Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Off the Court Lounge (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Shutter Island - Spoilers (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=177888)

Doomsday Dallas 06-14-2010 03:09 AM

Shutter Island - Spoilers
 
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1130884/...nest/163276299



crazy movie right there.



So he might not of been crazy?

Doomsday Dallas 06-14-2010 03:15 AM

Re: Shutter Island - So there is a chance he wasn't crazy?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ShannonElements

You should edit the thread title, as it is a pretty big spoiler for those who haven't seen it yet.



The trailer is a spoiler.... everybody saw it coming...


I don't think he was crazy... Serious Conspiracy was really happening to him.

Timmy D for MVP 06-14-2010 03:18 AM

Re: Shutter Island - So there is a chance he wasn't crazy?
 
More importantly.

Was Ferris Bueller's Day Off all in Cameron's head?

DaniloGallinari 06-14-2010 03:45 AM

Re: Shutter Island - Spoilers
 
Too late. The thread title didn't change... :(

v-unit 06-14-2010 08:31 AM

Re: Shutter Island - So there is a chance he wasn't crazy?
 
Change the thread title douche

Knicks101 06-14-2010 08:46 AM

Re: Shutter Island - Spoilers
 
Fuck. You ruined it for me. What's next, you're going to tell everybody that Snape killed Dumbledore?

enayes 06-14-2010 10:51 AM

Re: Shutter Island - So there is a chance he wasn't crazy?
 
He was definitely crazy, the ending in the movie was slightly different then that of the book. In the book he doesn't say "Is it better to live as a monster or die as a good man?". So I'm guessing that that is what is throwing people off, I guess deliberately by the makers. But the book is always right.

niko 06-14-2010 11:01 AM

Re: Shutter Island - So there is a chance he wasn't crazy?
 
How someone watched the movie and came to the conclusion it was really a conspiracy is beyond me. Do you see only what you want to?

Doomsday Dallas 06-14-2010 11:06 AM

Re: Shutter Island - So there is a chance he wasn't crazy?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by niko
How someone watched the movie and came to the conclusion it was really a conspiracy is beyond me. Do you see only what you want to?




It's beyond on you?

Leo himself thought it was a conspiracy against him.


The woman in the cave is the key.... did you not listen to what that b*tch had to say?

Andrei89 06-14-2010 11:19 AM

Re: Shutter Island - So there is a chance he wasn't crazy?
 
He was crazy. But then he recovered.

Last scene he pretends to be insane again because he does not want to live with the guilt hence the

"Tell me something, what would you prefer?. To live as a murderer or to die as a good man?"

niko 06-14-2010 11:21 AM

Re: Shutter Island - So there is a chance he wasn't crazy?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Doomsday Dallas
It's beyond on you?

Leo himself thought it was a conspiracy against him.


The woman in the cave is the key.... did you not listen to what that b*tch had to say?

100% and they practically wrote on the bottom of the screen IT IS NOT A CONSPIRACY HE IS CRAZY.

Doomsday Dallas 06-14-2010 11:35 AM

Re: Shutter Island - So there is a chance he wasn't crazy?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by niko
100% and they practically wrote on the bottom of the screen IT IS NOT A CONSPIRACY HE IS CRAZY.



Just remember that there were NAZI's working on that Island.

enayes 06-14-2010 11:59 AM

Re: Shutter Island - So there is a chance he wasn't crazy?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrei89
He was crazy. But then he recovered.

Last scene he pretends to be insane again because he does not want to live with the guilt hence the

"Tell me something, what would you prefer?. To live as a murderer or to die as a good man?"



100% WRONG. He does not pretend to be insane. And like I said before, they added that last line in the movie, it was not in the book. The story is the book.

macmac 06-14-2010 12:13 PM

Re: Shutter Island - So there is a chance he wasn't crazy?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by enayes
100% WRONG. He does not pretend to be insane. And like I said before, they added that last line in the movie, it was not in the book. The story is the book.


Well that line leads us to believe that he was in fact pretending at the end so he wouldn't have to live with the guilt. So if that line was movie-exclusive then you can't really say the story is the book, because they made a few distinctions.

hateraid 06-14-2010 12:18 PM

Re: Shutter Island - So there is a chance he wasn't crazy?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by macmac
Well that line leads us to believe that he was in fact pretending at the end so he wouldn't have to live with the guilt. So if that line was movie-exclusive then you can't really say the story is the book, because they made a few distinctions.



That's what I thought happened in the end.
Initially I beleive he was in denial and had a supressed memory but was rehabed.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:31 AM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy