Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Portland Trail Blazers Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   Discuss Brandon Roy and the Blazers, now that Suns booted us out of the playoffs. (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=172493)

ODEN>DURANT 05-01-2010 02:32 AM

Discuss Brandon Roy and the Blazers, now that Suns booted us out of the playoffs.

Fire away

Myth 05-01-2010 02:35 AM

Re: Discuss Brandon Roy and the Blazers, now that Suns booted us out of the playoffs.

Eh, all I want is a healthy roster (most importantly a healthy Oden).

ODEN>DURANT 05-01-2010 02:36 AM

Re: Discuss Brandon Roy and the Blazers, now that Suns booted us out of the playoffs.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Myth
Eh, all I want is a healthy roster (most importantly a healthy Oden).

That makes 2 of us.

thejumpa 05-01-2010 03:02 AM

BRoy is still a beast. It's time for him to forget about this season and focus on getting healthy and ready for next season. Portland is still a couple big men away from being contenders.

Considering all the bad luck Roy and Portland have had this season, it's a wonder they made the playoffs and won 50 games. Next year they will hit 60. Yup.

InspiredLebowski 05-01-2010 03:05 AM

What's the looming Oden extension going to look like?

Do any of your Portland lifers worry about how all his injuries effect his camaraderie with the rest of the team? I read a transcript from a radio interview he gave a week or so ago (I think) and he's never around the team, barely talks to them.

iamgine 05-01-2010 06:00 AM

I want the Blazers to trade Miller and Camby's expiring contract (was that $18 Million combined?) for a lot of depth. Pretty unhappy with Aldridge's improvement, he hasn't had his breakout season yet.

Oden is still a potential beast but if he's out for the season one more time or if he demands high salary, it's time to let him go.

Blazers need to let Rudy Fernandez grow. Give him starter minutes. I wanna see a lineup of:

Roy
Fernandez
Batum
Aldridge
Oden

Bigsmoke 05-01-2010 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iamgine
I want the Blazers to trade Miller and Camby's expiring contract (was that $18 Million combined?) for a lot of depth. Pretty unhappy with Aldridge's improvement, he hasn't had his breakout season yet.

Oden is still a potential beast but if he's out for the season one more time or if he demands high salary, it's time to let him go.

Blazers need to let Rudy Fernandez grow. Give him starter minutes. I wanna see a lineup of:

Roy
Fernandez
Batum
Aldridge
Oden

you must not was the Blazer to win if u want Fernandez to start at the PG spot or to move Roy over at PG. He's as streaking as anybody could get. I call him the JR Smith from Spain.

Papaya Petee 05-01-2010 01:19 PM

Discuss Brandon Roy- Well he's a beast not much more to say.

Discuss Blazers- If they get healthy for next year, watch out, they will go deep.

Also I can bet Brandon Roy will be a 25\5\5 player next year if not better.

mrhoopfan 05-01-2010 02:01 PM

I just hpe Roy doesn't have knee issues all his career. Martell webster can be a STARTING shooting guard in the league. They should try and get big man deepth back for him. The Blazers have SO much talent, just need to be healthy.

TheCord#20 05-01-2010 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrhoopfan
I just hpe Roy doesn't have knee issues all his career. Martell webster can be a STARTING shooting guard in the league. They should try and get big man deepth back for him. The Blazers have SO much talent, just need to be healthy.

If the Blazers are healthy they are very deep.

Miller/Bayless
Roy/Rudy/Webster
Batum/Webster/Cunningham
LA/Camby/Pendo
Camby or Oden/Pryzbilla

That front court is legit. I'm still not totally convinced that Miller and Roy are a great match, but i do like them both a lot. I think Rudy, Martel and Bayless will only get better. The biggest issue is gonna be the health of this team. Bye next season the KP thing will be dealt with, for better or worse, Nate should be the coach still and we will know if Rudy is coming back or not.

Myth 05-01-2010 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
What's the looming Oden extension going to look like?

Do any of your Portland lifers worry about how all his injuries effect his camaraderie with the rest of the team? I read a transcript from a radio interview he gave a week or so ago (I think) and he's never around the team, barely talks to them.

First part: I don't think anybody really knows. Blazers probably want to put Oden on a short contract extension (2 years+the 1 year still on his contract?). I think maybe a 2 year $25M extension is reasonable (keep in mind that if we don't pay a decent price, other teams will be willing to offer him more, including more years, and drive up the price higher in a year). Oden gets a sizable contract money wise, but the Blazers don't lock in long term in case injuries continue. Oden and his agent will probably push for more years, thus the Blazers are better hoping Oden takes a short expensive contract rather than a long kind of expensive contract. But I can easily see both sides struggling to agree since the injuries complicate things. If Oden is confident in his health, I can see him holding out, but if he is afraid of another injury, he may want a contract as soon as possible.

Second part: I think Portlanders have a decent amount of worry, but nothing overwhelming. We look at it cautiously and with concern, but aren't getting overly worked up about it.

glidedrxlr22 05-02-2010 02:53 AM

If Oden, Przbylla, and Batum had given us at least 70 games this season each....the Blazers could gotten at least 4 more wins. I'm pleased with what they did with the injured roster, which makes me really look forward to what could happen when they're healthy.

RoseCity07 05-02-2010 03:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glidedrxlr22
If Oden, Przbylla, and Batum had given us at least 70 games this season each....the Blazers could gotten at least 4 more wins. I'm pleased with what they did with the injured roster, which makes me really look forward to what could happen when they're healthy.

Consider we blew a 8 points lead in the closing mintues to NO. Blew a 25 point lead to Utah. Lost a few close games because of rebounding, yeah 4 wins is definitely not a stretch. I think we will win 60 with everyone healthy.

Brandon Roy missed 15 games, and we still got 50 wins. We just gave away the last game of the season too. 51 wins as far as I'm concerned.

blazerjimmy 05-02-2010 10:20 AM

I'm glad that we signed Camby to that extension - he will be key for us next year.

Andre Miller played HUGE for us in spots, but I'm still not sold on him - I like Bayless and Mills.

I've been a big fan of Rudy Fernandez, but with all of his "I have a contract" bullsh!t talk in the media and with him not getting along with Coach Nate, I say we put together a trade of some sort.

Batum needs to shut it down this summer and get that bum shoulder to 100 percent.

Pryz needs to be more careful in the freaking shower and come back to us healthy before the All Star break.

Oden's contract - will have to wait to see how he performs and if he stays uninjured. I'm willing to play the "matching game" with his next contract - let someone offer him a contract and then we can decide if its worth it to match.

Almost forgot, I'd be willing to re-sign Juwan Howard for a minimum contract.

midatlantic09 05-02-2010 12:26 PM

The Blazers need to trade Andre Miller and designate Bayless as the starting PG. The guy is incredibly talented, and could be an All-Star one day (20 ppg/6assist/4 rebs/1-2 stl type player), but needs the minutes and support from the coaching staff. Sure, he makes some stupid mistakes here and there, but so does Miller; the difference is that Bayless has a very high ceiling whereas Miller is on his way out.

Bayless and Roy could be one of the best backcourts in the NBA. They also need to get Patty Mills into the rotation because he too is pretty talented and could be a very solid backup PG in the league.