Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Off the Court Lounge (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Plea to bring back the Reputation system (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15559)

Seņor Cedric 10-29-2006 07:23 PM

Plea to bring back the Reputation system

Before you type anything, say whether you are for or against bringing back rep.

My ideas for bringing rep back:

-Make it viewable to the whole board. So if I say call Kwajo a panty sniffer, everyone can see that I sent that.

-Stricter punishment for misuse. If someone is irresponsible with it, then you should IP ban them. Racism should not be allowed. That's you VCdrivesaporcshetowork.

Any other ideas?

Tally so far:
FOR= 18
AGAINST=10
DON'T CARE= 2

KnickFan4Life 10-29-2006 07:25 PM

I am for the rep system. It was just some little emos (Gaywaiz, Hotsizzle) b!tching like ":cry: he left me a bad comment". Like teenage girls having their periods.

geeWiz15 10-29-2006 07:27 PM

what exactly is the reason for bringing it back? if someone makes a good post, just compliment them. what is so hard about that?

LakerRaider 10-29-2006 07:28 PM

I agree. I like the idea of the reputation system. It's cool. It gives a chance for people to be rewarded for their good threads and posts.

hateraid 10-29-2006 07:29 PM

Against - There is always going to be blatant misuse of this system and it'll just make the admins work harder to moderate them.

kwajo 10-29-2006 07:29 PM

Quote:

So if I say call Kwajo a panty sniffer, everyone can see that I sent that.

wait, how did you know I moonlight as an underwear scent analyst?

basketballer4 10-29-2006 07:30 PM

I don't really care either way.

geeWiz15 10-29-2006 07:31 PM

Quote:

I agree. I like the idea of the reputation system. It's cool. It gives a chance for people to be rewarded for their good threads and posts.
If we're gonna have a reward system I'd really prefer money.

XxNeXuSxX 10-29-2006 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hateraid
Against - There is always going to be blatant misuse of this system and it'll just make the admins work harder to moderate them.

QFT

Against, no reason to bring it back, just got people angry.

Shepseskaf 10-29-2006 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by geeWiz15
what exactly is the reason for bringing it back? if someone makes a good post, just compliment them. what is so hard about that?

Agreed. There's no need for it, and quite frankly it was just stupid. It was abused before, and it would be abused if reinstated.

hateraid 10-29-2006 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XxNeXuSxX
QFT

Against, no reason to bring it back, just got people angry.

What's that?

Seņor Cedric 10-29-2006 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by geeWiz15

I don't want to see people quoting long-ass posts anymore, saying:

Quote:

:applause:

or

Quote:

:stupid:

What the hell does "I'm with stupid" mean anyway? That you are "with" stupid, and you think the same as him? Why would you be "with" stupid?

Anyway, I think reputation will inspire good posts from posters, and the crap will be cut out all together if we can see who is repping who.

Like say GOBB negative reps me because I make a trashy thread (fair enough), and I negative rep him for neg repping me, then people will see and they can gang up on me. I like the system. As long as it doesn't turn into hate wars.

P.S. I had pos repped GOBB a few times too, and gee. TMOGE got some love too. It's only that Gay beckham guy, the dumb knicks fan and the dumb mavs fan that I neg repped often.

fatboy11 10-29-2006 07:33 PM

Against.

XxNeXuSxX 10-29-2006 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hateraid
What's that?

QFT= Quoting for Truth.

Seņor Cedric 10-29-2006 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kwajo
wait, how did you know I moonlight as an underwear scent analyst?

When I hired you as a private eye, the last thing I expected was you to tell me my girlfriend's knickers smelt like Chili Con Carne.