Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Chicago Bulls Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Amare a Knick, where does that leave D. Lee? (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=181127)

Abe Frohman 07-05-2010 07:25 PM

Amare a Knick, where does that leave D. Lee?

Was this a good move for the Knicks? I dont think it will have bearing on where LeBronze goes either.

I see this as a desperation move by the knicks, overpaying Stat who could very well be Allan Houston V.2.

BTW, D-Wade changed his FB pic from being in a heat uniform to plain clothes. Im thinking the possibility is becoming more and more likely he comes to Chicago. The main reason being (and yes it sounds dumb). His kids live in Chicago.

If Im wrong, oh well

Rose 07-05-2010 08:04 PM

Re: Amare a Knick, where does that leave D. Lee?

Yeah they WAY overpaid for Amare. I really think LeBronze still does what he wants to do regardless of that move. However I think that means they've abandoned hopes of getting him.

Personally I think Wade is just having fun with the media, but more importantly is telling Riley he's willing to go if he doesn't get him some help ASAP.

I think IF LeBronze stays in cleveland and since Bosh would then go to Miami...That would mean we get stuck with Lee, since Riley would go after Boozer to be his center.

2010splash 07-05-2010 08:10 PM

Third rate talents like David Lee mean nothing to the Bulls. Being the third biggest market in the league and already having dumped Hinrich for cap space, the Bulls' real goal should be 1) LeBron 2) Wade.

All this crap about how David Lee and Mike Miller or Anthony Morrow would be a good offseason just needs to stop. It would be an epic fail. Sure they'd be better, but basically this year's Hawks... nothing but a pretender.

Go hard after LeBron. If he says no, Wade.

IN-PAX-WE-TRUST 07-05-2010 08:11 PM

He could retire for all I care. Lee doesn't make us a top team in the East. Waste of $.

methusala 07-05-2010 08:51 PM

SMDH at the Gold Fever in this thread.

Waste of money? Hyperbole out your ass.

wildeman 07-05-2010 10:02 PM

This is the most over hyped off season ever! So far only one big guy moved. Dirk, perice, johnson is staying. Lebron and wade are most likely staying. Bosh wants his 6 years and toronto wants nothing the bulls or heat have. So unless wade or lebron makes the most unexpected move than amare will be the big name who moved...yikes!!

Abe Frohman 07-05-2010 10:47 PM

Theres been so much David Lee cocksucking in this forum before and now that nobody is sure where Boozer or Bosh are going youre all hating on him. Lee is a beast. You give the kid a change of scenery where he has the opportunity to win and youll see great things from him. Lee and Noah would be one of the illest frontcourts in the league.

New York is a black hole and a joke of an organization. Id love to get Lee on this team, at least hes not a Boozer or what Bosh is turning out to be, just there for the check.

methusala 07-05-2010 11:02 PM

It's gotten to the point where it's actually pretty sad.

Nothin but a bunch of young pups chasin the hoes with the biggest fake tits in the room. And if they get turned down, to hell with everyone else.

Crystallas 07-05-2010 11:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Abe Frohman
Theres been so much David Lee cocksucking in this forum before and now that nobody is sure where Boozer or Bosh are going youre all hating on him. Lee is a beast. You give the kid a change of scenery where he has the opportunity to win and youll see great things from him. Lee and Noah would be one of the illest frontcourts in the league.

New York is a black hole and a joke of an organization. Id love to get Lee on this team, at least hes not a Boozer or what Bosh is turning out to be, just there for the check.

I agree completely. Lee is solid.

ljsbb27 07-06-2010 12:12 AM

The team is doing their best in trying to get the best possible players in here. If they don't come let's not be so quick to jump on the front office and blame them for it all. I think they're doing a good job and if the guys don't come then it was just because they simply decided not to. We can still have a successful offseason without getting any of the top 3 guys. Of course i'd love if we did get any of those guys, but if we don't we still need to improve the team and with our cap space and the guys available out there it can still be done.

If we can't get Chris Bosh than David Lee would be the guy I'd want starting at the power forward spot for us next to Noah. That duo would have more rebounds than any other Center-PF duo in the league. And our Bulls would be one of the best if not the best rebounding team in the league.

IN-PAX-WE-TRUST 07-06-2010 01:11 AM

Yes. A waste of money. Lee does not fit our team. Bulls already have a rebounding, energy guy in Noah. Lee is a 16/10 guy. They need a 22/10 guy. Lee's a nice player, but Bulls aren't much closer to a title with him.

I agree. If Lebron and Wade stay then this is the most overhyped, pointless offseason. It would look like it was an attempt to feed their egos if those 2 guys stay.

ILLEFEX 07-06-2010 01:49 AM

the bulls can put the biggest and the best presentation ever...but, most of the time it doesn't even matter...the players knows already what or where he wants to go...so, the bulls can give their best...if bron or wade or even bosh don't wanna come here....then, we just gotta settle for whoever is left..

methusala 07-06-2010 02:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IN-PAX-WE-TRUST
Yes. A waste of money. Lee does not fit our team. Bulls already have a rebounding, energy guy in Noah. Lee is a 16/10 guy. They need a 22/10 guy. Lee's a nice player, but Bulls aren't much closer to a title with him.

Lol Wut? There is no such thing as too much inside depth. Lee was 20/12 on a team that had Jack and Shit for a supporting cast and he showed up every single night ready for battle. Dude's a ballplayer. Which is something you don't see much in today's game.

So since he's a waste of money, should they just sign no one if they miss on Bosh/Boozer? Just say "ahh fuc* it. We tried." And go about their business?

I'm really having a hard time comprehending what you just said. There's such a thing of having too many high energy/rebound guys in the middle? Isn't the point of the game to get the ball back as many times as possible so you can score?

Look, ain't nobody saying he's the perfect player for this team. But he's a pretty got damn good piece to have. I'd go to war with him every night and not think twice about it.

It's time to stop acting so butthurt because a bunch of rumors aren't painting the pretties picture right now. Only Amar'e has signed, and he was a slim shot to come to Chicago anyway. ***** about how goes where when people actually sign. Until then, stop acting like David Lee is trash. He's a pretty damn good player and you're a fool if you think otherwise.

Quote:

I agree. If Lebron and Wade stay then this is the most overhyped, pointless offseason. It would look like it was an attempt to feed their egos if those 2 guys stay.

Right. And the media, fans, and teams cutting cap had nothing to do with the hype at all. None whatsoever.

ljsbb27 07-06-2010 08:18 AM

David Lee may be best known for being a high energy rebounding type of player, but he is not limited to that. He worked on his outside shower alot and it improved drastically. He has a nice 15-17 foot jumpshot that has become respectable. He is also pretty quick with a pretty nice handle for a big guy. He's active defensively, always gives his all, and I have no doubt in my mind that he would improve defensively under Thibs (I expect our whole team to improve defensively-and im especially interested in seeing how good of a defender DRose is going to become). Lee is also a good finisher around the basket and a pretty good free throw shooter. He also has never had any major injuries and has missed very few games in his entire career. All in all he's a guy that will never quit on your team and he is always working to improve. If we can't get Chris Bosh... David Lee has to be the guy at PF.

game385 07-06-2010 12:26 PM

I can see David Lee being used in a sign n trade with San Antonio for Tony Parker. Either way, he's likely the 3rd big man on the Bulls list right now. I'll take Boozer if Bosh goes elsewhere.