Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Off the Court Lounge (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   NFL Week 9 (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16517)

Carbine 11-05-2006 11:25 AM

NFL Week 9
 
Ravens/Bengals will be fun.

Colts/Pats is the game of the regular season for me as a Colts fan.

Speaking of the Colts, Boomer said on Countdown that the Broncos got "Peyton-ized" last week. :pimp:

Merriman is starting his suspension today. Does that ruin his chances for DPOY? Probably.

funkylikemonkey 11-05-2006 11:26 AM

Giants should be in for an easy win.

mlh1981 11-05-2006 11:36 AM

re
 
despite the fact that Peyton Manning is an amazing qb (I can't supply any adjectives that haven't already been applied to him), I can't help but wonder if highly touted, 1st round QB's are pretty much screwed as far as winning championships go. Besides Ben Roethlisberger, it seems like most super bowl winning QB's have hit rock bottom at some point. Brady and Brad Johnson used to be backups, Dilfer experieced disappointment, Warner bagged groceries,etc. Personally, I think that guys that are handed the "keys to the car" immediately can't handle adversity as well as the aforementioned players I mentioned.

Real Men Wear Green 11-05-2006 12:02 PM

Tom Brady never hit "rock bottom." Learning the position behind a good QB isn't a bad thing.

GOBB 11-05-2006 12:07 PM

Forgot Eagles had a bye week. Blah, gotta watch other teams.

Quote:

Merriman is starting his suspension today. Does that ruin his chances for DPOY? Probably.

:confusedshrug: Probably? He's missing 4gms. His chances are shot.

GOBB 11-05-2006 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mlh1981
despite the fact that Peyton Manning is an amazing qb (I can't supply any adjectives that haven't already been applied to him), I can't help but wonder if highly touted, 1st round QB's are pretty much screwed as far as winning championships go. Besides Ben Roethlisberger, it seems like most super bowl winning QB's have hit rock bottom at some point. Brady and Brad Johnson used to be backups, Dilfer experieced disappointment, Warner bagged groceries,etc. Personally, I think that guys that are handed the "keys to the car" immediately can't handle adversity as well as the aforementioned players I mentioned.


I think you're totally wrong. Tom Brady came into a situation where he had a 1000yd rusher who scored TDs and a WR who caught a 100 balls. NE D was much improved as well. Trent Dilfer played with a similar situation.

Highly touted first round QB's arent screwed. Mcnabb was screwed? Franchises must build teams around them. Whereas the QB's you listed already had teams established and the QB just added to it. Kurt Warner came into a situation where he had 2 #1 WR's and the best football player in the game Marshall Faulk. How often does a first round QB walk into that situation?

They usually go to teams starting from the ground up.

Carbine 11-05-2006 12:49 PM

...
 
Also, the reason Big Ben appears to be the only one off-hand that went pretty early in the draft & won a superbowl is because of the situation he came to.

Great running game, good wideouts, great defense, great coaching staff, good special teams.

You know.

raiderfan19 11-05-2006 01:40 PM

aikman had everything handed to him, he won 3

BFRESH44 11-05-2006 01:57 PM

Phins up on Bears 7-3...My man from the U Devin Hester giftwraped an endzone trip with a fumble on a punt return...

EDIT: JAAAAAAAAAASON MF'N TAYLORRRRR TIPPED and PICKED OFF GROSSMAN AND TOOK IT TO THE HOUSE...

Phins up 14-3 on the Bears...

Boy would it be something for my 1-6 Phins to take down the Bears...

RandomBalla55 11-05-2006 01:58 PM

Rofl.

Dolphins up 14-3.

GOBB 11-05-2006 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BFRESH44
Phins up on Bears 7-3...My man from the U Devin Hester giftwraped an endzone trip with a fumble on a punt return...


14-3

mavsfan4zindagi 11-05-2006 01:59 PM

Bears look awful.

Carbine 11-05-2006 02:05 PM

..
 
Would be kinda cool for the Dolphin franchise to eliminate one of the remaining undefeated teams.

LiL Stevie 11-05-2006 02:06 PM

Wow they're playing in Chicago too...

Shepseskaf 11-05-2006 02:09 PM

Bears are way too inconsistent.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:31 AM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy