Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   New York Knicks Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Farewell to the youngsters...... (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=210009)

knickscity 02-21-2011 10:40 PM

Farewell to the youngsters......

I wish them the best of luck.

Gallo........shine guy, grow into the player you're capable of.
Felton......you know this isn't personal, good luck guy.
Chandler...good luck Silent Assassin.
Mozzie....I'm gonna miss you the most man.

On a side note:

Never would I believe the day when Eddy Curry's big, fat, worthless ass finally left the New York Knicks.

:cheers:

knickballer 02-21-2011 10:51 PM

Re: Farewell to the youngsters......

Seriously im about to cry right now..

Are we seriously giving up all the whole roster for Carmelo Anthony.. I don't want to see Gallo leave.. He was the only player that actually gave a damn and gave it his all. It wasn't his fault Felton never passed him the ball.

I hope he becomes the next superstar..

knickscity 02-21-2011 11:02 PM

Pointguard 02-21-2011 11:46 PM

I didn't really believe Mozgov was in the conversation. Dang, we went there. Different look and play now. Wow.

Draz 02-21-2011 11:53 PM

Well I for one glad it's over with

Sarcastic 02-21-2011 11:56 PM

Sad to see them go, and I wish them the best of luck in their new ventures.

bluechox2 02-22-2011 12:34 AM

so long youngeons

MightyWhitey 02-22-2011 12:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by knickballer
Seriously im about to cry right now..

Are we seriously giving up all the whole roster for Carmelo Anthony.. I don't want to see Gallo leave.. He was the only player that actually gave a damn and gave it his all. It wasn't his fault Felton never passed him the ball.

I hope he becomes the next superstar..

Role Players. That's all they were. And their positions were re-filled by role players. Why is it so hard to understand that consistency makes someone a star. Not a coach's pet who chucks 3 pointers at the most inappropriate times during a game. Sure he had his moments but Carmelo far outshines him and the rest of those role players, including Will the Thrill. I guess someone out there is instilling the belief that the NYK pre-Melo team was bound for a title sometime between here and 2020 :facepalm

Clutch 02-22-2011 01:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by knickscity
I wish them the best of luck.

Gallo........shine guy, grow into the player you're capable of.
Felton......you know this isn't personal, good luck guy.
Chandler...good luck Silent Assassin.
Mozzie....I'm gonna miss you the most man.

On a side note:

Never would I believe the day when Eddy Curry's big, fat, worthless ass finally left the New York Knicks.

:cheers:

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

I will miss Gallo the most.

GALLO
Good luck Gallo,because of you I will start to watch Denver a little more.
I hope you will make a great career and one day even be a superstar.
You played for Knicks with heart and that's what it matters most.
You will get loud ovations in the MSG every time you come.

FELTON

Good luck man.
I didn't have the best opinion about you point guard skills but I wish you all the best.
I hope you will finally learn pick and roll and become one of the best point guards in the league (also highly unlikely).

CHANDLER

You would be gone after this season but never mind.
Good luck,I hope you will get a lot of money in this years free-agency :lol

MOZGOV
Good luck man,in the last few games you became a fan favorite.
I hope you will grow up to a very good starting center.

Jasi 02-22-2011 03:44 AM

Gallo, see you in an All-Star Jersey very soon.
You know how much I believe in you.
I hope Karl will believe in you too.
I won't be able to watch your games live anymore, DAMN!!! Denver's games are too late at night for me! :mad:

EDIT I hear rumours of him being shipped over to Nets or Clips or Raptors?

NY-Knicks 02-22-2011 05:56 AM

Wish them the best, but some of you guys are overreacting. Do you honestly feel that Gallo will ever be on Carmelo's level?

And we definitely got an upgrade at PG, even if it is for the short term. Expect Raymond to do a whole lot worse in Denver.

I hope Gallo and Timofey have great careers, they are very promising but I don't mind seeing them go in exchange for Carmelo. Unfortunately we hardly have any big men left.

As you all know I hate seeing Wilson go, but who didn't expect that. He's still one of my favorite players and I hope he does great in Denver and cashes in one big fat contract this summer. Go fly, Willy McFly!

NY-Knicks 02-22-2011 05:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jasi
Gallo, see you in an All-Star Jersey very soon.
You know how much I believe in you.
I hope Karl will believe in you too.
I won't be able to watch your games live anymore, DAMN!!! Denver's games are too late at night for me! :mad:

EDIT I hear rumours of him being shipped over to Nets or Clips or Raptors?

I would like to see him in a Clippers uniform, he could do some great stuff there. Their 3 position isn't solidified and he could grow with the rest of that team. Clippers would be a great destination for Gallo.

Jasi 02-22-2011 05:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NY-Knicks
I would like to see him in a Clippers uniform, he could do some great stuff there. Their 3 position isn't solidified and he could grow with the rest of that team. Clippers would be a great destination for Gallo.

Indeed.
On the other hand in Denver he could be the main option and show his potential.
We'll see

And no I don't think Gallo will ever be on Melo's level of course, but I still think he's All-Star material so I'm sad we've lost him.

NY-Knicks 02-22-2011 06:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jasi
Indeed.
On the other hand in Denver he could be the main option and show his potential.
We'll see

And no I don't think Gallo will ever be on Melo's level of course, but I still think he's All-Star material so I'm sad we've lost him.

I know what you mean. But the point is, becoming an All-Star for a couple of years is his maximum potential, he still needs to realize that. People need to know that he isn't there yet. And Raymond Felton, Timofey and Wilson will certainly never be more than servicable guys or borderline All-Stars (Wilson).

Jasi 02-22-2011 06:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NY-Knicks
I know what you mean. But the point is, becoming an All-Star for a couple of years is his maximum potential, he still needs to realize that. People need to know that he isn't there yet. And Raymond Felton, Timofey and Wilson will certainly never be more than servicable guys or borderline All-Stars (Wilson).

yeah I agree in fact I'm happy with this trade! :rockon:

I'm only worried for two things now:

1) the hole at the C position

2) Isiah

EDIT I forgot...

3) MDA, two big scoring forwards and no D whatsoever