Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Houston Rockets Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Starting PG (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=209134)

Q.E.C 02-15-2011 06:45 PM

Starting PG

As most of you can see, Aaron Brooks looks unhappy coming off the bench. Does anyone think he needs to start now or should he continue to come off the bench?

idizzle 02-15-2011 08:29 PM

Re: Starting PG

I think he should stay coming off the bench. I like Kyle as the starting PG. He's bigger, he looks to pass the ball and I like the energy he brings on defense. Plus he's having a career year shooting the ball including from 3pt range. Aaron is cool but he's more a scoring PG while Kyle is more a traditional.

ImmortalNemesis 02-16-2011 12:28 AM

It's funny because I thought Brooks would eventually get his starting role back. I was wrong, obviously. Kyle Lowry has been playing really good basketball all season long. I like Lowry and appreciate what he does for the team, but he hasn't been that good.

The reason why Brooks is still coming off the bench is because his game is so shitty. Seriously, he doesn't produce. And Adelman won't let Brooks start unless he starts producing. Why should he, right? Lowry has been decent and Brooks has been trash. He has to earn his minutes, just like Lowry.

Honestly I think Brooks needs to stop being a little pussy and accept his role coming off the bench. You're not producing, you're playing shitty basketball. Stop b*tching, stop complaining, stop it with the attitude and play some good ball. He doesn't even have a reason to complain, because he's so far he's been trash. When he starts playing like 09-10 Aaron Brooks, then he'd have a reason to complain for coming off the bench. Until then, Aaron Brooks should STFU.

So no, I don't think Brooks should start. Reward Lowry for his hard work and hustle. Maybe Brooks can learn a little something from Lowry.

Quote:

Originally Posted by UtahJazzFan88
I'd start Lowry, he's your PG that your going to have after this season, the Rockets aren't making the playoffs (I would seriously be in shock if they did), it seems like Aaron Brooks might be on his way out, so I'd start Lowry, bring Brooks off the bench for scoring.

+1

UtahJazzFan88 02-16-2011 12:30 AM

I'd start Lowry, he's your PG that your going to have after this season, the Rockets aren't making the playoffs (I would seriously be in shock if they did), it seems like Aaron Brooks might be on his way out, so I'd start Lowry, bring Brooks off the bench for scoring.

Lowry is a short term solution for you guys though, you guys need to pick up a pure passer, and can shoot the ball at times to, but I don't think Lowry or Brooks are the long term solutions for the Rockets. Brooks has been whiny as can be lately though.

Q.E.C 02-17-2011 08:07 PM

So would anybody trade him? He's in pretty much every trade rumor that involves the Rockets.

ImmortalNemesis 02-18-2011 02:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Q.E.C
So would anybody trade him? He's in pretty much every trade rumor that involves the Rockets.

I would trade him if the opportunity presents itself. I wouldn't be upset if Brooks got traded, but I feel like Morey isn't that desperate to trade him. Which teams would risk trading for him anyway? No team is willing to give much for a 2 month Brooks rental.