Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Fantasy Basketball Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Calderon starter again? (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=198072)

sportin_life 11-20-2010 02:07 PM

Calderon starter again?

From Rotoworld:

Quote:

The Raptors have agreed in principle to trade Jarrett Jack, David Andersen and Marcus Banks to the Hornets for Peja Stojakovic and Jerryd Bayless.

Does this mean that Calderon is starting again? Is he a must grab in all leagues? I dumped Bledsoe for him in 2 of my leagues (since Baron's coming back in a week anyway).

When Calderon was starting pre-Jarrett Jack, he had 3rd round value. What do you guys think?

What about Peja? Is he going to have a role in TO?

chuckyboy34 11-20-2010 02:11 PM

Re: Calderon starter again?

jose will be given every chance to duplicate his sucess in his pre-jack days. his sheer potential means he should be grabbed in all leagues. bledsoe is well worth the drop. peja shouldnt get too much touches as toronto already have a platoon of sg/sf with 3 point capability. i would stay away because of his health and age issues.

benJAMin 11-20-2010 08:39 PM

Calderon is worth an add in all formats based on his current situation. Whether he puts it all back together is another question, but I would drop Bledsoe for him all day just for the potential and opportunity.

Beebo 11-22-2010 11:21 PM

Calderon has been playing well recently, but how long will it last?? I'm not confident that he can go back playing like he did a couple of years ago.

Also I doubt Peja will get much playing time.

jones900 11-22-2010 11:36 PM

I would give Calderon a chance over Bledsoe in a second. His ceiling is Nash or Kidd like. I doubt he'll be that good, but his 2008 numbers were close, and it is possible. I'd be surprised if he finishes outside of the top 100.

crazybob60 12-02-2010 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jones900
I would give Calderon a chance over Bledsoe in a second. His ceiling is Nash or Kidd like. I doubt he'll be that good, but his 2008 numbers were close, and it is possible. I'd be surprised if he finishes outside of the top 100.

I don't know if I totally agree there....I would have kept Bledsoe over Calderon.

And I would stay as far away from Peja as possible.

lolbear 12-06-2010 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crazybob60
I don't know if I totally agree there....I would have kept Bledsoe over Calderon.

And I would stay as far away from Peja as possible.

you must've missed calderon show 2 years ago, his stats are ultra efficient and his potential to do that again >>>>>> what bledsoe can accomplish this year.

sportin_life 12-09-2010 03:16 AM

Calderon looks solid as a starter, good for12/8 w/ a three and a steal on high FG%. I don't get what's going on w/ his FT%, he was shooting 90% a couple seasons ago... Probably one of the biggest waiver steals of the season for me, especially since I was hurting badly for a guard and assists in that league.