Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Cleveland Cavaliers Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   So what happens now ? (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=174148)

BigTicket 05-13-2010 11:29 PM

So what happens now ?

Complete meltdown by the Cavs, and its obvious something needs to change.

First of all it's inarguable that two things need to be done:

#1. Mike Brown has to go

#2. Shaq will not be resigned

What else though ?

Obviously try to resign Lebron, but beyond that what can be done ? Personally I'd like to sign Leon Powe for the next few years. He can provide a decent post presence of the bench, and we need more big men Shaq and Z likely to be gone.

Black Joker 05-14-2010 12:37 AM

Re: So what happens now ?

i don't know. i'll be able to give a better response after i've processed this loss... but for the next couple of days. i just don't know :(

insidehoops 05-14-2010 11:26 AM

sefs eff sesef fsesf eef

BigTicket 05-14-2010 11:35 AM

I thought about it a bit more, and tbh its not looking rosy.

Whether Lebron re-signs or not we don't have any significant cap space, and we don't have any picks in the upcoming draft.

If we get Lebron back we are looking at a minimum of 1-2 years in a sort of holding pattern, where we can win plenty of games in the regular season, but have no real shot at a title. After that we can maybe trade Jamisons expiring contract for some help, hire a free agent, or get lucky with some picks.

If we don't get Lebron back we're obviously looking at a rebuilding period, and we don't have much in the way of young talent. It will be a couple of rough years, at least.

mlh1981 05-14-2010 08:48 PM

I wish there was a way to move Mo. I'm tired of him. When he doesn't get 15-20 PPG (something that rarely ever happens in any sort of pressurized situation), he's useless for us. It really struck me how much of a prima donna group we have become, and he's a big face of that.

I'm really bummed that Z (in all likelihood) Has to go out this way. Regardless, he's secured his place as a Cleveland legend.

Hopefully, JJ Hickson works hard this Summer, and continues to improve leaps/bounds. Despite the uncertainty next year, I think he is someone to keep an eye on, and that can give us hope.

Jamison will hold steady. We know what we will get out of him, for better/worse.

As for LeBron.....I've been saying all year that there is no way he leaves this team, but I'm not so sure anymore.

BigTicket 05-14-2010 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mlh1981
I wish there was a way to move Mo. I'm tired of him. When he doesn't get 15-20 PPG (something that rarely ever happens in any sort of pressurized situation), he's useless for us. It really struck me how much of a prima donna group we have become, and he's a big face of that.

There's some truth to that, but if Lebron leaves we're going to need someone to take over as the playmaker, and he's the only one we've got who's even remotely qualified to do that.

On the other hand if you have a team where Mo is the #1 option, you're really only in it for the lottery anyway.

Meticode 05-15-2010 01:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by insidehoops
sefs eff sesef fsesf eef

Sadly enough, this is a better quality post by you than probably more than half of the idiots you let post on here.

Black Joker 05-16-2010 02:28 AM

i feel silly because i posted in this thread, and made basically a carbon copy thread soon after that... i blame being distraught over the early end of the season

LA.MJ&KB#1 05-17-2010 12:05 PM

So what happens now. WOW!!! Is Cleveland Cavailiers going anywhere? As a fan first you have to ask yourself are you a true fan or a LBJ fan. If LBJ does leave then the only thing you can do is pick your head up and move or you leave with him and cheer for LBJ new team.

Go luck Cavs "True fans"

Black Joker 06-22-2010 06:36 PM

Just some of the normal offseason stuff

Quote:

Blazers Calling Cavs On Mo Williams

Jun 22, 2010 9:44 AM EST
The Blazers have expressed interest in trading for Mo Williams.

Cleveland may make Williams available if they are unable to retain LeBron James.

Via Adrian Wojnarowski/Yahoo!

Quote:

Sources: While #Cavs have discussed Mo Williams trade options, currently there are no advanced talks with any team.

Cavs don't feel they have to trade Williams, they have just tested the market. Bigger chance Delonte West traded in next month.

Black Joker 06-22-2010 11:50 PM

Quote:

At the end of the season, team owner Dan Gilbert said he hoped to get a draft pick by making a trade or buying a pick. According to league sources, those plans are being followed through. Over the last week the Cavs have amped up talks with other teams to set the stage for getting into the bottom half of the first round or in the second round.
The team is believed to be targeting big men who may be available. This draft doesn't have instant-impact centers or power forwards, but is generally regarded as being deep in big men. That is one of the reasons the Cavs may be interested.
The team's second priority, it is believed, would be a point guard. There's a chance the team will be altering its backcourt before next season.
Historically, most picks are exchanged on draft night, especially if they are sold. Teams can pay up to $3 million for a pick and because of that rule, that is usually what the price for first rounders defaults to. Usually a team will target a player or two and then wait to see if he's available before attempting the trade, which is why these deals often happen at the last minute.
There is expected to be several picks sold this season because some teams are looking to preserve salary cap space they'd have to use on rookies while others are looking to help erase losses.
The Cavs have purchased second-round picks in each of the last two years. Those picks change hands with cash more often than first-round picks but the prices are going up. When they bought the draft rights to Sasha Kaun in 2008, it cost around $300,000. Last season the Cavs were outbid for a second-round pick by the Houston Rockets to the tune of $2.25 million. Already this week, the Portland Trail Blazers reportedly paid $2 million to move up 10 spots in the second round.
Nonetheless, with Gilbert's backing the Cavs will likely be aggressive in attempting to acquire at least one pick. While they are seldom impact players, there are prizes that come from the late first round and early in the second round. Five current Cavs were second-round draft picks and three others were taken with picks in the 20s.

http://www.cleveland.com/cavs/index....till_pond.html

Black Joker 06-23-2010 05:17 PM

Mo wants to stay with the Cavs
Quote:

Mo Williams has been the subject of trade rumors this week, but the point guard wants to remain with the Cavaliers.

"Pls don't trade me," wrote Williams on his Twitter page. "I'm not ready to go. I'm begging. My work ain't done yet. I'm on both knees....pls. I'm serious."

Read more: http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archiv...#ixzz0riHhb9jQ

Black Joker 07-09-2010 11:36 AM

so... Lebron is gone... so how do we move forward? When Cavs renounce LeBron, we'll have $9 million in cap space. and we can get to 13M by releasing D. West.

do we bring over Eyegna, get him some experience in the NBA, go with a youth movement? do we try to get some vets and aim for a low playoff seed? sigh

Rose 07-09-2010 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Black Joker
so... Lebron is gone... so how do we move forward? When Cavs renounce LeBron, we'll have $9 million in cap space. and we can get to 13M by releasing D. West.

do we bring over Eyegna, get him some experience in the NBA, go with a youth movement? do we try to get some vets and aim for a low playoff seed? sigh

TANK. draft harrison barnes. bring back Z just because he's a fan fav. then watch the heat not even win the finals. enjoy a lockout year, where wade turns 30, and then officially begins his decline, and watch the heat maybe win A ring.

Black Joker 07-09-2010 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rose
TANK. draft harrison barnes. bring back Z just because he's a fan fav. then watch the heat not even win the finals. enjoy a lockout year, where wade turns 30, and then officially begins his decline, and watch the heat maybe win A ring.

i'm not sure tanking will be necessary, because our team won't be looking that good... besides i don't even want the worst record simply because the worst record kinda sucks getting the first pick