Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Off the Court Lounge (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Your thoughts on this song (non-English) (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20805)

ALBballer 12-07-2006 12:50 AM

Your thoughts on this song (non-English)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=krJBVfY_N-k

or go here(this one works better)

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...161019&q=shota

final.wrath 12-08-2006 02:00 AM

thats the most ****ed up **** ever. sound slike borat has a gangsta cousin who wants to rap.

i don't understand why europeans are attracted to the cliche gangstas rap. why don't they bring their own style.

ALBballer 12-08-2006 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by final.wrath
thats the most ****ed up **** ever. sound slike borat has a gangsta cousin who wants to rap.

i don't understand why europeans are attracted to the cliche gangstas rap. why don't they bring their own style.

It's actually a remix, using a traditional abanian song. And, I don't think this song was cliche in any way. Traditional music background, no chorus, and the song wasn't about *****es, money, and hoes (Not your fault, you wouldn't know that anyway since you don't speak albanian).

LakerRaider 12-08-2006 03:40 PM

I think they're either Turkish, Bosnian, or Albanian. I don't understand it, but I like the background music.

LakerRaider 12-08-2006 03:41 PM

Ok, they must be Albanian, because the guy at the end was holding up the Albanian crest/symbol.

final.wrath 12-08-2006 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ALBballer
It's actually a remix, using a traditional abanian song. And, I don't think this song was cliche in any way. Traditional music background, no chorus, and the song wasn't about *****es, money, and hoes (Not your fault, you wouldn't know that anyway since you don't speak albanian).

i clearly heard them say "9 millimeter". thye were also decked out in gangsta clothes. i think the only way you could like it is if you're albanian, and not just because of the language barrier.

LakerRaider 12-08-2006 06:00 PM

Quote:

i clearly heard them say "9 millimeter". thye were also decked out in gangsta clothes. i think the only way you could like it is if you're albanian, and not just because of the language barrier.

It's alright and I'm not Albanian.

final.wrath 12-08-2006 06:00 PM

Quote:

he starts off the song by saying "gangsta". then he clearly says 9 millimeter later. they are also decke dout in gangsta clothes. i don't like the mixture of whacked out albanian folksong with western rap style.

ALBballer 12-09-2006 12:14 AM

Quote:

he starts off the song by saying "gangsta". then he clearly says 9 millimeter later. they are also decke dout in gangsta clothes. i don't like the mixture of whacked out albanian folksong with western rap style.

Eh, the 3 people are just imitating the song btw, and your right he does say 9 milliter, but kinda in a free-verse type of way (basically he needed something to rhyme with) meaning the song isn't about shooting and what not.

BTW, what the hell is "western" rap? Is their an eastern rap? Second off, why shouldn't europeans rap, is it just an american thing?

ALBballer 12-09-2006 12:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LakerRaider
I think they're either Turkish, Bosnian, or Albanian. I don't understand it, but I like the background music.

Ye it is albanian, and I like the background music too. The original song is alright, but with the new background music, I really like it. I played it for my korean friend, and he asked me for the mp3, kinda weird.

final.wrath 12-09-2006 12:55 AM

Quote:

Eh, the 3 people are just imitating the song btw, and your right he does say 9 milliter, but kinda in a free-verse type of way (basically he needed something to rhyme with) meaning the song isn't about shooting and what not.

BTW, what the hell is "western" rap? Is their an eastern rap? Second off, why shouldn't europeans rap, is it just an american thing?

i just meant that rap was a western type of music. i dont know. i guess im just miffed that the euros kind of suck at rap from what i've seen. in germany it just seemed like they copied american style instead of doing somethign original. just like they (all of europe and pretty much the whole world) copy our style of movies, music, games, everything.

ALBballer 12-09-2006 01:00 PM

Quote:

i just meant that rap was a western type of music. i dont know. i guess im just miffed that the euros kind of suck at rap from what i've seen. in germany it just seemed like they copied american style instead of doing somethign original. just like they (all of europe and pretty much the whole world) copy our style of movies, music, games, everything.

America is the leader in entertainment, so of course your going to copy from the best. Everryone copies everyone else in someway, politics, fashion, cars and etc.