Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   San Antonio Spurs Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   this is not the suns best team of the past years (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=172400)

spursdynasty420 04-30-2010 01:48 PM

this is not the suns best team of the past years
 
Im not understanding why you guys think this is the suns best team. the suns best chance to win a championship has come and gone. we made sure of that

Flashbeanie 04-30-2010 01:58 PM

Re: this is not the suns best team of the past years
 
If you're referring to the 2007 team that had Nash, Stoudemire, Bell, Thomas, Diaw, Marion and Barbosa, I think the 2010 team is stronger.

Nash (2010) slightly worse than Nash (2007)

Richardson is much better offensively than Bell. Defensively, he's average.

Hill (2010) is basically the same as Marion (2007) defensively and doesn't complain.

Stoudemire (2010) is smarter than Stoudemire (2007). Did you see his assists to Richardson out of the high post? Plus the charges he takes?

Lopez is about the same as Kurt Thomas but taller and will give Duncan problems, assuming he plays.

Dudley/Frye/Dragic/Amundson/Barbosa owns Barbosa, Diaw and whoever didn't get playing time in 2007.

HylianNightmare 04-30-2010 02:00 PM

Re: this is not the suns best team of the past years
 
This team is better than that 07 team without a doubt this is actually looking like it might be a good series

DuMa 04-30-2010 02:01 PM

Re: this is not the suns best team of the past years
 
the spurs are not also the spurs' best team of the past years.

spursdynasty420 04-30-2010 02:28 PM

Re: this is not the suns best team of the past years
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by DuMa
the spurs are not also the spurs' best team of the past years.


better then we were last year. looking like a championship team. suns are not

also the mavs are 100x better then these suns lol... they wont have some ridiculous freak shooting fade aways that we cant even contest. we will let amare go off and look like a stud and everyone else will get shut down as usual. game over series over

Walker 04-30-2010 02:41 PM

Re: this is not the suns best team of the past years
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by spursdynasty420
Im not understanding why you guys think this is the suns best team. the suns best chance to win a championship has come and gone. we made sure of that

Couldn't be more wrong fella, infact this is the best Suns team since the CB34/KJ days.
Phoenix is legitimately 10 deep this season, I'd challenge anyone to name a second unit better than Frye/Lou/Dudley/Barbosa/Dragic. In previous years we've had 8 players at best that could contribute consistantly. Our bench gives a completely different look to the team and we can put out line ups that are matchup nightmares.
Not to mention the defence has DRAMATICALLY improved throughout this season.
Do I think Phoenix will win the Championship? No
Do I think we'll beat the Spurs? Clean sweep, book it.

icemanfan 04-30-2010 02:48 PM

Re: this is not the suns best team of the past years
 
I do not understand the need to talk shit before , during or after a series. We are not the players merely fans. We can only watch. The series could go either way. They are both good teams. Both teams have to play up to their potential to win the series. Why not simply sit back and enjoy the series? If you need to make it interesting then challenge someone from the opposing fan base to an avatar bet. This was once an enjoyable place to discuss the games with fans of all the other teams. Now guys feel like they need to pick a fight before the series even starts. :ohwell:

SCdac 04-30-2010 02:50 PM

Re: this is not the suns best team of the past years
 
The Suns lead the league with an impressive 41.2 three point field goal percentage. Shooting like that has to be recognized, particularly when you have Amare roaming in the paint and a sharp shooting big on the perimeter. I don't under estimate these Suns at all. I think the Spurs will take the series, but it will be just as much of struggle as the last, we won't be able to count on Kidd and Terry going cold.

PP34Deuce 04-30-2010 02:51 PM

Re: this is not the suns best team of the past years
 
Suns team is better balanced than 2006-2008.

Amare is 85 percent of what he was athletically.Great jumper,actual above average post gam back to the basket.
Nash looks the same to me, a dead eye shooter great assists-
Hill is much smarter than Marion while still being able to give 14-6-4

The dragic guy is the key because nash has been on vacation on the bench while they can hold a lead,then he comes in and drains 3's and looks like the 1st quarter nash.

