Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Los Angeles Clippers Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Brian Cook A Clipper (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=182351)

qrich 07-09-2010 04:37 PM

Brian Cook A Clipper

Quote:

Clippers sign forward Brian Cook to two-year deal worth about $2.5 million, a league source told Yahoo! Sports.

http://twitter.com/SpearsNBAYahoo/status/18145644345

Wow, seriously? What is the point of going after Cook when Novak would have been cheaper and is better shooter?

HORRIBLE SIGNING

ihatetimthomas 07-09-2010 07:45 PM

Re: Brian Cook A Clipper?

Why is it that Novak got no PT at the end of the season? Even in blowouts?

ZeN 07-09-2010 07:49 PM

I love Novak.. I despise Cook.. Nuff Said.

SoCalMike 07-09-2010 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by qrich
HORRIBLE SIGNING

I could not agree more.. He was horrible with the Lakers, and had a bad attitude. He constantly got into it with the coaches as well. And for two years??? wow.

:pimp:

TryToBeUnbias 07-09-2010 10:12 PM

Im sorry but LOL

EllEffEll 07-10-2010 02:05 AM

WTF? :no: This is not a good signing. I'm disappointed for true Clipper fans.

I actually have decent hopes for the Clippers this season. I'm excited to see Blake G. get after it.

winningfreak 07-10-2010 02:41 AM

Funny my account representative today took the time to call me and ask why I choose to cancel my seats this morning ( wanted over 5 grand for next season for mid level corner seats ) and found out I wasn't the only one not really planning to be at staples center to much next season. This off season has been just a huge disaster. I will still be a Clippers fan and will get to some games this year but after sitting through 19 win and 29 win season to find out we blew our chance at about 10 big name free agents, gave away Marcus Camby for now nothing, got an alright backup point gard after loosing a great backup plus an undersized small forward ( we already had a better one in Craig Smith! ) with Ryan Gomez. I'm sorry but the owner of this team really does not care. It seems like he just wants to put the bare minimum into the team to try and sell tickets while still being able to brag that he owns an nba franchise. Shoulden't be to long until the Dodgers are in the same seats. Sterling and Mccort what a couple. :violin: LA sports sucks other than the lakers and they just over charge there tickets so much that the average fan cannot afford to go to there games.

Just my rant.

gts 07-10-2010 03:08 AM

well clippers fans i have nothing to say except sorry... i have no idea what the clipps are thinking... cook must have candid photos of someone in the organization.. it's the only thing that makes sense

dab0yech0 07-10-2010 06:17 AM

We must really want Blake Griffin to have his confidence sky high. I mean hes gonna totally sh!t on Cook everyday in practice. There is no other way to explain this. Olshey must have his eyes on someone in 2 yrs because we have some expirers now in 2 yrs.

ZeN 07-10-2010 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dab0yech0
We must really want Blake Griffin to have his confidence sky high. I mean hes gonna totally sh!t on Cook everyday in practice. There is no other way to explain this. Olshey must have his eyes on someone in 2 yrs because we have some expirers now in 2 yrs.

I admire your finding a silver lining even if its a stretch.. :oldlol:

Kobe8 07-10-2010 03:54 PM

Actually , In My Defense It is a good catch.. He might hog the ball a lot but his size for a guy can actually shoot. I Kinda like his game when he was with the lakers but his attitude with the lakers was HORRID.

I Know this isnt a movie but iLL Rate it as 3.5/5

Good Day.

qrich 07-10-2010 06:03 PM

Well, this means that either Craig Smith isn't coming back or Sofoklis wasn't signed/will be traded. I'm hoping for the latter and it's probably the former. But let's be honest here, Cook might be a scrub but at have to look on his positives, he has a good jump shot and decent size, and its only a 2-year contract, might as well give him a shot

DKLaker 07-14-2010 01:32 PM

Re: Brian Cook A Clipper

WT F Clippers???? Cook would be overpaid at $500k per year.
And you fired Baylor as GM.......lol.

ZeN 07-14-2010 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DKLaker
WT F Clippers???? Cook would be overpaid at $500k per year.
And you fired Baylor as GM.......lol.

quit rubbing it in man..

DKLaker 07-26-2010 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZeN
quit rubbing it in man..

Not rubbing it in bro, i'm very disappointed.
I keep waiting for this thing to get heated up like our old rivalry with the Kings......I mean seriously, how hot would it be to have a Lakers Vs. Clippers WCF....with of course every game at the Staples Center......the crowd rocking with purple and gold and blue and red ........that would be amazing wouldn't it?
So when I see money wasted on scrubs it upsets me because I don't see it happening with getting guys like that.