Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   College and High School Basketball Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Fearless Predictions Thread (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=193704)

Roy Munson 10-19-2010 09:26 PM

Fearless Predictions Thread

Post em!

-Mike Davis will lead the Big Ten in rebounds.
-Ryan Harrow will have a better freshman season for NC State than C.J. Leslie.
-Memphis will win more games than Kentucky.
-Harrison Barnes will not take the world by storm like so many are predicting. I see too much Luol Deng in his game.
-Jackie Carmichael will be the next big man from a mid-major to really turn some heads.
-Kansas St. and Mizzou will be the top two teams in the Big 12 at the end of the season.

UConnCeltics 10-23-2010 09:05 AM

Re: Fearless Predictions Thread

-UConn will finish in the top 5 of the Big East.
- Kemba Walker will win the NPOY.

TheGame414 10-23-2010 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UConnCeltics
-UConn will finish in the top 5 of the Big East.
- Kemba Walker will win the NPOY.

He said "fearless predictions," not "totally insane."

disco 10-26-2010 10:10 AM

- Both Atlantic 10 and Mountain West get more NCAA bids than Pac 10, and one of them also more than SEC.

- Two teams named Wildcats will make it to the Elite 8, and neither is Kentucky (K-State and Villanova) [erm...not that fearless, I meant to say Final Four, but that could be too much]

- Despite expected to have down years, Louisville, UConn and West Virginia will all make the NCAA Tournament

- Kemba Walker will indeed be the player of the year (like UConnCeltics predicted predicted), but in Big East, not NCAA.

- This will be the first time in (enter the correct number) years when the All America 1st team will consist of five seniors (my picks: Lucas, Pullen, Delaney, Singler, JaJuan Johnson)

- Illinois will win Big 10 and be a number 1 seed.

Maize'N'Blue 10-26-2010 09:46 PM

- Illinois wins the Big 10 title.
- E'Twaun Moore wins the Big 10 MVP.
- Tim Hardaway, Jr. wins Big 10 Freshmen of the Year.

That's all I got.

KG215 10-26-2010 11:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maize'N'Blue
- Michigan State wins the Big 10 title.

That's not a fearless prediction. They're the preseason favorites to win the Big 10 and the preseason #2 team in the nation. You're not really going out on a limb by saying Michigan State will win the Big 10 title.

HisJoeness 10-27-2010 01:54 AM

Maryland will land Antwan Space, Baru and Hubert.

:oldlol:

fatboy11 10-27-2010 10:13 AM

- Arkansas wins the SEC West.
- Arkansas makes it to the Final Four of the NIT.
- Marshawn Powell wins SEC Player of the Year.
- Rotnei Clarke breaks his own record of 13 3 pointers made in a game during non-conference play.
- National Champions = Michigan State.
- Florida tops Kentucky to win the SEC East.
- Kentucky does not make it to the Sweet Sixteen.
- Missouri goes to the Final Four.

HisJoeness 10-27-2010 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fatboy11
- Arkansas wins the SEC West.
- Arkansas makes it to the Final Four of the NIT.
- Marshawn Powell wins SEC Player of the Year.
- Rotnei Clarke breaks his own record of 13 3 pointers made in a game during non-conference play.
- National Champions = Michigan State.
- Florida tops Kentucky to win the SEC East.
- Kentucky does not make it to the Sweet Sixteen.
- Missouri goes to the Final Four.

The SEC Weest can't be that bad. If Arkansas wins it, I'm pretty sure they'll make the big tourney.

fatboy11 10-27-2010 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HisJoeness
The SEC Weest can't be that bad. If Arkansas wins it, I'm pretty sure they'll make the big tourney.

Mississippi State won it last year and didn't make the NCAA tournament. It's pretty bad.

Maize'N'Blue 10-27-2010 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KG215
That's not a fearless prediction. They're the preseason favorites to win the Big 10 and the preseason #2 team in the nation. You're not really going out on a limb by saying Michigan State will win the Big 10 title.

That's true. I guess I didn't really read close enough, I thought we were just posting our predictions.
In that case I'd say Illinois. But my other predictions stay.

KG215 10-27-2010 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HisJoeness

The SEC West is awful. There are four teams in the SEC East that would probably win the West this year and the other two (Vandy and South Carolina) could probably compete for 2nd and maybe even 1st.

I'm still not sure why the SEC still insists on going to a divisional alignment in basketball. No other conference does so that I'm aware of. The ACC and Big 12 just have 1-12 standings, which is what the SEC should do.

chips93 10-28-2010 07:13 PM

perry jones will disappoint a lot of people and Baylor will suck with dunn

TheGame414 10-28-2010 11:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KG215
The SEC West is awful. There are four teams in the SEC East that would probably win the West this year and the other two (Vandy and South Carolina) could probably compete for 2nd and maybe even 1st.

I'm still not sure why the SEC still insists on going to a divisional alignment in basketball. No other conference does so that I'm aware of. The ACC and Big 12 just have 1-12 standings, which is what the SEC should do.

I'm actually not sure how the ACC does their basketball schedule, because like every other non-ACC fan, I couldn't even tell you what their football divisions are. I know it's Atlantic and Coastal, but the teams in each? No chance.

But the Big XII does do their basketball schedule by the football divisions: that is, the South teams play each other twice each and play the North teams once, alternating home/away each year. Kinda devalues the regular season championship, which is my concern with the Big Ten's expansion, but that's life as a basketball fan when football rules all. (Not that I don't love football too, but you know what I mean.)

KG215 10-29-2010 01:56 AM

I''m fine ith non-divisional basketball if they find the fairest way to make sure a balanced rotating schedule is in place. The ACC has a format where every team plays 3 teams at home only, 3 teams on the road only, and 5 teams home and away.

Now, rivalries are kept in-tact and someone like NC State gets screwed because they play UNC and Wake Forest twice a year every year.