Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Chicago Bulls Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Boozer and Noah for Dwight? (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=215524)

game385 03-29-2011 10:19 AM

Boozer and Noah for Dwight?

I pulled off this trade the other day on 2K11, but I have to admit I had a bit of a hard time pulling the trigger (even on a video game) I'm curious to know what other Bulls fans think about this possibility in real life.

Hypothetically speaking of course, let's say that Orlando gets bounced in either the 1st or 2nd round of this years playoffs and by next season's all-star break they find themselves in the same position as Denver was this year... Thoughts?

Keep in mind too that Orlando would have to include another player as well to make the contracts work. (I got Bass on the game)

emsteez forreal 03-29-2011 02:23 PM

Re: Boozer and Noah for Dwight?

i think i'd do that.

Crystallas 03-29-2011 03:13 PM

I don't think Dwight is going to stay in Orlando. It would be sick to pawn Boozer off, and pickup Dwight.

Imagine that, JHO and DHO. Now thats something to strive for on a roster!

redbull 03-29-2011 07:33 PM

In a heartbeat. If Boozer was younger, it may take some thought but at this stage in his career I'd glady package him with Noah to get Howard

SinJackal 03-31-2011 03:41 AM

I would do it, because we would then have cap space to sign someone along with him. Boozer and Noah have bloated deals, especially if you put them together. It's nearly half a team salary cap worth of contract.

VishaltotheG 03-31-2011 06:32 PM

Easily

dee-rose 03-31-2011 08:53 PM

That would be absolute robbery on our part...

DaBigReality 03-31-2011 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dee-rose
That would be absolute robbery on our part...

Definite robbery so I don't ever see it happening. If this were to happen though, I'd make sure to keep both Taj and Asik and then sign some vet scrub as an additional PF.
Rose/Dwight = Dynasty for many years.

SinJackal 03-31-2011 11:21 PM

Just an addendum to my last post. . .I'm happy with Boozer and Noah. I don't think we "need Dwight" to win a championship. I just think Dwight + 9-10m for a good PF is better than Boozer and Noah. We don't "need" that though.

(e) 04-01-2011 12:54 AM

Duh. Although Noah is a great defensive center, think of Dwight Howard in Thibodeau's system.

It would be tough lossing both Noah and Boozer, but Dwight is the one player that would be worth it. Having the best PG and the best C on the same team? Hold onto Taj and Asik in that deal and you've still got a great group of bigs.

game385 04-01-2011 12:54 PM

A few Questions...
  1. What team(s) would Dwight be willing to sign an extension with?
  2. Assuming Dwight's preferences limits Orlando's options like it did with Denver and Melo, of those team(s), what would be Orlando's asking price?
  3. What do you see those team(s) willing to give up?