Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   New York Knicks Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Why?? Why trade Gallo??? (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=210025)

knickballer 02-21-2011 11:43 PM

Why?? Why trade Gallo???

Nuggets and Melo held the Knicks by the balls and forced Knicks an awful trade.. I'm going to miss Gallo and Chandler they represented the new and Isiah free era but this Melo trade is going to start Isiah's reign all over again..

Gallo
Chandler
Felton
Mozgov
Randolph
Curry(shit)
2014 1st round pick
other draft picks and $$

Couldn't Melo wait for the offseason and stop being a greedy cuntt.. Great another selfish superstar, like we haven't seen that before..

Draz 02-21-2011 11:49 PM

Re: Why?? Why trade Gallo???

We took our team to a strip club and got stripped down. Oh well Felton was a temporary replacement along with Chandler. Only real loss was Gallo.

Sarcastic 02-21-2011 11:59 PM

Chandler was from the Isiah era.

It will be best for the team. This will increase the Knicks chances of landing any of the top free agents that they choose.

bluechox2 02-22-2011 12:19 AM

im gonna miss all these knicks.

Clutch 02-22-2011 01:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bluechox2
im gonna miss all these knicks.

I won't miss Curry and Randolph.

I am not going to miss Felton much also :lol

But Gallo and Mozgov ? WHY ? WHY ?

What did we do to you Nuggets, whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy ? :lol

Jasi 02-22-2011 05:53 AM

Sad as I am for Gallo's departure, I must admit it does make sense.

He plays the same position as Melo.

The inclusion of Mozzy is the kind of a rape for us.

NY-Knicks 02-22-2011 06:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jasi
Sad as I am for Gallo's departure, I must admit it does make sense.

He plays the same position as Melo.

The inclusion of Mozzy is the kind of a rape for us.

100% agree here. We needed to keep Timofey.

MightyWhitey 02-22-2011 06:09 AM

Irrelevant topic. This is what happens when you trade a role player (Gallo and the rest) for a Superstar (Melo) and other role players. Why? Oh dear no why was the chucker traded to Denver???

Because Melo is a way better player by 150%.

franchize 02-22-2011 10:24 AM

You ppl can't be serious.Gallo woulda been a backup.The Nuggets really wanted Fields and we made them take Gallo instead.Gallo may still get traded again. This was a good trade.A really good trade.

Bano114 02-22-2011 10:30 AM

Can we not refer to trades as rape? The comparrison between those 2 things is no where close.

Anyway. I would have liked the Knicks to have kept Gallo and Mozgov. A couple of hours before the deal went down it was known that the Nets were out of it. We should have immedietly took some players out of the deal or switched them with Corey Brewer from the Minny deal.

My ideal scenario would have been keeping Gallo and Mozgov because Gallo would be able to provide us instant O off the bench and Mozgov would've have been a nice defensive Center to use.

bluechox2 02-22-2011 10:37 AM

bottom line, our starting lineup is more experienced and hell ova lot better...

pringles only uses 8 men in the playoffs... we still ahve the same bench minus chandler and and much and improved starting 5.

we may of lost a bit more than i would of liked to give p but it had to happen.

Scoooter 02-22-2011 01:08 PM

Sarcastic 02-22-2011 01:22 PM

All I can say is those lines like "greatest shooter ever" and "next Dirk Nowitzki" really oversold allot of people. From what I have seen, he will be a nice player but nothing along those lines.

knickscity 02-22-2011 02:04 PM

I don't think this kind of commotion was made over David Lee and he made the all-star team.

bluechox2 02-22-2011 02:22 PM

we went from david lee, gallinari/chandler, duhon---> amar'e, melo, billups

certainly we made leaps and bounds.