Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   College and High School Basketball Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Baylor Bears on the Rise (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=187007)

Snoop_Cat 08-11-2010 10:40 AM

Baylor Bears on the Rise

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/basketb...n=ncaab-261324

Chalk me down as part of the Baylor bandwagon.. what Drew and his crew have been able to do as a program after the whole Baylor incident with the NCAA is incredible. The article also mentions that in addition to Isiah Austin (the number 2 prospect of 2012), they're garnering consideration from many other top prospects.

Can anyone describe Austin's game to me, from the sounds of the article, he sounds like another soft, shooting big man...

HisJoeness 08-11-2010 02:31 PM

Re: Baylor Bears on the Rise

Ye$ Baylor Men'$ Ba$ketball i$ certainly on the ri$e. . .

Rowe 08-11-2010 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HisJoeness
Ye$ Baylor Men'$ Ba$ketball i$ certainly on the ri$e. . .

This.

Its good to see a basketball program put their money where their mouth is.

TheGame414 08-11-2010 07:05 PM

I know we've talked a lot about cheating the last week or so......so a thread about Baylor fits right in.

Snoop_Cat 08-12-2010 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheGame414
I know we've talked a lot about cheating the last week or so......so a thread about Baylor fits right in.

zing.

i'm not familiar with happened at baylor, could someone inform me?

also, wasn't drew hired post scandal? if so, his new regime and what he's done is pretty damn impressive. Perry Jones is going to kill this year. First team all Big 12. Book it.

fatboy11 08-12-2010 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snoop_Cat
zing.

also, wasn't drew hired post scandal? if so, his new regime and what he's done is pretty damn impressive. Perry Jones is going to kill this year. First team all Big 12. Book it.

They pay for players.

Rowe 08-12-2010 12:26 PM

Quote:

zing.

They're locking down Texas for various reasons. Same concerns with what people alleged goes on with Caliparri, there are some benefactors who are getting money to players. The same is going on with their Womens basketball program too.

They hired John Wall's AAU Coach to get him, hes left since then. They've hired Jerome Tang, a HS coach with a lot of connections who is banned from the prep ranks after scandals came out with his program.

TheGame414 08-12-2010 06:10 PM

Quote:

zing.

Yes he was hired after Dave Bliss tried to cover up one of his players covered up a murder. That was a massive scandal. Drew's more your garden-variety, purchase-high-school-basketball-players type. The Mount Rushmore of current cheaters among college coaches would be Scott Drew, John Calipari (duh), Rick Stansbury and...well, I'd have to think about the last one. Everyone would shout me down as being some sort of bitter fan (I'm not) if I nominated Bill Self, even though he'd certainly be a candidate.

HisJoeness 08-12-2010 06:20 PM

Quote:

Yes he was hired after Dave Bliss tried to cover up one of his players covered up a murder. That was a massive scandal. Drew's more your garden-variety, purchase-high-school-basketball-players type. The Mount Rushmore of current cheaters among college coaches would be Scott Drew, John Calipari (duh), Rick Stansbury and...well, I'd have to think about the last one. Everyone would shout me down as being some sort of bitter fan (I'm not) if I nominated Bill Self, even though he'd certainly be a candidate.

I'll say it then.

BILL SELF IS A KNOWN CHEATER!!!!

AxionJaxion 08-12-2010 06:25 PM

Dave Bliss is the biggest piece of trash to ever coach an NCAA basketball team.

Scott Drew's not far behind. Ask any B12 coach.

HisJoeness 08-12-2010 06:25 PM

How could I forget about Jimmy C-Note?

InspiredLebowski 08-12-2010 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AxionJaxion
Dave Bliss is the biggest piece of trash to ever coach an NCAA basketball team.

Scott Drew's not far behind. Ask any B12 coach.

Paying for guys is one thing. What Bliss did is a disgusting act that should have landed him in jail. They aren't comparable.

Hawker 08-12-2010 08:30 PM

Ya, and it makes me sick. Waco is one of the worst cities in the world. They have to be paying for these players.

UConnCeltics 08-13-2010 09:55 AM

Maybe Baylor will outbid UK for that guy out of Chicago.

JMT 10-18-2010 06:02 PM

Quote:

Bruce Pearl should be the center piece around which the monument is constructed.

I know, I know...not every slimeball is a cheater, and not every cheater is a slimeball. So maybe Pearl's more slimeball than cheater. But I can live with it.