Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Chicago Bulls Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   First 60 win season for Bulls without MJ? (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=216723)

SinJackal 04-06-2011 01:57 AM

First 60 win season for Bulls without MJ?

Who else is excited about this possibility? :D

I never expected them to be this good this fast. But they've just kept on winning those tight games all season with D Rose closing that shit out like a beast, then piling on the blowouts.

Ruh-Roh 04-06-2011 02:03 AM

Re: First 60 win season for Bulls without MJ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by SinJackal
Who else is excited about this possibility? :D

I never expected them to be this good this fast. But they've just kept on winning those tight games all season with D Rose closing that shit out like a beast, then piling on the blowouts.

I'm excited and nervous, I just made another thread same time as you lol.

SinJackal 04-06-2011 08:23 PM

Heehee, yeah man, they definitely look like they're poised to do it. AND get the #1 seed at the same time. All they need to do is go 3-2. . .and they got 60 wins and the top seed. :roll:

ISH is mad. :D After calling Bulls fans homers all offseason and for the first like 2/3rds of this season for thinking the Bulls could get the 1-2 seed. . .

Now what haters?

:violin:

Glide2keva 04-06-2011 08:36 PM

Quote:

Heehee, yeah man, they definitely look like they're poised to do it. AND get the #1 seed at the same time. All they need to do is go 3-2. . .and they got 60 wins and the top seed. :roll:

ISH is mad. :D After calling Bulls fans homers all offseason and for the first like 2/3rds of this season for thinking the Bulls could get the 1-2 seed. . .

Now what haters?

:violin:

The thing is, we weren't really saying they could get the top seed until somewhere around Jan.

SinJackal 04-06-2011 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glide2keva
The thing is, we weren't really saying they could get the top seed until somewhere around Jan.

True. I figured they'd end up 3-4 when the season started. I'm pleasantly surprised right now. But yeah. . .how many times have you got called a homer for thinking the Bulls would be good, and for saying Rose is a great player? Probably a dozen times at least?

Most of ISH was claiming the Bulls would be 6th-7th seed at best, with the Bucks winning the division. :facepalm

tamaraw08 04-07-2011 01:33 AM

60 wins is great but I truly the value the great experience of watching this team thrive through hard work and discipline.
The incredible journey, watching floor burners like Brewer dive for those loose balls, Noah banging inside to get those rebounds, Korver running endlessly through those screens to get an open shot, Gibs blocking, Deng playing on both sides of the floor etc etc.
60 wins is the culmination of those hard work, how Thibs would stay up late to watch thousands of game tapes and prepare the team with endless drills.
Rose is the hands down MVP but lets not forget this is a total team effort. .

97 bulls 04-07-2011 03:23 AM

Quote:

True. I figured they'd end up 3-4 when the season started. I'm pleasantly surprised right now. But yeah. . .how many times have you got called a homer for thinking the Bulls would be good, and for saying Rose is a great player? Probably a dozen times at least?

Most of ISH was claiming the Bulls would be 6th-7th seed at best, with the Bucks winning the division. :facepalm

I remember the bucks/bulls comparison. Good times, good times.

Nastradamus 04-07-2011 03:02 PM

Goes to show you that sure, Chicago has talent, but there talent plays well together and plays defense, that goes a long way. Maggette and Salmons are poor fits with Jennings on the other hand and Bogut's elbow is still hurt. Gooden is ok, but sure not worth his contracst

nightprowler10 04-07-2011 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tamaraw08
60 wins is great but I truly the value the great experience of watching this team thrive through hard work and discipline.
The incredible journey, watching floor burners like Brewer dive for those loose balls, Noah banging inside to get those rebounds, Korver running endlessly through those screens to get an open shot, Gibs blocking, Deng playing on both sides of the floor etc etc.
60 wins is the culmination of those hard work, how Thibs would stay up late to watch thousands of game tapes and prepare the team with endless drills.
Rose is the hands down MVP but lets not forget this is a total team effort. .

You forgot Asik banging down low, and Bogans starting to be productive after 60 games!

step_back 04-10-2011 05:58 PM

60 WINS!!!!!!

:djparty :djparty :djparty :djparty :djparty

SinJackal 04-10-2011 06:17 PM

:rockon:

ballinhun8 04-10-2011 07:40 PM

Fantastic team accomplishment. It has been a long time coming to get back into that elite status but we are finally there.

Thru the Floyd years, the Cartwright era, the Skiles headband fiascos, then the What the hell is Vinny thinking time, we have seen a lot.

Now we have the favorites for MVP and COY. I really thought this team was curses after MJ but boy does it feel good! I hope the guys come out with the black kicks and white uni's for the playoffs like the '05 team did.

DRoseOwnsACamry 04-10-2011 07:46 PM

It's been a while and it feels gooooooooooood. :cheers:

nightprowler10 04-10-2011 09:01 PM

We supported them through the rough and the really rough years, and we're finally being rewarded for our patience...in style!

(e) 04-11-2011 01:59 PM

Best thing is the amount of room for improvement for this team.

A more prototypical NBA SG and this team is on another level.