Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Houston Rockets Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   So people on the NBA forum think JJ is better than Yao (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=180533)

RocketGreatness 07-01-2010 06:50 PM

So people on the NBA forum think JJ is better than Yao

even when he's healthy and some idiot Rocket fan said that. :oldlol: fatboy11, moron.

Q.E.C 07-01-2010 10:45 PM

Re: So people on the NBA forum think JJ is better than Yao

What is the world coming to? My friend tried to tell me Sasha Vujacic is better than a prime T-Mac.

YouGotServed 07-02-2010 02:02 PM

The argument they use is very valid though, Yao is always injured...so GMs would rather have JJ. When healthy, Yao is obviously better, but Yao is a part time worker.

YouGotServed 07-02-2010 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Q.E.C
What is the world coming to? My friend tried to tell me Sasha Vujacic is better than a prime T-Mac.

Now that's just flat out ridiculous, he probably just wanted to get you mad. :roll:

Q.E.C 07-03-2010 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YouGotServed
The argument they use is very valid though, Yao is always injured...so GMs would rather have JJ. When healthy, Yao is obviously better, but Yao is a part time worker.

I didn't see the thread but it always makes more sense to take someone who his healthy over someone who isn't, but JJ Redick hasn't done anything that makes him a better player than Yao. Plus you can't compare them because they play 2 different positions.

YouGotServed 07-03-2010 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Q.E.C
I didn't see the thread but it always makes more sense to take someone who his healthy over someone who isn't, but JJ Redick hasn't done anything that makes him a better player than Yao. Plus you can't compare them because they play 2 different positions.

I think OP was talking about Joe Johnson, :lol JJ Redick isn't even half the player Yao is, guy is a 6th men, at best.

Q.E.C 07-04-2010 05:19 AM

Quote:

I think OP was talking about Joe Johnson, :lol JJ Redick isn't even half the player Yao is, guy is a 6th men, at best.

Ooops lol, well yea I still agree, I don't think he's better, but like I said, you can't really compare these two because of their positions.

RocketGreatness 07-05-2010 10:26 PM

I meant Joe Johnson, but QEC you agree that Yao is better right?

Q.E.C 07-06-2010 03:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RocketGreatness

Of course. Yao Ming is an allstar, and arguably the best big man in the league right now. Joe Johnson isn't considered 1 of the best at his position.

mattevans11 07-08-2010 02:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RocketGreatness

yao is of course better, but i didnt see the thread. i htink there is a case for a gm wanting JJ over yao.... but absolutely not for the same price.... JJ is not a max player while yao is....

of course yao is not the healthiest thing around but i would not take many people in the nba over him if i were a gm.

a healthy yao impacts the game on both ends of the floor like few other guys in the leauge do

Q.E.C 07-08-2010 02:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mattevans11
yao is of course better, but i didnt see the thread. i htink there is a case for a gm wanting JJ over yao.... but absolutely not for the same price.... JJ is not a max player while yao is....

of course yao is not the healthiest thing around but i would not take many people in the nba over him if i were a gm.

a healthy yao impacts the game on both ends of the floor like few other guys in the leauge do

Plus I would rather build a team around Yao than Joe Johnson.

YouGotServed 07-11-2010 12:43 AM

If you guys posted these comments in the NBA forum you would get crushed by the Dwight fanboys...lol

mattevans11 07-11-2010 12:47 AM

Quote:

If you guys posted these comments in the NBA forum you would get crushed by the Dwight fanboys...lol

the NBA forum? does that still exist?

YouGotServed 07-14-2010 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mattevans11
the NBA forum? does that still exist?

Yes, you have to be mentally strong if you want to post there.

Q.E.C 07-15-2010 07:04 AM

Quote:

Yes, you have to be mentally strong if you want to post there.

I thought you had to be a LeBron or Kobe fan lol.