Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Football Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   CBS Sports: Most overrated and underrated on each team (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=176024)

Posterize246 05-28-2010 09:27 PM

CBS Sports: Most overrated and underrated on each team

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/1...verlist_footer

He hit the nail on the head for Philly. Primetime knows my true feelings towards Samuels. Another guy I agreed with is Greg Jennings. Completely disagreed with Polamalu though.

InspiredLebowski 05-28-2010 09:34 PM

Re: CBS Sports: Most overrated and underrated on each team

I guess there's an argument for calling Saturday overrated, though informing the line what to do on all those Peyton audibles isn't to be overshadowed. The rest of the line next to him, especially guard, has been pretty awful for a couple years as well.

Session is indeed a beast, another of the little speedy mid-round pick LB success stories in Indy. Hope they can keep him.

AirGauge23 05-28-2010 09:34 PM

I'll wait till mid season before I stall calling Merriman overrated. Last season he got a pass because he was coming back from major surgery. This season is his real test.

Jackass18 05-28-2010 09:43 PM

Landry was an obvious choice while Haynesworth and his inability to stay on the field also would have made some sense. I thought the underrated player would be obvious, too, but he overlooked him and went with Doughty instead.

~primetime~ 05-29-2010 12:23 AM

I don't like some of these...

Gurode is overrated?...unless you are a hardcore fan you don't know who Gurode is...and Gurode is AWESOME ANYWAY!!!...he struggld at times?...when???

what they said about Asante might be true...he can get burned every now and then, he is a gambler who can't tackle well. However, he is still a complete BADASS. Of all the Eagles he is the only one I like a little, and he is the only one that scares me...I don't want Romo throwin toward that dude, he might take it to the house.

alot of names on there for overrateds that are not highly rated names.

overrated: Duane Brown

???

never knew Brown was thought of as a super stud until now...:ohwell:

Darren McFadden IS overrated though...there are many times a stuf RB can put up huge numbers on a shitty team. If he doesn't do something this year, mcFadden needs to be labeled a BUST.

InspiredLebowski 05-29-2010 12:24 AM

A lot of the OL picks just bother me. Not because they may or may not be true, just because like 95% of NFL fans don't really know shit about offensive linemen other than if his guy (well, what you think is his guy) beat him and sacked the QB. I know I don't.

~primetime~ 05-29-2010 12:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jackass18
Landry was an obvious choice while Haynesworth and his inability to stay on the field also would have made some sense. I thought the underrated player would be obvious, too, but he overlooked him and went with Doughty instead.

Fletcher?

seems like he finally got a ton of cred last year...he went to the probowl

Jailblazers7 05-29-2010 12:26 AM

I definitely disagree with Troy being overrated. I don't know how you can say that after the way our secondary crumbled without him last season.

~primetime~ 05-29-2010 12:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
I definitely disagree with Troy being overrated. I don't know how you can say that after the way our secondary crumbled without him last season.

I agree...that is ridiculous...

infact last year almost has me thinking that Troy is underrated if that is even possible...:lol

~primetime~ 05-29-2010 12:31 AM

Devin Hester is overrated...

one hit wonder at return, like Dante Hall.

the GOAT return man is STILL Deion...

UConnCeltics 05-29-2010 10:36 AM

Ty Branch representing UConn good stuff. I agree with them, its too bad he plays in a shithole.

Skywalker 05-29-2010 01:40 PM

good picks for the Vikings

Tito Beasley 05-29-2010 01:47 PM

prisco's a clown and that's a terrible article

Jailblazers7 05-29-2010 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~primetime~
Devin Hester is overrated...

one hit wonder at return, like Dante Hall.

the GOAT return man is STILL Deion...

Hester showed a little promise last season at WR. If they can get a real #1 reciever and put him in the slot I could see him being valuable.

QUIZZLE 05-29-2010 03:41 PM

Troy overrated? Get the fuck out. He is boss. It's hard to maintain stats when you're on the sidelines.

When he's in and healthy, he's the best safety in the league.

Who is this guy? What a steaming pile of douche.

"Even when healthy, Troy Polamalu didn't produce results in 2009."

Um... when was he healthy healthy? Like the first two games of the season. After that, the injury was still there and he was playing through it. I'm pretty sure he had a sick game against the titans on opening day with a dirty interception.

What an ignorant moron.