheGreatDeraj
It's a very awesome combination. I was born in Pittsburgh(or close) before I moved to Georgia. Lakers were the reason I got into basketball. I'm really a Lakers/Hawks/Steelers fan :D

Very cool, I'm glad to see someone who's actually from Pittsburgh root for the Steelers.

RedBlackAttack 11-18-2009 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mlh1981
The Bengals aren't asking him to be the 2006 Larry Johnson. They just want depth, and for someone to maybe tote the rock 5 times a game

I think he's an @sshole, but they Bengals signed him to a small deal, so if he causes problems, they can ship him outta town pretty quickly.

Win/win scenerio

I disagree. When I watch the Bengals, the one thing that I think makes them so good this year is the chemistry that they seem to have with one another. The guys on the field and on the sideline seem to genuinely like each other and that is important in football.

Why mess with that chemistry by bringing in a malcontent like LJ? He has proven over and over that he is out for himself and he'll begin whining if he isn't given what he sees as a sufficient amount of carries per game.

I just don't get it... The Bengals' running back situation seems fine to me. I like Bernard Scott and Ced Benson as a tandem. Benson has now already come out and said that he is upset with this move.

The Bengals are doing so well.... Why even risk it? This makes zero sense to me.

mlh1981 11-18-2009 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
I disagree. When I watch the Bengals, the one thing that I think makes them so good this year is the chemistry that they seem to have with one another. The guys on the field and on the sideline seem to genuinely like each other and that is important in football.

Why mess with that chemistry by bringing in a malcontent like LJ? He has proven over and over that he is out for himself and he'll begin whining if he isn't given what he sees as a sufficient amount of carries per game.

I just don't get it... The Bengals' running back situation seems fine to me. I like Bernard Scott and Ced Benson as a tandem. Benson has now already come out and said that he is upset with this move.

The Bengals are doing so well.... Why even risk it? This makes zero sense to me.

I'm just banking on the fact that he'll be happy going to a winning team, he knows that this is his last chance, keeps his mouth shut, and becomes another Cincinnati reclamation project.

If something like this throws off the harmony of the entire team, well then.....maybe they aren't that good after all.

I hear ya about the character concerns. They are really disturbing. If any of that resurfaces, they can get rid of the problem immediately without it being too big of a cost to them.

What's ironic is that if the Steelers had signed him like some were saying last week, I'd be saying "oh look at them getting that locker room cancer!" Of course now, I'm sitting here trying to spin this in a positive way :oldlol:

White Chocolate 11-19-2009 12:09 AM

If the Bengals were a borderline playoff team, I probably wouldn't have as much of a problem. The Bengals are 7-2, in first place, could end up with a first round BYE, and with some luck, go all the way. Why mess with that?

Legend of Josh 11-19-2009 12:16 AM

LJ isnt a godsend for the Bengals franchise... but he's a "piece" we can milk the cow with.

It's a win-win for both parties... the Bengals needs a legit backup to Benson... and LJ needs to prove he's more than just an off the field trouble maker. Come late December and January the Benson / LJ combo could be a force to be reckoned with.

Yes, LJ is a risk... but I think at this point he had his head tucked between his legs and understands he's going to have to start from the bottom up.