Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   NBA Draft Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Saer Sene (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2006)

dak121 06-20-2006 09:47 AM

Saer Sene

Looks like the Bulls are 'highly' interested in the guy at #16 so might as well talk about him.

Sene's scouting report

7 ft tall, nearly 8 ft wingspan (?, that's crazy) pretty athletic for a guy his size. He's a shotblocking extraordinaire with soft hands. I'm guessing that his offensive game is a lot closer to Diop's than Olajuwon And the video on this page confirms that thought so that must be the reason why he isn't currently a lottery pick.

He looks to have a ton of defensive potential. Wouldn't mind seeing the Bulls take him.

JohnnySic 06-20-2006 09:50 AM

He's big, and size counts for a lot.

ClutchCityReturns 06-20-2006 10:12 AM

I just saw that video last night myself. First I'd ever seen of the guy, and to be honest, he looks like he could actually turn into something. At least what Diop has become for the Mavs. Dude had what, 9 or 10 blocks against that USA team in the video?

brooklynchild155 06-20-2006 10:57 AM

he could be a boog player. maybe not to much of an offensive player but he can block shots and he can rebound.

defmut 06-20-2006 12:50 PM

Saer Sene paired up with Tyson Chandler could spell trouble for other teams.

dak121 06-20-2006 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by defmut
Saer Sene paired up with Tyson Chandler could spell trouble for other teams.

It would also be a horrendous offensive pairing. But I'm going to assume that if the Bulls draft him Paxson will address the offense in free agency. Al Harrington would make a lot more sense then.

Bill Swerski 06-20-2006 03:09 PM

I never thaught of pairing the two, but in the case of having to go big defensively....:pimp:...particularly if the Bulls play a high 3-2 zone...

Since we(bulls) can't get rid of Chandler due to how much he makes,:hammerhead:
it would be great to have no lapse in interior defense when Chandler comes out.

Also, he would be more of a bargain @ #16 than others.

He hustles & works hard, dives on the floor too.

Sene is tough...:D
...not slow, weak, and akward like other african-born NBA players

the truth 06-20-2006 03:58 PM

That video was impressive. Now I know what they meant in the scouting report that he lands on the floor like a cat. He seems very light on his feet when running the floor as well. Hope he finds his way to the Raps some how but I aint holding my breath. We could sure use him though.

Side note: his standing reach of 9'5 and his standing vertical of 28.5 add up to a max height of 11'9. This bodes well for his shot-blocking and rebounding presence in the NBA. Reports also say he has good instincts for someone so raw. I'm not saying he's a sure thing but with his tools he'd have to try real hard not to be.

CJE 06-20-2006 04:08 PM

Why would Bulls leak this info?

One reason is to get someone to take him before their pick so someone else can fall to them. I hear Utah may have interest.

dwillreg 06-21-2006 03:43 PM

Saer Sene would be the perfect fit for the Suns. Sene is raw offensivly but can get up and down the court extremely well for a big man. He scores most of his points on fast breaks and dunks and is a very good shot blocker. Would be the perfect Center that the Suns have lacked in their run with Nash.