Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Brooklyn Nets Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Nets trade Troy Murphy + pick for Brandan Wright and Dan Gadzuric (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=210274)

Nets fan 93 02-23-2011 02:55 PM

Nets trade Troy Murphy + pick for Brandan Wright and Dan Gadzuric

Quote:

the Nets sent Troy Murphy to the Warriors for two expiring contracts, Dan Gadzuric and Brandan Wright. The Nets are sending their 2011 pick and the Warriors 2012 pick to the Jazz. There could be more involved, and players included to make the salaries match. The news was first tweeted by Al Iannazzone.
-Netsdaily.com

With Humphries going back to being a starter... Wright is not that bad of a pickup. Lets see what he can do?

QuebecBaller 02-23-2011 06:09 PM

Re: Nets trade Troy Murphy + pick for Brandan Wright and Dan Gadzuric

Maybe D-Will can help him to become the good player he's supposed to be

Nets fan 93 02-24-2011 07:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QuebecBaller
Maybe D-Will can help him to become the good player he's supposed to be

I am just hoping for some energy. Similar to the way Hump was off the bench.

BuffaloNetsFan 02-24-2011 01:17 PM

As a UNC fan, I like the pick up of Wright. I think he left school a little early, but certainly has potential.

taibien86 02-25-2011 01:28 AM

when drafted by the bobcats, didn't wright say "jordan wouldn't want a piece of this" and then get traded 10 minutes later?

i dunno, i think this kid is dead weight.

HelloBrooklyn 03-02-2011 05:58 PM

I kind of donít know what to say about this trade, we basically traded an expirer and a draft pick for two expirers. Maybe Iím missing something but this trade really didnít seem to make that much sense. Indiana was actually looking for a starting power forward and Murph was good for them last year and his salary matches up with Granger, and apparently the Pacers are pretty high on George. Hopefully Billy King at least contacted them, obviously weíd have to give up more but I hope he at least tried.

Nets fan 93 03-02-2011 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HelloBrooklyn
I kind of donít know what to say about this trade, we basically traded an expirer and a draft pick for two expirers. Maybe Iím missing something but this trade really didnít seem to make that much sense. Indiana was actually looking for a starting power forward and Murph was good for them last year and his salary matches up with Granger, and apparently the Pacers are pretty high on George. Hopefully Billy King at least contacted them, obviously weíd have to give up more but I hope he at least tried.

I wonder why Wright hasn't gotten any mins yet?

HelloBrooklyn 03-02-2011 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nets fan 93
I wonder why Wright hasn't gotten any mins yet?

Yea I'm kind of confused as to why Wright isn't playing, he's the only back up power forward. I know Gadzuric isn't playing because they're trying to buy him out.

Brujesino 04-13-2011 02:43 AM

A Warriors fan checking to see how Brandan Wright is doing with the Nets.Does he get any playing time?

It's A VC3!!! 04-13-2011 07:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brujesino
A Warriors fan checking to see how Brandan Wright is doing with the Nets.Does he get any playing time?

As of late, Brandan Wright has seen an increase in his playing time, and he has been scoring. He is averaging near 7 points a game just under 18 minutes, and the bright side is his age. Personally I would like him to get more playing time, but I realize the Nets want an instant dominant PF for them when they move to Brooklyn so I don't think he will stick around much. But in 2-3 years this guy is capable of 15/10 if he plays atleast 30 minutes.