Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   New York Knicks Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Amar'e Stoudemire Fan Thread (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=198816)

knickscity 11-25-2010 07:43 PM

Amar'e Stoudemire Fan Thread

Props Franchize.

Post your Stat business right here.

Praise him, rip him. Cuss him if need be.

I will kick it off.

I thought when Stat ripped his team mates for all that losing, they were gonna fold.

Surprised me, by playing inspired ball.

The Leader need to take charge and he did.

But he needs to own up to all them damn turnovers.

And I want him more near the rim. Better chance of and and-1 situation under the goal than 20 feet away.

His rebounding isn't a major concern to me, as long he hits around 8-10 a game.

I think he is finding his stride, I'm quite happy with him at the moment.

Bano114 11-25-2010 07:48 PM

Re: Amar'e Stoudemire Fan Thread

Quote:

Originally Posted by knickscity
Props Franchize.

Post your Stat business right here.

Praise him, rip him. Cuss him if need be.

I will kick it off.

I thought when Stat ripped his team mates for all that losing, they were gonna fold.

Surprised me, by playing inspired ball.

The Leader need to take charge and he did.

But he needs to own up to all them damn turnovers.

And I want him more near the rim. Better chance of and and-1 situation under the goal than 20 feet away.

His rebounding isn't a major concern to me, as long he hits around 8-10 a game.

I think he is finding his stride, I'm quite happy with him at the moment.

When I read this post I felt like I was reading a poem.:oldlol:

Right now he's being the leader we need him to be. He's motivating guys to do better and stepping up big in tight spots. He's been avoiding foul trouble a lot too. I can only think of one game on this 5 game streak where he was in foul trouble.

Sarcastic 11-25-2010 07:51 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S5B04Q9D-EU

earlofupstate 11-26-2010 09:55 PM

Didn't STAT throw his shoe at a water cooler after the pathetic loss to the Rockets? I know it's monday morning quarter-backing, but I think that motivated some guys. It would have motivated me.

NY-Knicks 11-27-2010 07:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by earlofupstate
Didn't STAT throw his shoe at a water cooler after the pathetic loss to the Rockets? I know it's monday morning quarter-backing, but I think that motivated some guys. It would have motivated me.

He's definitely the leader and I'm liking that. He wants to win.

NY-Knicks 11-27-2010 07:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NY Daily News
Amar'e Stoudemire talking about his defense as Knicks look to extend five-game winning streak

BY Frank Isola
DAILY NEWS SPORTS WRITER
Thursday, November 25th 2010, 4:53 PM

When Amar'e Stoudemire began exploring his free-agent options last summer he vowed to stay away from any team that didn't stress defense. And then the Knicks offered Stoudemire $100 million and amazingly he altered his priorities.

It was about this same time when Mike D'Antoni, according to team sources, had a change of heart regarding Stoudemire. As the Knicks were putting together their free-agent wish list, D'Antoni expressed serious reservations about Stoudemire during meetings with club executives. D'Antoni, having coached Stoudemire in Phoenix, felt he wasn't a franchise player who could be counted on in the fourth quarter and took possessions off on the defensive end.

But the Knicks and D'Antoni altered their strategy once it became clear that LeBron James, Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh had no intentions of making Madison Square Garden home. Suddenly, Stoudemire wasn't a bad Plan D.

The unlikely reunion of Stoudemire and D'Antoni has, for the moment, returned the Knicks to respectability. The Knicks are riding a five-game winning streak and are 8-8 overall heading into Saturday's matinee against Atlanta. And if you think Stoudemire is ready to hold a press conference with a banner "Mission Accomplished" serving as a backdrop, guess again.

Stoudemire isn't satisfied with mediocrity.

"It would be a lot worse," he said following Wednesday's 99-95 victory against Charlotte. "Being 8-8 and .500 is something that we have to improve on."

That's a refreshing attitude for the team's franchise player. Complacency has killed the Knicks in the past. Three years ago, Garden Chairman James Dolan gave Isiah Thomas a contract extension when the Knicks moved into eighth place for 24 hours in March. The club hasn't sniffed the playoffs since.

This year, however, the Knicks are an improved team, and in the watered down Eastern Conference they have the ingredients to reach the playoffs. Stoudemire gives them a legitimate star, Raymond Felton is an upgrade at point guard and in Toney Douglas, Landry Fields, Wilson Chandler and Ronnie Turiaf, the Knicks have defensive-minded players.

Stoudemire says defense is more of a priority than at any point in his career as he proved on Wednesday with six blocked shots against the Bobcats. He's still not a great one-on-one defender but Stoudemire produced the defensive play of the game by rejecting Stephen Jackson's potential go-ahead dunk with 35 seconds left after Jackson had driven past Danilo Gallinari on the perimeter.

"When trying to win ball games, defense is what does it," Stoudemire said. "Getting stops, getting rebounds ... it's imperative for me to bring that defensive intensity."

The falling out D'Antoni and Stoudemire had in Phoenix centered on D'Antoni feeling that Stoudemire lacked focus on defense. The irony of course is that D'Antoni has a reputation for not stressing defense (although he'll gladly debate anyone who says just that.)

Stoudemire doesn't argue that his reputation as a poor defensive player was well deserved and seemed to suggest that D'Antoni was indirectly responsible.