A Roc 23 04-30-2010 02:52 PM

Re: this is not the suns best team of the past years
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by icemanfan
I do not understand the need to talk shit before , during or after a series. We are not the players merely fans. We can only watch. The series could go either way. They are both good teams. Both teams have to play up to their potential to win the series. Why not simply sit back and enjoy the series? If you need to make it interesting then challenge someone from the opposing fan base to an avatar bet. This was once an enjoyable place to discuss the games with fans of all the other teams. Now guys feel like they need to pick a fight before the series even starts. :ohwell:


I agree. All this trash talk only leads to frusteration and useless speculation. At the end of the day Spurs fans will boast about all their titles, to which us Suns fans can't say a damn thing. But at the same time we're talking about 2010 and two very different teams with 2-3 new starters each and completely new benches. I know I myself am done going back and forth about why I think the Suns will win. It's pretty stupid when you consider that all we can do is watch the games and see what happens. Although I see no problem in giving opinions, trash talk is not constructive.

icemanfan 04-30-2010 02:59 PM

Re: this is not the suns best team of the past years
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by A Roc 23
I agree. All this trash talk only leads to frusteration and useless speculation. At the end of the day Spurs fans will boast about all their titles, to which us Suns fans can't say a damn thing. But at the same time we're talking about 2010 and two very different teams with 2-3 new starters each and completely new benches. I know I myself am done going back and forth about why I think the Suns will win. It's pretty stupid when you consider that all we can do is watch the games and see what happens. Although I see no problem in giving opinions, trash talk is not constructive.

:applause: Damn Right! The two of us can enjoy the series and ignore all the garbage posts. In all honesty, as a Spurs fan since the early 70's the current Suns remind me of the old Spurs. I enjoy watching their games so this is a no loose situation for me. I would love to see the Spurs win the series but if thy do not I will not be crushed.

ICE

spursdynasty420 04-30-2010 03:18 PM

Re: this is not the suns best team of the past years
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Walker
Couldn't be more wrong fella, infact this is the best Suns team since the CB34/KJ days.
Phoenix is legitimately 10 deep this season, I'd challenge anyone to name a second unit better than Frye/Lou/Dudley/Barbosa/Dragic. In previous years we've had 8 players at best that could contribute consistantly. Our bench gives a completely different look to the team and we can put out line ups that are matchup nightmares.
Not to mention the defence has DRAMATICALLY improved throughout this season.
Do I think Phoenix will win the Championship? No
Do I think we'll beat the Spurs? Clean sweep, book it.


SWEEP!?!? LOL

first of all the spurs bench > suns bench get that stupid shit out of your head

who is dudley?? and lou?? nobodies that wont do anything the only players off your bench that will do anything will be dragic and frye and im definately not scared of either. blair > frye and tony parker > dragic. you arent even ready for the spurs. suns fans are so cocky for this series and its just gonna be another let down for you guys. face it the spurs just played in the second round vs the mavs and now we are playing a team that isnt as good after gelling in that mavs series. suns are DONEZO but i wont say sweep like an idiot like you would. ill say in 5 or 6 like previous years


now its hard to say your team is gonna lose after each team beating someone in the first round and doing it in under 7 games but be realistic dude you are calling a sweep on the spurs??? lol

HorryIsMyMVP 04-30-2010 06:20 PM

Re: this is not the suns best team of the past years
 
The Spurs suck this year. The Suns are going to beat them and if they don't, the Lakers will sweep them.

Fallguy20 05-02-2010 11:45 PM

Re: this is not the suns best team of the past years
 
Whether they are better or not the Suns look tough in this matchup just because of the slow and steady decline due to age for the Spurs. 3 years does make a difference.

Auka 05-03-2010 01:00 AM

Re: this is not the suns best team of the past years
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by spursdynasty420
SWEEP!?!? LOL

first of all the spurs bench > suns bench get that stupid shit out of your head

who is dudley?? and lou?? nobodies that wont do anything the only players off your bench that will do anything will be dragic and frye and im definately not scared of either. blair > frye and tony parker > dragic. you arent even ready for the spurs. suns fans are so cocky for this series and its just gonna be another let down for you guys. face it the spurs just played in the second round vs the mavs and now we are playing a team that isnt as good after gelling in that mavs series. suns are DONEZO but i wont say sweep like an idiot like you would. ill say in 5 or 6 like previous years


now its hard to say your team is gonna lose after each team beating someone in the first round and doing it in under 7 games but be realistic dude you are calling a sweep on the spurs??? lol

So umm.. who else do you have on your bench apart from those 2? Bonner? Get the f*ck outta here. Mason? Jeez. Getting desperate here. Please, the Suns bench is much better. Has 2 of the top 10 3pt shooters in the league (That guy Dudley and Frye), a 6th Man of the Year winner in Leandro Barbosa, and a up coming PG in Dragic. Get your head outta your a$$.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:07 AM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy