Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   College and High School Basketball Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Isiah Thomas Is An Unbelievable Recruiter (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=190764)

Rowe 09-20-2010 04:59 PM

Isiah Thomas Is An Unbelievable Recruiter

He now has 2 guys ranked in the ESPNU 100, along with 2 other solid guys in Coleman and Ngirabakunzi for 2011. Hes expected to get Walter Pitchford, former DePaul commit for the 2010 class.

He also brought in a Top 30 class in 2010 behind Ross-Miller and Ferguson.

Now hes going to use his 2 remaining scholarships to target Rakeem Christmas and someone else.

Seems like he was meant for college basketball coaching younger guys rather than dealing with nba vets and trying to build a team.

Rowe 09-20-2010 05:01 PM

Re: Isiah Thomas Is An Unbelievable Recruiter

Hes doing this despite the fact FIU basically plays in a HS gym. :oldlol:

TheGame414 09-20-2010 05:32 PM

And I refuse to believe any of it means anything. We could be reasonably sure that a few foolish, talented players would be wooed by Isiah. It was never reasonable to assume any of it would matter, and I still don't think it will.

I especially don't believe that Rakeem Christmas is going to decommit from Syracuse to attend Florida International.

How does it seem he was meant to coach college? What's he proven?

chips93 09-20-2010 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rowe
He now has 2 guys ranked in the ESPNU 100, along with 2 other solid guys in Coleman and Ngirabakunzi for 2011. Hes expected to get Walter Pitchford, former DePaul commit for the 2010 class.

He also brought in a Top 30 class in 2010 behind Ross-Miller and Ferguson.

Now hes going to use his 2 remaining scholarships to target Rakeem Christmas and someone else.

Seems like he was meant for college basketball coaching younger guys rather than dealing with nba vets and trying to build a team.

hope isiah does well, i always felt he got a bad rap because the media kind of turned on him

btw rakeem christmas signed with syracuse i think

Rowe 09-21-2010 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheGame414
And I refuse to believe any of it means anything. We could be reasonably sure that a few foolish, talented players would be wooed by Isiah. It was never reasonable to assume any of it would matter, and I still don't think it will.

I especially don't believe that Rakeem Christmas is going to decommit from Syracuse to attend Florida International.

How does it seem he was meant to coach college? What's he proven?

Well in comparison to the rest of that conference. Just those talented players alone will give him the edge over everyone else in the Sun Belt.

I think his personality fits the college ranks better.

I just saw the Christmas thing on another site, he had FIU in his Top 5 because hes from the West Indies.

A.M.G. 10-15-2010 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chips93
hope isiah does well, i always felt he got a bad rap because the media kind of turned on him

btw rakeem christmas signed with syracuse i think

The media turned on him because he single-handedly drove the Knick's franchise into the ground.

TheGame414 10-16-2010 01:07 AM

Oh, and he tried to pin his overdose/possible suicide attempt on his daughter, don't forget that.

Underballer 10-16-2010 04:41 PM

Gifts

knickscity 10-16-2010 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by A.M.G.
The media turned on him because he single-handedly drove the Knick's franchise into the ground.

Happened way before the Knicks.