Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Indiana Pacers Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Larry Bird wants fans to be patient (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=163614)

insidehoops 02-11-2010 02:48 PM

Larry Bird wants fans to be patient

http://www.insidehoops.com/blog/?p=5386

I think he needs to do big things this off-season or possibly step aside and let someone else give it a shot

InspiredLebowski 02-11-2010 03:45 PM

Re: Larry Bird wants fans to be patient

The blind allegiance to Jim O'Brien is baffling. Every point of support he makes is not true.

JerzeyBlaze 02-12-2010 09:34 AM

notice what Bird says : "will move into high gear after next season when the team gets salary cap space." So this year + next year = no moves (2 years of nothing happening?)

jbot 02-15-2010 02:42 PM

i've been waiting since after our last finals in 2000. that's 9 yrs folks.

the_chosen_1 02-15-2010 03:20 PM

Times up! Start with O'Brien then make some deals to get this thing rolling this offseason.

Jasper 02-16-2010 10:00 PM

I have to wonder if Bird is what he supposed to be ... a GM or a coat tail hugger of Donnie that can't decide how his team should play , with what talent he projects for his team .
Be patient fan's ??????

I'll tell you what the fans should check their loyality at the door , and start knocking it down asking Bird what the **** is happening ?

(people have always put a heat check on Jordan , I think it's time Bird starts showing where this team is headed)

-------------
I'd of thought he would of at least tried to work a deal to get some new hot talent , dangling something in front of some of these teams that are just swimming above water.

catzhernandez 02-17-2010 02:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbot
i've been waiting since after our last finals in 2000. that's 9 yrs folks.

We had a good 4-5 years after that. :confusedshrug:

Entertaining to say the least.

InspiredLebowski 02-18-2010 08:15 AM

Better be patient until the offseason at least. Hey, look at all those expiring deals, something has to happen! Right? Right?!

Seriously though, I don't blame Larry for not jumping on some deadline deals. DC got a 1st round pick for Jamison basically. No one in the world would take Murph over Jamison, so I assume the only REAL offers we got were salary dumps. If salary needs dumped for the sake of the franchise you can do it in the offseason, no reason to jump on it right now when all everyone's value has nowhere to go but up.

DinoRadja40 02-18-2010 10:15 AM

dont hate me but I agree with Larry about waiting until summer of 2011 to make major moves. This gives Danny, Roy and Tyler time to mature and get to meld into a team unit. Brandon Rush isnt the player we thought he was but he and AJ Price could be good role players off the bench like foster and others have played before. The basketball world is full of talented pgs, and we should take one early next season, and then try to bring in another talented wing scorer in 2011 through free agency, while drafting and adding other talented players this and next summer

going into 2011:

pg: Lottery pick 2010, aj price
sg: FA All-star Caliber player, Rush
sf: Danny, FA pick up vet
pf: Tyler, 1st rounder from 2011
c: Roy, fa vet pick up

I think this might actually be the best thing for this team, think of the lottery pg, as a westbrook/ rose player, and the sg we sign as aroung the kevin martin, iggy type caliber. This team wouldnt be bad, and could be great.

jbot 02-18-2010 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by catzhernandez
We had a good 4-5 years after that. :confusedshrug:

Entertaining to say the least.

nah. we've sucked since then.