"It was fair," he said. "I was never taught defense. I just never was taught it in high school and also in the NBA."

Stoudemire added that prior to his final season with the Suns "I took it upon myself to get better defensively" and that Phoenix head coach Alvin Gentry was responsible for that new outlook.

"I've got to give it to Alvin Gentry," Stoudemire added. "He really implemented some strategies that were helpful to me. I took what I learned last year and carried it over to this year."

The Knicks are now one of the league's top shot-blocking teams and seem to have contested more shots in 16 games than they did in their previous 100. Stoudemire is now so committed to defense that late Wednesday he recited a quote from one of the NBA's greatest defensive big men.

"I once read in a book that Bill Russell says 'you will never have a perfect game but you can always pursue it,'" Stoudemire said. "It's about getting better and if we continue to look at ourselves in the mirror and understand that we have a lot of room to improve, despite having success right now, we have a great chance to get better and win games."

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/ba...t=1&pag e=all

earlofupstate 11-27-2010 09:45 AM

I don't really care for Isola, he's right up there with Berman.

But, "Those 3" in Miami decieved alot of people. Well actually Bosh didn't, but knew way beforehand what everyone was planning when they became FA's. (Including Riley) obviously Spo' didn't.

So STAT was no Plan D to me. He wasn't in the "Loop" of the 3 "buddies".

If we can get Melo this year or in free agency, I bet Miami will never sniff a ring (unless the NBA/refs help them out).

Amar'e IS making everyone better around him and usually PG's do this. So that's saying quite a bit about who he is as a player now. Our guys are gelling and it's great to witness this.

I like Mr. Walshes plan more than Riley's plan. :bowdown:

knickscity 11-27-2010 01:12 PM

Riley's plan isn't geared for this season.

They are struggling because they haven't checked in their egos at the door.

Now the Knicks are not a finished product.

I do think Walsh has a trade in him around the deadline.

I think walk made a very good choice in Stoudemire.

He is proven first option, a legit star.

I didn't think he would assume the leadership role this fast, but I like the fact he has.

franchize 11-27-2010 03:07 PM

Theyre struggling because it isnt even December and theyve been playin against teams who've been together for years.

knickscity 11-27-2010 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by franchize
Theyre struggling because it isnt even December and theyve been playin against teams who've been together for years.

Very true.

I'm just wondering...can we a ****ing game at home?

Damn, how do you come out and put up an effort like this?

I don't think Stat had a good game today.

His defense was pathetic, his personal numbers meant very little to me.

Once he picked up fouls and I have noticed this in the season so far, Stoudemire just will not defend.

Draz 11-27-2010 04:18 PM

The man deserves his props, whether you like him or not. He is a franchise player, because he took the Suns & lead them as a leader with or without Nash. He came to a desprite NY team, & was positive. Paycheck? Yes, sure he's being paid without a doubt, but, it takes courage to come to this team & city to perform under our fan system.

Other people & players are quick to judge, but he made the strong move. He's 8th in the league in going to the line. He knocks down hiw FT's, he can be the open man for hitting a open 3, he blocks when needed even though he's poor on defense, he's offensively good, has his mindset, but he needs to relax when he plays. He's been getting technicals for nothing, that could cost the game for us.

What I don't like about this guy, is that he sometimes gives up to quickly. Also, when he fouls, you think, he would know how to properly foul a guy when he's driving to the basket, he needs to wrap his arms around him preventing the shot from possibly even making the basket, he picks the foul & the player picks up the &1. As time progresses, I see him being a leader, he's on the court, telling them what to do when not needed.

He has a lot of effort, but effort cannot just be put into one person to decide if the teams a playoff contending team, he needs support. I think the problem with this team, is the lack of discapline. People like Gallo cannot be taking rushed threes, every time he's open, feels he's hot, or made one previously. Taking threes isn't going to determine who wins the ball game, making them does.

Mozgov, he is just sloppy. I think they need to bench him & put Ronny in there. He's motivation, a fan favorite, very boostful guy when it comes into giving the team the energy. Love his gamestyle. Douglas, I love his defensive abilities, his strength to fight screens, see the court with proper vision, hitting open shots. Felton has good vision, he runs plays, he's trying his hardest. Very fast, can drive to the basket.

Chandler, when he's hot, he is most definitely hot. When he's cold, it brings the team down. Fields, is very quick, grabs 7 rebounds per game I think it is averaging now. Very acrobatic.

The teams good, there's no complain on who needs to leave & who needs to play harder. It's a team effort. I think what we need is someone who puts these guys in strict leadership.

Sarcastic 11-27-2010 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by franchize

Are you referring to the CHeat or the Knicks?

earlofupstate 11-27-2010 08:08 PM

I'm hoping STAT throws his other shoe after todays game to re-focus everyone.:mad:

NY-Knicks 11-28-2010 04:41 PM

Statline of Amar'e in the win vs. Detroit:

37 points
15 rebounds
7 assists
1 block
12-20 FGM-A
13-15 FTM-A

knickscity 11-28-2010 05:09 PM

Stat played a great game today, no question about it.

He said he will lead this team, and he does it with his play.

I love his leadership, he is constantly talking to his team mates on the court.